Waldo's Weekly - Title and Registration

Kyle

Every Master already in the next book? Holy carp! That's like, what, 60 new Masters or something in that ballpark? Sheesh!

I do like the idea but am a wee bit concerned about balance. That's a gigantic shake-up.

I do like the different take on Sonnia quite a bit, though. A lot is different yet it is still definitely Sonnia. Should play quite different with her keyword as well.

I wonder if the TOS Starter replaces individual Guild and Resser starters.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Every Master already in the next book? Holy carp! That's like, what, 60 new Masters or something in that ballpark? Sheesh!

I do like the idea but am a wee bit concerned about balance. That's a gigantic shake-up.

Yeah, I missed that my first time reading through it. I'm pretty stoked to see the the game basically double in playstyles.

Don’t see how that could work with the current way stuff is announced, you announce faction, then master, reveal if using second master, reveal crews and titles, only whoopsie, that second master I declared, it’s illegal, and the faction I announced is different because my title card is a different faction from the one I declared, and the second master I hired is in.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Don’t see how that could work with the current way stuff is announced, you announce faction, then master, reveal if using second master, reveal crews and titles, only whoopsie, that second master I declared, it’s illegal, and the faction I announced is different because my title card is a different faction from the one I declared, and the second master I hired is in.

i could maybe see keywords changing but i dont think factions will change at all

51 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Not sure how this would be any different than declaring, say, Ressers, and then revealing that the master you picked was Von Schill. They're both illegal declarations. You'd just be restricted to titles that are legal for your declared faction (which would make the title declaration relatively predictable if only one of them was legal in your faction). 

Not at all saying I think it's likely we get new/dual factions on titles, but the rules structure doesn't disallow it.

More likely that a currently dual faction master would get a title that's available to only one of their current factions (to address complaints of X is better in Y faction - give 'em a new option only available in the one that's considered subpar). Still not betting on this happening, but I could see it. 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Crows said:

Wow did not expect something like this so soon on the heels of GG2. Very exciting! By "the new book" do they mean a new M3E Rulebook or something else?

Previous editions of the game had a regular cycle of expansion waves with a book that accompanied each wave.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, the tick said:
50 minutes ago, Mr. Crows said:

Wow did not expect something like this so soon on the heels of GG2. Very exciting! By "the new book" do they mean a new M3E Rulebook or something else?

Previous editions of the game had a regular cycle of expansion waves with a book that accompanied each wave.

Yeah, I almost consider Explorers 'wave 2' (or wave 1 if we want to start counting at 0) even tho i know it's a faction book like the original 7 at the start of M3e.  It still fits into the m2e 'yearly book with new models/masters/upgrades/etc vibe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Crows said:

They typically released a book each year with the new models in. 

Edit- must refresh before posting

• Thanks 1

Excellent news! I cannot wait!

I notice that Sonnia has a 30mm base for M3E and a 40mm base for ToS. Is this deliberate? Will there we some sort of basing solution, or do we need to do some magic ourselves? I seem to recall that 30mm lipped bases fit quite neatly into 40mm bases, so some sort of magnetic base solution sounds fairly straightforward to build.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesFlames said:

I notice that Sonnia has a 30mm base for M3E and a 40mm base for ToS. Is this deliberate? Will there we some sort of basing solution, or do we need to do some magic ourselves? I seem to recall that 30mm lipped bases fit quite neatly into 40mm bases, so some sort of magnetic base solution sounds fairly straightforward to build.

Yeah - you can fit a 30mm inside a 40mm and just have a double edged base. She'll be a bit taller, but should be easily doable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesFlames said:

I assume you'll have to do some magic yourself.  ToS champions tend to be on 40mm bases so I was figuring there'd be a bit of a size diff between the 2 games (is why I'm totally buying 2 copies of this starter!!!!). That said ToS bases arent the same malifaux lipped ones due to needing to slot into those combined bases, so a 30 mm base can definitely stand on a 40mm tos base without a lot of issue (now if it looks good. That's a diff story).

• Like 1