The titles are a home run.

Sonnia - Kirai

Asami - Dreamer

Anya - Ironsides

Viks - Yan Lo

Schtook - ?

We now have 4 full pair revealed. Beside the Sonnia - Kirai pair, all of them have a new multi-keyword model that works well with all versions of both side.

So what you guys think about the remaining pair? Is there any interesting combination based on lore or game mechanism?

I wanna see the following pairing:

• Ulix - Marcus: to make some mutated pigs
  • Zipp - Parker: they are in the same (flying) boat alreay
  • Ivan - Mei Feng: well you know...
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rufess said:

Schtook - ?

Sandeep - they've been in the fluff together before - Sandeep gave him his first book on necromancy and borrowed a student for a mission. Could have a new student-exchange program now that Schtook is accepting live students

Leveticus - kind of similar in that amalgamation of flesh and metal is their thing. Maybe Levi visits Transmortis as a guest lecturer? New model would be some sort of twisted monstrosity.

• Like 1

Perdita - Nekima or Markus: It'd be a great way to give her back her Avatar flying horse demon thing, and an unmounted flying-horse-demon-thing could be a neat shared model. 

Molly - Nellie: They've been circling eachother in the lore for a while and they're both reporters. 

Reva - Hamlin: Reva's intro story has lots of her mercy killing the sick, I'd love to see her and Hamlin sharing a runaway type model of an invalid that they get bonuses for killing. 

Colette - Seamus: Girls, Girls, Girls!

Nah - Hoffman: More Bayou bots

1 hour ago, MrPieChee said:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/content-reveals

Is that a new page? There's some art that hasn't been revealed in blog posts as far as I know...

Summoner ironsides...

Edit: looks like I missed the Toni and Anya reveal!

Anya, Toni and the Drudge were revealed in a podcast.

The Viks, Yan Lo and Kenshiro in a youtube video.

So it's a great thing for Wyrd to put all reveals in a single page. ^^

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Rufess said:

Sonnia - Kirai

Asami - Dreamer

Anya - Ironsides

Viks - Yan Lo

Schtook - ?

We now have 4 full pair revealed. Beside the Sonnia - Kirai pair, all of them have a new multi-keyword model that works well with all versions of both side.

So what you guys think about the remaining pair? Is there any interesting combination based on lore or game mechanism?

I wanna see the following pairing:

• Ulix - Marcus: to make some mutated pigs
  • Zipp - Parker: they are in the same (flying) boat alreay
  • Ivan - Mei Feng: well you know...

I had the idea that maybe it would be Dashel - Parker.  So far all the dual-Keyword models revealed have been cross-faction (not that there's much of a dataset to draw on there) and Zipp and Parker are both Outcasts (I know technically Zipp is Bayou too so it could still follow the format).  And I had the idea of a corrupt (not a surprise for Guild!) law enforcement type who works for the Guard but helps out the Bandits on the side which would fit them both.

But then again, it could literally be 90% of the other Masters too, so its all speculation!

9 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

I had the idea that maybe it would be Dashel - Parker.  So far all the dual-Keyword models revealed have been cross-faction (not that there's much of a dataset to draw on there) and Zipp and Parker are both Outcasts (I know technically Zipp is Bayou too so it could still follow the format).  And I had the idea of a corrupt (not a surprise for Guild!) law enforcement type who works for the Guard but helps out the Bandits on the side which would fit them both.

But then again, it could literally be 90% of the other Masters too, so its all speculation!

Interesting thing to note is that both Guard and Bandit Keywords share the Drop It! Trigger on a lot of their models :D A shared Keyword model would already have easy overlap.

• Agree 1

I assume the nightmare crews will still be locked to their original masters? I guess it has to be the case for those alternate masters on different sized bases. 

It'll be interesting to see if new upcoming nightmare crews reference the new titles or if they'll have the option to play for either title.

As much as I find the connection between Syndicate and M&SU logical, Ancestor and Mercenary surprised me.

I think that we will have several such surprising connections that nobody would have thought of... for example, with the keyword of Nellie, I could imagine a Woe/journalist combination because of the M2E. But also journalist/Bandit (investigative journalism) journalist/Big Hat (a gremlin trying to imitate...) or even journalist/Performers because the media like stars.

.... Or maybe journalists/Savage journalist/Obliteration or journalist/Cadmus for some reasons I can't imagine because I don't know enough about fluff.

Can't wait to see the other titles... (I really want to see the artwork of Tara)

• Agree 1

Titles are great. They were on top of my wish list for Malifaux (as I think it's the best way to create design space) and Wyrd deliver.

Complexity will be through the roof though. A lot of those new masters are quite complicated... Even a beaters like the Viks has some subtle interactions.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pallas4 said:

I think that we will have several such surprising connections that nobody would have thought of... for example, with the keyword of Nellie, I could imagine a Woe/journalist combination because of the M2E. But also journalist/Bandit (investigative journalism) journalist/Big Hat (a gremlin trying to imitate...) or even journalist/Performers because the media like stars.

I want the journalist / infamous ringside reporter model sooo bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Pallas4 said:

As much as I find the connection between Syndicate and M&SU logical, Ancestor and Mercenary surprised me.

.... Or maybe journalists/Savage journalist/Obliteration or journalist/Cadmus for some reasons I can't imagine because I don't know enough about fluff.

Can't wait to see the other titles... (I really want to see the artwork of Tara)

Someone on the Malifaux subreddit posted their skull-mask facepaint Performer paintjob a while back...you know, like what's depicted on the art for the Domadors.  So how's Performer/Marshal for an odd combination?

Also, to be fair, Cadmus basically goes with anything that isn't constructs purely by virtue of its nature as a parasitic hive mind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, clockworkspide said:

Someone on the Malifaux subreddit posted their skull-mask facepaint Performer paintjob a while back...you know, like what's depicted on the art for the Domadors.  So how's Performer/Marshal for an odd combination?

Also, to be fair, Cadmus basically goes with anything that isn't constructs purely by virtue of its nature as a parasitic hive mind.

I think Marshal will already be taken.

If I had to put money down on any one pairing, it'd be Marshal/Obliteration.

With some kind of Death Marshal Enforcer as the bridging model, or at least something that gives the capacity to hire DM's into Oblit.

I would actually bet against the pairings that make as much sense as Marshal/Obliteration, which is a good thing. There is nothing really to connect Mercenary/Ancestor or M&SU/Syndicate or Oni/Nightmare. Not that I can see anyway. The Marshal and Obliteration however would both clearly benefit from bury and would be so logical to put together. It just hasn't been the trend. You probably have a better chance at Performer/Marshal based on that what we've seen so far. 

I really like what they have done with some of the linked themes that tie the keywords together in interesting ways. The drudge is probably the best so far in providing a valuable mechanic that boosts both keywords in different ways and adds to the playstyle of both new masters. Kenshiro too boosts both the Viks and Yan Lo is pretty cool ways (both versions of each). I can't wait to see him on the  table. 

The titles are very well done so far. The playstyles are different enough to be new for each but compelling to try. Definitely a home run!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trample said:

I would actually bet against the pairings that make as much sense as Marshal/Obliteration, which is a good thing. There is nothing really to connect Mercenary/Ancestor or M&SU/Syndicate or Oni/Nightmare. Not that I can see anyway. The Marshal and Obliteration however would both clearly benefit from bury and would be so logical to put together. It just hasn't been the trend. You probably have a better chance at Performer/Marshal based on that what we've seen so far. 

I really like what they have done with some of the linked themes that tie the keywords together in interesting ways. The drudge is probably the best so far in providing a valuable mechanic that boosts both keywords in different ways and adds to the playstyle of both new masters. Kenshiro too boosts both the Viks and Yan Lo is pretty cool ways (both versions of each). I can't wait to see him on the  table. 

The titles are very well done so far. The playstyles are different enough to be new for each but compelling to try. Definitely a home run!  

Oni/Nightmare both involve creatures that come from another realm and/or aren't quite physically real in the same sense that you or I are.

M&SU/Syndicate is fairly simple:  it's a union vs an exploitive employer, with the lowliest workers in the middle being pulled around by both sides.

I'll give you Mercenary/Ancestor, but one of Yan Lo's descendents as a strategist for hire isn't entirely implausible.

16 hours ago, Inefficiency_Expert said:

My guess is that the pairings will be story based than mechanic based. So off the top of my head....

Lady J/ Dr. Macmourning

Nellie/Molly

Titania/Nexus 

Von Schtook/Sandeep maybe. 

Oh and Marcus/Cooper

Dreamer and Asami shows it won't be purely story based. Probably going to be a mix of both story and mechanics/thematics.