Waldo's Weekly - Come Together

MattM

Sounds like a very interesting master to play!
Parasite your ennemies, use them to get a suit/reduce damage/draw LOS from. Spread your influence & use the upgrade's action to do some last minute positionning/interaction at the the of the turn (I'm guessing what she summons is insignificant, hence the trigger to ignore that)

41 minutes ago, MajorUndead said:

Parasite your ennemies, use them to get a suit/reduce damage/draw LOS from. 

I don't think siphon power and parasite tokens work like that. Siphon power says the friendly model can take the damage to give you a suit, and whilst you can treat the models with parasite tokens as friendly, it doesn't let you make choices for them. 

Damage and los work though. As does will of cadmus.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Adran said:

I don't think siphon power and parasite tokens work like that. Siphon power says the friendly model can take the damage to give you a suit, and whilst you can treat the models with parasite tokens as friendly, it doesn't let you make choices for them. 

Damage and los work though. 

You can do it. You can choose yourself to get the 1 Damage and redirect that damage with We are Legion.

1 minute ago, ShinChan said:

You can do it. You can choose yourself to get the 1 Damage and redirect that damage with We are Legion.

That does work. I hadn't thought that far through. 

Edit- it's irreducible damage, so you would still take it, but you can make a parasite tokened model take it as well. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Nice catch @Adran & @ShinChan.
Indeed you can't directly use syphon power like this, but you can use syphon power on Nexus then use we are legion.
So you can only do this indirect usage once per model

15 hours ago, Nathan Sells said:

It's horrible...I love it.
I wonder if they'll have any play with Widow Weaver or the Bandersnatch...

This model, probably not (based purely on whats on the card).  A Henchman with Cadmus and Nightmare Keywords though...  That I could totally see.  God help us all!

13 hours ago, MajorUndead said:

Parasite your ennemies, use them to get a suit/reduce damage/draw LOS from. Spread your influence & use the upgrade's action to do some last minute positionning/interaction at the the of the turn (I'm guessing what she summons is insignificant, hence the trigger to ignore that)

The Eyes and Ears sound Insignificant.  My money is on little non-entity models that exist primarily for Nexus to draw LoS from and shunt damage to when the need arises.  Otherwise useless, but great for other models to bounce off (literally in the case of the exoskeleton!

• Agree 1

So if the model has a parasite token on it. 
Stat7 1/3/4 
Siphon power with we are legion to ping both,
Declare rams to siphon life.
Attack is now 3/5/6 Discard a card or get parasite token.
Which makes it Discard a card or take 2 irreducible. 
Seems decent.

Not to mention all the other silly things imaginable. Can't wait.

12 hours ago, Fluffaluffacus said:

So if the model has a parasite token on it. 
Stat7 1/3/4 
Siphon power with we are legion to ping both,
Declare rams to siphon life.
Attack is now 3/5/6 Discard a card or get parasite token.
Which makes it Discard a card or take 2 irreducible. 
Seems decent.

Not to mention all the other silly things imaginable. Can't wait.

Couple of things (and I'm sure people will discover more the longer this thing is out), but Siphon power is a "may" so if you are trying to siphon from an enemy model with a parasite, they can always choose not to. If you are siphoning from Nexus that should be fine but it is irreducible. I think we are legion would still allow you to give an enemy parasited model a point of damage, even if you aren't able to reduce the damage (please correct me if I'm wrong), but Nexus would also still take a point. I think that's what you were getting at anyway. Just trying to walk myself through the action. 

Still seems really neat. Live for the swarm! 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Curious to see how this creepy creature fits into the Explorers Guild in the fluff fiction, if I was viewing things from afar I'd default to Neverborn obviously, could see her as a Ten Thunders or Arcanist (breach crossing mutated human). So in the Explorers, well we shall see.

Also hope that the entire crew reflects this super creepy spider vibe.

Concerning Widow Weaver, this is where the obvious default to Neverborn would have been my mindset (which obviously we're not). Widow Weaver, unless she is errata'd has no cross over in game, but, again, I cannot help but think she'll have some cross reference in the fluff, the theme of these two models is so very connected. 

So love the art look.

Like the model concept, seems strong (yep master) but also sideways with her power requiring a little thought and set up, spinning the web if you will.

But most interested to see the fluff, how does this slide into the Explorer concept..... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dancater said:

Also hope that the entire crew reflects this super creepy spider vibe.

Concerning Widow Weaver, this is where the obvious default to Neverborn would have been my mindset (which obviously we're not). Widow Weaver, unless she is errata'd has no cross over in game, but, again, I cannot help but think she'll have some cross reference in the fluff, the theme of these two models is so very connected. 

We have no idea on the stories, but I don't really see a connection between the widow weaver and Nexus (other than their outward appearance). Mind you I had similar objections to all the people that thought Grimwell and the Aslyum crew were related to McMorning. 

Yes, they both have webs. But the Widow weaver (and the Bandisnatch) both seem to be lone hunters, who weave webs. Nexus (and I assume the Cadmus keyword) seem to be a hive mind, all controlled by the same being. The parasite mechanic seems to be a form of mind control, that we don't really see in the other webby forms (I probably ought to include Jogomoro in the things I don't think are connected in the story, but look slightly similar).  

From that I would start to worry about what would happen if they got together with Hamlin who also has a mind control vibe

I'm looking forward to the stories explaining them. My best guess is something a little like the baddy in the Mummy.