Jump to content
Nathan Caroland

Some bits and bobs about M3E going forward ...

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, NicoWZ said:

I suppose that the M3E figures will be of the same type as those of "The Other Side". Molded in a flexible plastic and assembled completely.

It was stated before. M3E is done using same plastic as before. HIPS. Nowhere it was said they will be preassembled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, NicoWZ said:

Hello everyone.
You talk a lot about rules and translations, but I would like to make a comment about miniatures ...
I suppose that the M3E figures will be of the same type as those of "The Other Side". Molded in a flexible plastic and assembled completely. It will be difficult to eliminate the molding lines and almost impossible to make transformations!
I am sad about these changes!

I don't know where you got this idea, but I own some of the M3E figures that were sold at Adepticon, and can assure you this isn't the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NicoWZ said:

Hello everyone.
You talk a lot about rules and translations, but I would like to make a comment about miniatures ...
I suppose that the M3E figures will be of the same type as those of "The Other Side". Molded in a flexible plastic and assembled completely. It will be difficult to eliminate the molding lines and almost impossible to make transformations!
I am sad about these changes!

Be happy, your supposition is wrong. Malifaux is not changing plastic The M3 page says

"Malifaux models will still be offered in the high quality plastic everyone has come to expect. Over time, new boxes and sculpts will be released to compliment new crews and gameplay adjustments. With new releases, our goal is to fine-tune and reduce the overall SKU count to limit product bloat."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NicoWZ said:

Hello everyone.
You talk a lot about rules and translations, but I would like to make a comment about miniatures ...
I suppose that the M3E figures will be of the same type as those of "The Other Side". Molded in a flexible plastic and assembled completely. It will be difficult to eliminate the molding lines and almost impossible to make transformations!
I am sad about these changes!

This question is asked about once per day, and the answer has always been the same. TOS plastic is for TOS, and Malifaux is staying with the same old Malifaux plastic we know and love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half of our community despises cards and will only use the app. The other half does not speak english and needs translation to play at all.

 

So for me it all boils down to, M3e will not come out in june, the release is postponed for months. Very sad Panda!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NicoWZ said:

Hello everyone.
You talk a lot about rules and translations, but I would like to make a comment about miniatures ...
I suppose that the M3E figures will be of the same type as those of "The Other Side". Molded in a flexible plastic and assembled completely. It will be difficult to eliminate the molding lines and almost impossible to make transformations!
I am sad about these changes!

Nope. They will come with sprues like the M2E so we can continue to have a lot of fun assembling them xD there were pictures of the sprues of Youko Crew and Basse Crew in the old forum

 

Edit: of course I didn't see there was another page and my answer is useless right now 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Archangle said:

Half of our community despises cards and will only use the app. The other half does not speak english and needs translation to play at all.

 

So for me it all boils down to, M3e will not come out in june, the release is postponed for months. Very sad Panda!

so what did you do for m2e before the app?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to hear about all the troubles. 

You could set up a shipping office somewhere in Europe (or some country who keeps to the sidelines). :)USA-China trade might be on the fritz until the world as we know it ends. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dannydb said:

so what did you do for m2e before the app?

So a long time ago women where burnt as witches. But now the dark age is over and nobody wants to go back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 2:38 PM, Adran said:

Be happy, your supposition is wrong. Malifaux is not changing plastic The M3 page says

"Malifaux models will still be offered in the high quality plastic everyone has come to expect. Over time, new boxes and sculpts will be released to compliment new crews and gameplay adjustments. With new releases, our goal is to fine-tune and reduce the overall SKU count to limit product bloat."

Thank you to everyone who answered me  (AudreyF, nomoredroids, Adram, Cbtb11235813, SerZaka).

I do not speak and do not read English ...
So I did not follow the discussions on the forum very much.
I'm just painting the figures and I'm a fan of Wyrd production ...


My last acquisition was a box of "The Other Side" and I was very disappointed with the pre-assembly and the quality of the plastic ...
Since it was the last product of Wyrd, I assumed (wrongly) that future Malifaux pieces would be made on the same model.

The thing that would be nice would be that the figures of The Other Side are produced in the same way.
Thanks again for the good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 2:20 PM, yool1981 said:

About the errata I was not implying there would be one soon. Sorry if I was unclear. I just thought that it was likely that during the M3E's happy life there would be a few card modifications and wanted to know how we would be able to track if the translation is up to date.

I'm pretty sure that the testers and designers missed some models in the 450 set (+ upgrades). 

I just hope it will be handled better and faster than Sandeep and Hamelin in M2E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @Nathan Caroland for the update.  I am so excited for Friday to be here and delve into the new version.  I, as a player, appreciate the update and am glad to hear that none of the delays keep us from playing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'm hearing from FLGSs that distributors haven't started getting 3e stuff in yet. Has there been a delay? Is stuff on its way to distributors? If it isn't is there any chance product will be in stores on Friday?

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

They've got it - whether they have sent it out or not is another thing. If you're store is getting it through Alliance Midwest - read here.

 

 

Thanks, Nathan, and thanks for being so up front about where everything is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had two seperate shops here in Ontario, Canada explain that their distributors didn't get any M3E stuff. It's really put a damper on the release for our local community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My LGS here in the UK has had their stock in ready to buy tomorrow (finishing work can't come quick enough!).  If the stock can make its way across to Europe in time, I can't help but think any delays into Canada are the distributor not ordering correctly rather than Wyrd's logistics.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

My LGS here in the UK has had their stock in ready to buy tomorrow (finishing work can't come quick enough!).  If the stock can make its way across to Europe in time, I can't help but think any delays into Canada are the distributor not ordering correctly rather than Wyrd's logistics.

Yeah I'm also in the UK and I just got the shipping notification from my LGS. Should be with me tomorrow all being well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've preorded stuff from two locals. Only got a message that the fate deck has been mailed and everything else is 'waiting for stock' but i wouldn't be surprised if they are just going to ship everything with the faction books when they arrive knowing them. But at least some uk stuff is out and on its way already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theamazingmrg said:

My LGS here in the UK has had their stock in ready to buy tomorrow (finishing work can't come quick enough!).  If the stock can make its way across to Europe in time, I can't help but think any delays into Canada are the distributor not ordering correctly rather than Wyrd's logistics.

 

1 hour ago, ankh0137 said:

Yeah I'm also in the UK and I just got the shipping notification from my LGS. Should be with me tomorrow all being well. 

I'm pleased to hear you guys are getting the products you ordered. I guess all I can hope is that my shops get stuff in soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rhonlore said:

 

I'm pleased to hear you guys are getting the products you ordered. I guess all I can hope is that my shops get stuff in soon.

I definitely sympathise with you.  There's nothing more annoying (in gaming terms) than seeing everybody else get their stuff when yours hasn't arrived.  I was just pointing out (for the benefit of those who were blaming Wyrd) that the likelihood is a shoddy distributor rather than Wyrd being to blame.  Unfortunately, because distributors aren't bound to a single game system they end up being a law unto themselves.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Spain we are not getting anything due to the high temperatures melting everything on the spot. We've suggested delivering during the night or covering everything with the stuff the NASA uses for the re-entry of their ships. 

Jokes aside, so envious seeing all the goodies arriving to the UK... 

  • Haha 4
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...