Jump to content
Nathan Caroland

Some bits and bobs about M3E going forward ...

Recommended Posts

Thanks for the heads up, it is appreciated. Just to confirm, that promo is for purchases made starting July, not June?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, retnab said:

Thanks for the heads up, it is appreciated. Just to confirm, that promo is for purchases made starting July, not June?

June 28th, thank you for catching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear from you Wyrd, and from the translation matter.

Excited to take a look at the french version and get my friends into this great game.

About the app, I was never fond of the bad things happen app, not responsive enough. Wish you and the developers the best to make an app as cool looking as useful for new players and veterans along.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

From June 28th through December 15th, with the purchase of a physical copy of any new M3E core rulebook or Faction book, send in your proof of purchase and receive the PDF for free via DrivethruRPG.

I have a pre-order from my FLAGs, mail order, for two books. One for myself and one for my Mrs. Does that mean we both can get the pdf or just me since they will be on the same proof of purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ankh0137 said:

I have a pre-order from my FLAGs, mail order, for two books. One for myself and one for my Mrs. Does that mean we both can get the pdf or just me since they will be on the same proof of purchase.

Preorders for M3E books will be honored for the promotion. And one physical book = one digital PDF code. If you have two books purchased on the same receipt, you'll receive two digital codes, too.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

APPS

The decision has been made for multiple reasons not to update the Bad Things Happen app to 3rd Edition, though it will still be available for those that continue to play 2E. We are currently working on a new application that will be available for IOS, Android, as well as web-based that will be provided to the community absolutely free. We expect the development to be completed within two to three months.  We will be opening it for testing in the forums here in the near future. 

Excited to hear this is moving forward.  Any chance of a TOS app or the two (TOS and M3E) getting co-developed into a single creation?  Or the prospective TOS app not part of this particular development push.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's time for local manufacturing? I don't expect people to mind paying a little more for a higher quality and more timely received product.

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am floored you managed to get through talking about all that grief about shipping without a single political remark. It’s testing my restraint and I’m not even involved in the least.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always good to hear some news.

I had read somewhere that Wyrd does not want other third party apps to include their model cards inside. Is this policy starts from the launch day, or this will start after the official app release so we players can use other apps during the time gap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super happy to hear about the PDFs! 

Not quite as happy about the app, though there are fan made apps that can tide me other. I hope that Bad Things Happen-users at least can get a little discount, and not have to buy it all from scratch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot for the news.

Seeing that there was a naval blockade to try to delay the faction books, what kind of dark secrets are you revealing?

Speaking of books, I do not buy physical copies anymore because it takes too much space so I buy the pdfs directly. Do you expect the books to be released in pdf 2-3 months after physical release as was usually done previously or will this practice change?

The translations are a great news. Many players play in both French & English, how do you expect the errata to be handled? Will there be a versionning written on each card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the news and the pdf promotion!

For the app, I hope the feedback from the last one has been taken and there aren't so many pop-ups... Either just put the whole card or use drop-down text would be so much better than pop-ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the updates! I really like the "get your PDF free" concept, easier to carry them. Regarding the app I think it's a cool idea not updating the current app so people who prefer playing M2E can still get the full of it while we get also a new one with all the experience gathered from the M2E one. 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oistene said:

Super happy to hear about the PDFs! 

Not quite as happy about the app, though there are fan made apps that can tide me other. I hope that Bad Things Happen-users at least can get a little discount, and not have to buy it all from scratch.

As stated, it's free. No purchase in the least, nor in-app purchases.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope you will give free cards and rules in printable version at 28th of June.
Dunno how at other places but in our local community is nearly dead for a last year.
And if free rules and cards are guven with books/apss purchases/cannot be printed and so on it will be shooting in own knee.
 

I know that we are living in world of EFFFICIENT SALES MANAGER but hoping that this time everything will be smooth and cool and i will get rid of thoughts to sell my whole faction for 200-300$ because no one buy it for a bigger price because Malifaux in my country is dead and people selling starters for 15$ just to get rid of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nathan Caroland did you (as in Wyrd) not talk about the coming rules for M3E would be free in some sharpe or form i think i read it somewhere maybe in a newsletter but i cant remember where?
Or is " Speaking of books, we will be running a promotion to make up for this delay. " what was planned in the first place?
Or are the free version today where its just the rules with no stories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tumling said:

@Nathan Caroland did you (as in Wyrd) not talk about the coming rules for M3E would be free in some sharpe or form i think i read it somewhere maybe in a newsletter but i cant remember where?

If you go to the M3 information page (just click on the banner at the top of the page)

An Accessible Rules Manual: M3E's rules and stat cards will be released online for free at release. The rules and stat cards will also be translated in seven languages at release as well: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

If you have any concerns over the quality of the translations or layouts, please take a look at our TOS rules and cards which have already been provided.

Russian community do have concerns. But there are still no TOS rules in Russian to check the quality.

Please making translation a bit more public. Proof reading by a community and providing feedback before Rules are set would benefit a lot. Previous time we had no chance to look at the translation before it was on shelves, causing major shitstorm regarding translation quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, AndreyF said:

Russian community do have concerns. But there are still no TOS rules in Russian to check the quality.

Please making translation a bit more public. Proof reading by a community and providing feedback before Rules are set would benefit a lot. Previous time we had no chance to look at the translation before it was on shelves, causing major shitstorm regarding translation quality.

Appreciate the concerns. We are working with different translators than we have in the past. Once we have the Russian TOS rules available (which should be soon), we encourage our Russian players to look it over and let us know of any issues that we might have overlooked. That also goes for any of the other TOS language translations, too. If anyone notices a quirk or typo, reach out to us via our Contact form on our website and we can get those addressed. 

4 hours ago, yool1981 said:

Thanks a lot for the news.

Seeing that there was a naval blockade to try to delay the faction books, what kind of dark secrets are you revealing?

Speaking of books, I do not buy physical copies anymore because it takes too much space so I buy the pdfs directly. Do you expect the books to be released in pdf 2-3 months after physical release as was usually done previously or will this practice change?

The translations are a great news. Many players play in both French & English, how do you expect the errata to be handled? Will there be a versionning written on each card?

The PDFs for Faction Books will become available shortly after the physical books are on store shelves (the grace period will be what you are already used to). The digital rules and cards will be available on our site at launch. 

We have not announced any information about potential errata. We'll cross that bridge at a later time.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people pre-order the books and get their code, will they be able to get the pdfs early? Or will they have to wait till they're officially released on Drivethru?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The PDFs for Faction Books will become available shortly after the physical books are on store shelves (the grace period will be what you are already used to). The digital rules and cards will be available on our site at launch. 

We have not announced any information about potential errata. We'll cross that bridge at a later time.

Awesome thanks !

About the errata I was not implying there would be one soon. Sorry if I was unclear. I just thought that it was likely that during the M3E's happy life there would be a few card modifications and wanted to know how we would be able to track if the translation is up to date.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone.
You talk a lot about rules and translations, but I would like to make a comment about miniatures ...
I suppose that the M3E figures will be of the same type as those of "The Other Side". Molded in a flexible plastic and assembled completely. It will be difficult to eliminate the molding lines and almost impossible to make transformations!
I am sad about these changes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information