New Sonia Title

Thatguy

On 4/29/2021 at 10:13 PM, Adran said:

It is 9, but getting 3 lots of severe damage is not easy (which is where I think the talk of the red joker was coming in) especially since Focus is now limited to +2 so you can't use it on all 3 actions.  

I mean, you could target your own models to be at easy straight flip to damage. You'd need a model that could be easily healed up or that you didn't mind dying (effigy could take two severes), but maybe it'd be worth it in some pools to completely cover an area of the board in severe and burning terrain.

You could definitely get those numbers up if you just wanted the meme of as many Pyres as possible.

9 hours ago, Jinn said:

I mean, you could target your own models to be at easy straight flip to damage. You'd need a model that could be easily healed up or that you didn't mind dying (effigy could take two severes), but maybe it'd be worth it in some pools to completely cover an area of the board in severe and burning terrain.

You could definitely get those numbers up if you just wanted the meme of as many Pyres as possible.

You can't generate blast if you target your own models. 

So yeah RJ will probably help your for the perfect 9.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 4:05 AM, Thatguy said:

I don't think anyone is going to downgrade base sizes, unless Euripides goes on a diet.

There's not that many masters that aren't on 30mm bases (I can only find 5), but for most of those it could be done reasonably.

Sandeep could easily go to 30mm. He's only 40mm for game purposes and because of his current pose.

Reva and McCabe could not bring the horsies.

A non-Greatswordy Nekima could probably go to a 40mm if she had her wings tucked, doing an Algren-esque pose. 30mm is probably not a realistic option.

Only Euripedes probably couldn't, without a significant redesign of the physique.

Speaking of Title speculation/wishlisting, I'd like to see a Lady J that leaned into more support and mobility. Friendly Death Marshals gain Incorporeal, friendly burying. That sort of thing. 

And backstab Lucius - give That's What Lackeys Are For and Commanding Presence back, strip out Issue Command and give him a version of the Backstab action on his upgrade from 2e where if he arranges things correctly he does massive damage. 

I'd love to see a Nellie title like "Rising Editor" with an ability that gives Don't Mind Me to friendly journalists within 8". Right now a Nellie crew depends so much on her for scheming, and the other models are a bit fragile, so it would be nice to force them to work in her bubble of influence, but have some better options.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:10 AM, trikk said:

Thralls and Handlers will defo see play. Stalkers I'm pretty sure won't :(

Sure they will. Sonnia1 summons them. :D

She is very efficient with Thralls w/ LLC. VERY. They will see play with her, and with a Handler for sure. And I don't really get the hate on Hopkins, he's always been a solid bro to me. So you easy have a base list right there in keyword. Then you can flex as needed. 

The nice thing about her is that she has the synergies to encourage the keyword, but isn't trapped by it. So if you need to go versatile, do so, she's super flexible like that. Also Burn Them Out with Divine Strike is MONEY. So much money. Also Flamestrike trigger on On the Pyre. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Meliondor said:

What kind of model / box is that? I do not find her in the shop and have no idea where this card is from. Also not in the app

It is going to come in the The Other Side starter box which is due out at gen con. Waldo previewed the card, but until it's finalized and released it won't be in the app. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 4:47 AM, Jakomo said:

I just got something crazy in my head. What if we take Lucius, Sonnia and 3 changelings to act Just Like You? Cutting opp deck during each activation. Or it has been already mentioned?

First page.

The question is, are the resources worth it?28SS, likely one or more cards from hand (5 for Sonnia, 7's for Changelings), and a relatively immobile bubble.

The trade-off being the ability to disrupt your opponents deck for a good chunk of, if not most of your opponents turn. It's definitely going to be a negative play experience for them, but will it be enough to stop them winning?

And there are some workarounds if you want. If you suspect they've stacked your topdeck with garbage, have a gumby of your own hit a Friendly. One card on the attack flip, three cards on the damage, you've cleared 4 cards. 1AP and minimum damage, from a garbage model, seems a not unreasonable trade.

Also, Some crews make it harder. Oh, you've put four garbage cards on top of my deck as McMourning? Cool. Flask of Formaldehyde. Or Wong setting off a Hard Knock Life bomb. Several crews are fine with garbage cards.

The way I see it, the best use is in a card denial/execute type crew. Use it, make it force them to use several cards from hand to try and avoid the Flamebursts, and that's a third of their hand spent.

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...

So, the whole book has been spoiled, and, unless I have missed something serious, Sonnia is going to be... the only master in the game that doesn't get something new for her keyword? That seems like a bit of a kick in the pants, as I certainly haven't been super jazzed about the M3E Witch Hunters. Sonnia herself does all kinds of cool stuff, but so much of the keyword (Spellcasters, Quellers, Stalkers, arguably Hopkins) seems to be hard to justify hiring...

2 minutes ago, Avatar of Butter said:

So, the whole book has been spoiled, and, unless I have missed something serious, Sonnia is going to be... the only master in the game that doesn't get something new for her keyword? That seems like a bit of a kick in the pants, as I certainly haven't been super jazzed about the M3E Witch Hunters. Sonnia herself does all kinds of cool stuff, but so much of the keyword (Spellcasters, Quellers, Stalkers, arguably Hopkins) seems to be hard to justify hiring...

I guess she got the spelleaters relatively recently to expand her keyword, but yes it would have been nice to get an enforcer/henchman in keyword. At the moment she has plenty of minions but only Hopkins as an enforcer/henchman choice. 

23 minutes ago, Maladroit said:

I guess she got the spelleaters relatively recently to expand her keyword, but yes it would have been nice to get an enforcer/henchman in keyword. At the moment she has plenty of minions but only Hopkins as an enforcer/henchman choice. 

It's funny that the new Guild Mage and the Spell Eater are so similar, too. Same cost, similar stats, same 6 inch bubble of benefit from enemies discarding cards, arcane shield, transmute trigger...

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Avatar of Butter said:

Agreed.  It is a glaring hole in the Malifaux Burns releases.  But...

They previewed Hexbows for The Other Side.  Maybe they're the new model for Witch Hunter?  just tying Sonnia's releases to TOS, rather than the book (as they've done with Kirai).

I'd have preferred an Enforcer/Henchman though.  There are plenty of Witch Hunter Minions.  More independent character releases are what the Keyword needs (or a good, cheap Witchling.  Or both.)

• Agree 1