New Sonia Title

Thatguy

• Thatguy changed the title to New Sonia Title

I'm just imagining how bad it's going to feel when she Confiscated Lores you then let's you keep all 5 on top. Lol

The new synergies with Witchlinhs seem great. Drawn to Pain and stuff like Consolidate Power got more utility. 

With all the new hotness (lol) I'm not sure Old Sonia will see much play.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, admiralvorkraft said:

But also - no sword, no self heal, no hazardous aura, no ignoring LoS, no summoning...

I don't think new Sonnia is strictly better in any way. But she plays in a way I'm more excited by. 

Burn them Out ignores LOS and seems designed to force enemies into your LOS. Maybe it won't work, but it looks designed to directly address that.

1 hour ago, touchdown said:

Burn them Out ignores LOS and seems designed to force enemies into your LOS. Maybe it won't work, but it looks designed to directly address that.

Oh, I'm not concerned about this version being weaker. It's just easier to see what the new sexiness has than what it misses. Like an engagement range 😛

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I'm just imagining how bad it's going to feel when she Confiscated Lores you then let's you keep all 5 on top. Lol

Just imagine how bad you'll feel when you do it five to seven times throughout a turn, when you second Master her into a Lucius crew (her, three Changelings, Lucius issuing commands to those Changelings).

I'm sure you'll feel terrible.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Just imagine how bad you'll feel when you do it five to seven times throughout a turn, when you second Master her into a Lucius crew (her, three Changelings, Lucius issuing commands to those Changelings).

I'm sure you'll feel terrible.

Finally a list to play Lucid Dreaming spam against as a counter!

5 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Though spamming her min 2, create a severe pyre marker ability at 14 inches (with built in positives...)

Holy snap that's potent. And you decide which sonnia you use after your opponent declares a master, so you don't do it vs incorporeal crews.

Very spicy.

Incorp can't ignore her pyres anyway. 

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Oh true!! So they're affected by the severe? Super good! Imagine a Hanged hit by severe terrain xD

Actually looking it over I think my initial reading was wrong. Her effect says models cannot be unaffected by her markers terrain traits. Incorp says they ignore terrain while moving and are unaffected by hazardous terrain. So how I think it works is if their moving they ignore the terrain but if they take other actions while in it they take the hazardous. 

Edit: I'll need to dig into the rules to see if my reading is correct or not. My reading is based on treating "ignore" and "unaffected" as working differently from a rules perspective 

Edited by Korrok

11 minutes ago, Korrok said:

Actually looking it over I think my initial reading was wrong. Her effect says models cannot be unaffected by her markers terrain traits. Incorp says they ignore terrain while moving and are unaffected by hazardous terrain. So how I think it works is if their moving they ignore the terrain but if they take other actions while in it they take the hazardous. 

From memory, ignoring terrain means you are unaffected by the negative effects (see terrain sidebars in the rulebook).

So I think it actually works against incorporeal!

Just now, Maniacal_cackle said:

From memory, ignoring terrain means you are unaffected by the negative effects (see terrain sidebars in the rulebook).

So I think it actually works against incorporeal!

Literally just finished editing my post saying I need to look into it more. I think I found the spot now that actually confirms you. So yeah, Incorp getting messed up lol