Waldo's Weekly - Coming Down the Mountain

Kyle

WaldosWeekly_0821_Geryon_Art.jpg

Hey Wyrdos,

This week, the break room’s kitchen sink started to leak, and before we even had the opportunity to call our plumber, Waldo was already beneath the countertop and messing around with the pipes. We should have been skeptical of his over-confidence, as we not only have to buy a new sink (and a fridge, a microwave, and a coffee pot), but we also have to figure out how to get him out from under there. At least his gut seems to be doing the trick with holding back the water in the meantime.

So while Waldo’s stuck wallowing in his own mistakes, let’s take a look at one of the last few remaining unrevealed characters in Malifaux Third Edition: the Geryon!

WaldosWeekly_0821_Geryon_Card.jpg

After decades for many and centuries for some, the all-seeing Euripides and his loyal Gigants are finally coming down from the mountains to join the fray and hopefully tip the scales in their favor. Leading the pack (behind carefully placed Ice Pillars, of course) are the twisted monstrosities known as the Geryon.

WaldosWeekly_0821_Geryon_Render.jpg

These twisted behemoths pack a (boulder-sized) punch on the battlefield, but can do a lot more for your Savage Crew than just pummel your enemies into oblivion. Their Shoulder Rush Tactical Action allows them to knock aside an Ice Pillar into a nearby opponent, potentially dealing out some extra damage before they either swing in or heal themselves with Reform from Ice.

And you can expect these adorable aberrations to hit store shelves this winter!

In the meantime, download and enjoy some Geryon mobile wallpapers.

WALLPAPER 1 | WALLPAPER 2

But that’s not all we’re talking about this week.

M3E Alt Stat Cards are now available on WarGameVault!

That’s right! If you run a model or Crew that is an alternate version of a standard character and have been patiently waiting to get a hold of the Malifaux Third Edition stat cards, then the wait is finally over. You can now head over to WarGameVault to find Dr. Dufresne, the Crazy Cat Lady’s Crew, and much more.

In addition to the alt stat cards, you can also find all of the Strategies and Schemes cards there. You can find the full Strats and Schemes bundle here.

And if you’d prefer to print them out yourselves, you can find them here.

That’s it from us. Next week, we’ll be showing off some upcoming content for The Other Side!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just a few days ago I was talking to a friend about how I was wondering how the Geryon looked like (especially given what the Geryon is in Greek mythology).
I was not expected something so ... weirdly formed, but I like it!

EDIT : I wonder if they will be released with the Lyssa?

Edited by MajorUndead
to avoid 2 posts in a row

Looks like you added a ton of cards for old M1E metal models. I really appreciate this as it shows you still value customers that have older models and not just those with all the shiny new stuff. Though I didn't see any of the old metal witchling stalker cards but that is ok as I don't think they have any digital artwork. Still a couple old models that have yet to have their fate decided by cards (rest of dead justice and The wild ones) but I am ok to wait on those.

48 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

Speculation. Wyrd said that the models would be back in a thematic way.

Basis for conclusion:  The Wild Ones box set is the only nightmare edition box that doesn't have M3E cards yet.

Why would they wait if they're just an ALT Lucas McCabe crew?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Yew Arcane said:

Because the models they are alts for are going to be Explorer's Society models.

10 hours ago, Thedeadclaw said:

Yes, but in that case Rollins at least would have an alt card out already.

He means that Rollins will likely be an alt for a new Explorer's Society Master, not an alt for McCabe.  It could certainly work out that way, but we will see.

5 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

He means that Rollins will likely be an alt for a new Explorer's Society Master, not an alt for McCabe.  It could certainly work out that way, but we will see.

This is possible, but it would probably have to have a model that uses a similar 2 model mechanic that McCabe uses. I would be very surprised if Rollins Black isn't alt McCabe.  But if I were Wyrd I wouldn't rule out solutions to this box until the final solution is finished. So if everything else stayed the same alts, and the Ramones just became alts for "mounted wastrels" releasing cards for half the box doesn't really help the people complaining they couldn't field the box.

But that could fall through for various reasons, and they might just make the box an Alt set for Hoffman, using Dismounted Rollins as Hoff, Mounted Rollins as a Peacekeeper (or the emissary) and the Ramones as Hunters, Cherri as Melissa K.O.R.E and Iggy as the mechanical attendant. Releasing the cards now for plan A would rule out plan B.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:16 AM, Stonewall78 said:

Looks like you added a ton of cards for old M1E metal models. I really appreciate this as it shows you still value customers that have older models and not just those with all the shiny new stuff. Though I didn't see any of the old metal witchling stalker cards but that is ok as I don't think they have any digital artwork. Still a couple old models that have yet to have their fate decided by cards (rest of dead justice and The wild ones) but I am ok to wait on those.

I can't find these... I would really like cards for my original M1E Lady Justice, Perdita, Kaeris (although she was a Henchman back then) & Kirai to name a few, and I am sure there are others who would like the same.

There's art for the old metal alts (like the alt ramos or Marcus or Viks).  Obviously I'd love cards for all the metal models, cause I'd print them in a second (and have been buying up metals all summer).  That said, new art for them would be a big effort / cost, so while I'd love it, I'm happy they've gone as far as they have in creating cards for legacy models.

Wargames Vault is showing that a number of non-alt cards seem to have been added/updated recently. On the Ten Thunders side, for instance, the Ten Thunders Brothers, Tengu, Ama No Zako, and Amanjaku all show as having been added on 8/26 or 8/27. Can we get confirmation if these are updated cards due to printing errors (as with the High River Monks), or if there's nothing we need to worry about?

On 8/22/2019 at 9:24 AM, yool1981 said:

The Gueryon art is not my cup of tea but I will enjoy reading their fluff to see what mistake/experiment caused them to be so messed up :D

Even if the style doesn't appeal, you might appreciate the accuracy of Geryon's appearance according to Greek Myth.

From: https://www.greekmythology.com/Myths/Creatures/Geryon/geryon.html

He was often considered a monster with three heads and one body, while other sources describe him as having three bodies as well. 

You'll see the model takes advantage of both interpretations at the same time - a creature with both three heads and few extra limbs to give the vague hint of extra bodies. It evokes an image of parasitic twins - or triplets in this case!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gozer said:

Even if the style doesn't appeal, you might appreciate the accuracy of Geryon's appearance according to Greek Myth.

From: https://www.greekmythology.com/Myths/Creatures/Geryon/geryon.html

You'll see the model takes advantage of both interpretations at the same time - a creature with both three heads and few extra limbs to give the vague hint of extra bodies. It evokes an image of parasitic twins - or triplets in this case!

Makes me wonder if Hekatonchires are down the pipe at some point.

9 hours ago, OneLittleThunder said:

Wargames Vault is showing that a number of non-alt cards seem to have been added/updated recently. On the Ten Thunders side, for instance, the Ten Thunders Brothers, Tengu, Ama No Zako, and Amanjaku all show as having been added on 8/26 or 8/27. Can we get confirmation if these are updated cards due to printing errors (as with the High River Monks), or if there's nothing we need to worry about?

Kyle has said elsewhere that it was something to do with war games vault just marking the file as new, the actual file didn't change for them.

• Thanks 1