Kai

Third Edition is Coming!!

So.... I hesitate to ask this, since I don't want to sound negative....

But have you actually deleted Masters such as Lilith/Nico/Collodi from the game?...

"All your models will have stat cards available at release."

So are Nico, Lilith, Ramos, and Collodi going to become "Counts As Models"?

• Like 1

Well, that was a storm in an oil bottle and no mistake.

Now that this is official...that faction art is beautifully ornate and I’d like to transfer it to my card box, please (the current Guild logo is on there now but I never liked how that looked). May I?

• Agree 1

Gag order released.... we can blab about it all day now!

What happens to models that are masters now but won't be with release? I'm just about to buy into this game and want to make sure I don't pick a soon to be obsolete box set 🤣

5 minutes ago, Thedeadclaw said:

What happens to models that are masters now but won't be with release? I'm just about to buy into this game and want to make sure I don't pick a soon to be obsolete box set 🤣

All of the masters will have stat cards at release.

Even the dead and missing ones, per my post above. :)

Do you guys have an ETA for this?

Just so i know whether or not to pick up a couple of cool boxes for my faction, like Lynch for Neverborn etc?

• Agree 1

I must say i am extremely pleased to see that Nekima finally gets her spot as a leader. I've been waiting for this since 1st edition!  

As a side note, my wife wholeheartedly agrees that there was too many conditions to remember.

• Like 2

I absolutely love the faction illustrations—amazing job, and hats off to your art team!

Also, Rasputina's ice boots look dope, and I love her more action-oriented pose.

Can you elaborate a bit on how thematic crews will work? How much flexibility will there be for variations in list-building?

• Like 1

This is super exciting!

I love that you're cutting the fat and slimming things down to 11 conditions. That is plenty for tons of flavor and brings the focus on playing the game instead of memorizing a million cards! Also, I LOVE that burning goes up during the end phase. Very thematic.

It's really cool you can take two masters together. I can't wait to see how this works!

The new card layout looks AWESOME!

And it seems like you're advancing the story too! Nekima in, Lilith out! Malifaux marches forward! Love it, love it, can't wait to read that story!

Really, it all just sounds great all around. Once this is out I'll be playing Malifaux regularly again.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Lalochezia said:

Once this is out I'll be playing Malifaux regularly again.

You're not welcome here. I know what Factions you play. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

"All of M3E's updated stat cards and its rules will be available at launch for free."

What exactely that does mean? Are you referring to a digital, printable edition?

Woah Woah Woah....

I was all for these changes until i noticed one thing, that simply MUST be a mistake...

Lenny isn't a Master!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Personal tally:

8 masters spanning 3 factions, but 6/8 Guild, becomes

2 deGuilded into one faction I will not pursue and one I probably won’t, 1 removed. 1 promoted, 1 dual factioned into secondary faction I do own. 1 still around that I did not think would survive any sort of cull. 1 I don’t own but he’s in my faction now, no more of this ‘but Gnomezilla, you don’t want to pick up gremmies, do you’ nonsense! Infamy awaits! With a tiny teddy onboard!

• Haha 2

Just now, Mr Janje said:

Lenny isn't a Master!!!!

He's a master of my heart, though.

• Haha 4
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

Can you elaborate a bit on how thematic crews will work? How much flexibility will there be for variations in list-building?

Without going into too much detail just yet, hiring within a Master's keyword will be affordable and will provide options that reinforce that Master's central theme. If you want to go outside a Master's keyword, you'll be able to do so within your faction, albeit at a minor penalty.

All in all, we're reinforcing thematic crews while still allowing people to explore other options within their faction.

• Like 6