In July, we release our critical errata, which is aimed at fixing important issues that are warping the game. This time around, we only have two primary concerns which we are addressing, namely Sandeep and Nicodem.
For two years now, Sandeep has proven to be incredibly versatile, to the point where he has become something of a staple at tournaments. By itself that's not a problem, but Sandeep's effectiveness has pushed other Arcanist masters out of the spotlight, so we'll be reigning him in a bit.
- Cache reduced to 2. This new Cache is more reflective of Sandeep's power level.
- Beacon Ca penalty increased to -2. Sandeep's Beacon is a powerful tool, but his Crew was using it a bit too efficiently. This should apply a bit more pressure onto Sandeep's Crew when it comes to hitting the TNs of borrowed Actions.
- Removed Impossible to Wound. This loss will make Sandeep considerably more fragile and, thus, make positioning more important for Sandeep and his removal easier for his opponent.
Nicodem was strong when M2E first released, and he has only gained in strength since then. His ability to use Undead models more effectively than other Masters has made him an increasingly strong choice, to the point where he has started to crowd out other Resurrectionist Masters and warp the design process. To that end, we will be reigning his power level in, both on his base card and his most popular upgrade.
- Wounds reduced to 12. This should make Nicodem a bit more vulnerable to assassination attempts.
- Re-animator now summons Undead in at one Wound remaining, rather than half their Wounds. This will make his summoned models more vulnerable and apply pressure on Nicodem by forcing him to either summon more fragile models or to spend AP healing them with Decay.
- I Can Use That! now only affects non-Peon models, and it only functions when they are killed (not sacrificed). This should prevent the worst of Nicodem's abusive use of this Ability and bring it back in line with the Upgrade's cost.
- The Patchwork trigger now has reduced range and healing, which, when combined with Nicodem's Re-animator changes above, should prevent him from healing up his summoned models quite as easily.
Additionally, we are also issuing errata on Jakob Lynch's Burn Out Upgrade in order to correct a typo that rendered it less than useful.
- The Ability now references the Brilliance Characteristic instead of the Brilliance Condition.
PDF versions of the new cards are attached below, and they will be added to our website's errata page shortly. If you would like physical copies of the changed cards, they will also be available on DriveThruRPG very soon.