Nexus, one of many and Cavatica

Korrok

To keep with the hive mind theme, it could be really interesting if it's 3 separate models (as some seem to think they will be), granting them 3 activations, but sharing their actions during each activation. I'd also be curious if they have like an aura or something that allows a similar thing for nearby friendlies. Might mean they'd have to lose Parasite Tokens, though, which might not be great. I do hope they keep the hive upgrade, though.

1 minute ago, Xekros said:

To keep with the hive mind theme, it could be really interesting if it's 3 separate models (as some seem to think they will be), granting them 3 activations, but sharing their actions during each activation. I'd also be curious if they have like an aura or something that allows a similar thing for nearby friendlies. Might mean they'd have to lose Parasite Tokens, though, which might not be great. I do hope they keep the hive upgrade, though.

Maybe they will get a different hive upgrade? End up with two different ones and you can chose the old will of cadmus one or a different one. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Korrok said:

Maybe they will get a different hive upgrade? End up with two different ones and you can chose the old will of cadmus one or a different one. 

I honestly hope we don't see will or Cadmus on this one, I could see something like a unique upgrade for each or something

28 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

I honestly hope we don't see will or Cadmus on this one, I could see something like a unique upgrade for each or something

While I would like to see Will of Cadmus as an option, I have every doubt it will be. 15 actions and 5 bonus actions across 6 activations just by declaring a master seems like something Wyrd would like to avoid, especially with WoC being after everything. Having a separate upgrade for each model would be, while interesting, unlike anything they've done in 3e, and moving back towards things it seems they're trying to get away from from 2e.

19 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

If they were 3 separate unique models, it wouldn't say Nexus (3) like plentiful is determined; they would have their own unique names.

Yeah, they aren't three unique models, they are three models that share the same name.  What's interesting is they are listed as if they were Minions, unlike the Viks (the only other Master that shares a name with another model), who are listed on their box both as Viktoria Chambers, rather than both sculpts listed as Viktoria Chambers(2).  

It will be very interesting to see the One of Many card, that's for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Predictions of mechanics:

Nexus will stack Parasite tokens on friendly models in addition to enemy for some kind of bonus/requirement, but only Nexus2 (and maybe Cavatica) have abilities that can get Parasites onto Friendly models. Possibly instead, "Friendly Cadmus with parasite tokens can treat other Friendly Cadmus as Enemy models" - the reverse of WillOfCadmus1.

Each Nexus will be a bit squishy, but can be brought back by replacing an Eyes and Ears. Df5/Wp6 with Disguised

Eyes and Ears will be summoned when a model with a parasite token dies (within a range of a Nexus?)

New "Will of Cadmus" upgrade, but this time it can only be attached to Friendly Nexus models. It specifies that your leader is only considered removed from play if this upgrade is no longer on a model in play (i.e. you have to kill all of them). Will of Cadmus can be bounced back and forth between Nexuses (Her only bonus action?)

Nexus has an ability "If this model activates without a Will of Cadmus Upgrade, it gains Slow/Stunned" so that you have to plan bouncing WillOfCadmus between Nexus models to get full effect.

I have not the slightest clue what Nexus' actions will be, but I'm guessing less damage/mobility and more control of enemies. Nexus will no longer attack through Friendly Cadmus (Edit: OR she will, but only having a 4" range to match Legion) and will have only melee or short range (6" or less) attacks.

Or at least, that's how I would do it 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I like the new Nexus. She seems less brutal to pay against. Even with 3 ap 3 Master models and 37 wounds on the board before any hires. Lol

Seems like it could end up being ping damage hell with this version. Any model with a parasite you have in a simple duel for another parasite you could have end up using one to force them to lose and just gain another one back /ping em for damage and heal a friend. 

I think the ping and heal will be less painful than 2 irreducible damage. Stuff like Incorporeal and Shielded can block the damage at least. 

Parasite Tokens will work sort of like Injured 2 on models. Which will certainly be unpleasant, but seems less of a head ache than Parasitic Grasp + We Are Legion shenanigans and guaranteed last activation Obeys. 

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I think the ping and heal will be less painful than 2 irreducible damage. Stuff like Incorporeal and Shielded can block the damage at least. 

Parasite Tokens will work sort of like Injured 2 on models. Which will certainly be unpleasant, but seems less of a head ache than Parasitic Grasp + We Are Legion shenanigans and guaranteed last activation Obeys. 

Pretty sure the pings won't be reducable by Incorp. The damage is coming from an ability not an attack. The attacks just give the token. I just think this version is more capable of getting those tokens out consistently. 

• Thanks 1

I'm definitely a big fan. I think its a much more fun way to bring Cadmus to the table. Feels less brutal. We are legion isnt an incoporeal vengeance +. They have some really fun abilities that you get to technically do 3 times a turn with the multiple models. A lot tankier than they seem with forced reaction and burrowed into the spine. 

If they already have a parasite and they attack df, you can forced reaction to win the duel, and then give them another parasite token. Means that on opposed duels they basically have 7df/7wp if the opponent has a parasite token.

Also, somehow the Emissary is even better with Nexus3. Aura up means you forced reaction to win by 2....You heal. So...with forced reaction, you can pretty reliably get the aura to trigger.

Key to note that with drain life, if you kill them with the join us trigger, you don't get the E&E due to timing. You have to kill them with the next attack.

Another big thing is, yeah they're kinda squishy. But even if you lose two of them, you still have burrowed and forced reaction on the board. Very similar to Nexus1 who, even after its killed, you get will on another model to keep your important abilities around.

7 hours ago, Fluffaluffacus said:

You have to kill them with the next attack.

Not the next one necessarily. But before the end of the turn. Between that and Borrowed into the Spine brunt once per model per activation it encourages you to spread the love around.

7 hours ago, touchdown said:

We gotta call them N3xus right?

Lol 

Ummm... aren't these completely insane? It's a Master with 21 Wounds and 9 AP (though that degrades when the models get killed, naturally). And yeah, not all of their Actions are amazing for a Master but they can have three friendly Obeys for Charge at 12" needing a four and no suit! Why is that TN so ridiculously low? And then this abomination for some reason gets two monstrously powerful Totems to boot.

Why is Nexus like this?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Ummm... aren't these completely insane? It's a Master with 21 Wounds and 9 AP (though that degrades when the models get killed, naturally). And yeah, not all of their Actions are amazing for a Master but they can have three friendly Obeys for Charge at 12" needing a four and no suit! Why is that TN so ridiculously low? And then this abomination for some reason gets two monstrously powerful Totems to boot.

Why is Nexus like this?

You can obey a charge?? I just assumed you couldn't because every other similar ability doesn't allow a charge. That's so gross, why does Nexus of all crews get that special treatment?

And yeah, I think these models might be stronger than Old Nexus potentially...

I guess they thought "oh, people need a reason to play this over Nexus 1. Guess we better make it break the game just as badly if not worse than Nexus 2."

Early days of course, so grains of salt... But definitely worried about this model. Even just ES superfriends + 37 wounds/13 AP of models is pretty ridiculous...

• Agree 1