m3e faction announce

green-n-dumb

Well, i'll miss the ease and simplicity of just saying the "Green Guys" to everyone who doesn't know Malifaux since just saying Bayou is gonna make them all twist their heads at me. We didn't really have a line-up change, although Brewie is OURS now and Zipp is now shared, I don't mind that either way. I think the new playstyles for each master seem like a very positive change and will help each Master have their own spotlight. Hopefully Keywords in faction get more varied i.e: Smuggler gets the Swampfiend keyword, Mah gets her own, etc.

Lastly, I hope we can get all the Grem-yous to be more active and constructive in this closed beta! Most of our issues were internal, and should have/could have been caught early in the beta process for the first wave of M2E. Lets hope to a bright and (moon)shining future!

• Like 1

We really lucked out on the Master purge!

Giving each Master a more defined character with thematic list building and synergy is really exciting to me.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can get into the beta as I'm champing at the bit to play the new rules.

Count me in as a fan of the faction name change. 

1 hour ago, cfrag said:

I'm cautious about it. I'm afraid we'll lose a lot of identity if reckless and the funny/bad triggers disappear.

But there's no point in speculating. I'll just keep playing m2e until m3e comes out then we'll see

I agree, but are also positive that they'll retain some unique identity of the faction. Reckless is a hot-topic, and I fear they might focus specifically on that. Hopefully we will keep Bayou Two Card.

I'm guessing it'll still be a year or so before M3e lands, and there's playtesting and feedback to give before then, so let's get onto that beta-test crew and see what we can make of the new propositions. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for my favourite Faction, and I want to be involved in maintaining the Gremlin madness, against the tide of whinging "Reckless is SOOOOO OP" types (who I suspect are likely to make up a large portion of the playtesters...). Not that I'm saying Reckless necessarily needs to stay in - I just want to see the Bayou remain a place of unpredictable joy to those who run with it 🙂

• Agree 1

I’ll be signing up as soon as I’m back from holiday, hopefully will get in.

Im a little hopefully that my now redundant Tshirt for Gremlins (Just joking I love it really), can be replaced by a Bayou Tshirt with the subheading “Gremlins are not a faction” - seriously, I would pay a fair amount for that Tshirt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mason said:

I would absolutely encourage as many Gremlin players as possible to sign up for the M3E Beta. We can totally use your feedback in helping to ensure that the Bayou models on on par with the models in the other factions. :)

All my masters are ready and painted for It. Should I ensamble and paint my emmisary?? 😄😄 A lot of Hype with the new edition.

23 minutes ago, Boomstick said:

@Mason what if we signed up citing a different faction but we also play Gremlins (or other things)?

Fine with me!

You won't be restricted to playing just one faction. The question is more just for the sake of our own edification than to put people in tiny little faction-shaped boxes.

• Like 1

Well... it makes sense.

I hope lots of people get playtesting Gremlins, though. I don't know how true it was, but I remember a number of players thinking they were a bit underplayed before M2E.

On 7/26/2018 at 8:50 AM, cfrag said:

I'm cautious about it. I'm afraid we'll lose a lot of identity if reckless and the funny/bad triggers disappear.

But there's no point in speculating. I'll just keep playing m2e until m3e comes out then we'll see

I'd like to think there's lots of room to keep the personality without the all or nothing wackiness that made them so volatile. I think the Emissary was what really made it seem to me like they didn't have an identity beyond being random, missing a concrete theme that tied it into the faction.

At the moment I like 95% of everything i read about gremlins.
Dont like current Ophelia, Ulix, Mah and Somer(BORED) gameplay and hope they will evolve for something more interesting.

i'm a little bit worried about Zipp at outcasts (I have some roblems with buying ALL MODELS FOR MY MASTERS) and about mercenaries i have - i have like 5+ mercs like Aionus, Taelor, student of conflict, ronin, perfomer, ama no zako and bloodwretch (i think some people have like 10+ mercs) and hoping that theese massive amount of miniatures wont become useless one day.

And yes, outcast faction havent deserved our precious Capitain Zipp.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, green-n-dumb said:

Its worst solution you could come up with.
"Just pick bunch of unsuitable models and play with them".

If you've read my battle reports, you'll see that's what I do a surprisingly large amount. Sometimes it really works out. 

So in a situation where we don't know what any of those models do, or how hiring works, I'm comfortable enough to say they might work, and it's worth trying before giving up on the models. 

Edit- assuming I get on the beta testing I will build and play outcast zipp with as many of those as I can for at least 1 game and post a report on it. 

• Like 1