Misaki, Fractured

Da Git

1 hour ago, Rakthen said:

What would you all consider "core" with the new Misaki? I figure Ototo, either the sniper or archer, but thats about it. seems to leave a lot of room to build around the scheme pool.

All about how u wanna play . 

If play around obey u need good target like ototo or fufu mb archer.

If u play around steal models u need ninja and some solid mêlée bitter.

U can play trick around minako to garantee her app on enemy.

If u afraid of hard minion play jin.

Most of all i played around stealing model . Ototo + swordsman.

U obey target , then place it and shoot . Target fly like move +8" and got 2/4/6 + stagger. Then u eat it 

2 hours ago, Rakthen said:

What would you all consider "core" with the new Misaki? I figure Ototo, either the sniper or archer, but thats about it. seems to leave a lot of room to build around the scheme pool.

Ototo and Minako seem pretty core. Ototo for obvious reasons, and Minako can summon a Wanyudo or deal irresistible damage much easier when you can force an attack that you control on her. I'd consider Wokou and Crime Bosses close to core for the efficiency they add to making the enemy Interact with Obey, with Wokou favoring a mobile pool and KCB favoring brawls.

9 hours ago, Rakthen said:

Size: 50 - Pool: 19
Leader:
  Misaki Katanaka
Totem(s):
  Shang
Hires:
  Minako Rei
  Ototo
  Torakage
  Thunder Archer

If i should build a list wirhout knowing schemes/strat and enemie. I would take those 4 models. Then i probably add Fuhatsu and some upgrades. Or Effigy/Emisary.

Not sure if it's come up, but a great little tech pick is the Shadow Effigy. For a 7, Remember the Mission gives:

• potential 3" push (with a :mask)
  • an Interact (even if engaged) so generally a scheme marker
  • if targeting a Last Blossom, you get a shadow marker for generating an action out of activation

Do this to an Archer, who drops the Shadow Marker in front of him for guaranteed concealment for Shadow Pin if he triggers it

Combo that with a Wokou Raider who can then use that scheme marker to gain Fast.

Why do people especially like Minako? Is it still for the summon or something else?

What do people think of Jin? When would you run him?

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Da Git said:

Not sure if it's come up, but a great little tech pick is the Shadow Effigy. For a 7, Remember the Mission gives:

• if targeting a Last Blossom, you get a shadow marker for generating an action out of activation

Do this to an Archer, who drops the Shadow Marker in front of him for guaranteed concealment for Shadow Pin if he triggers it

Combo that with a Wokou Raider who can then use that scheme marker to gain Fast.

Why do people especially like Minako? Is it still for the summon or something else?

Minako summon its still nuts , katashiro great scheme runners. And very annoying midels for op.

In new misaki u can obey enemy model to atack minako and garantee gain karmic upp.

Minako deal irreducible dmg on model with up, so a lot of synergy. 

About jin he is very powerful cuz 1st free pass.

2 u can cycle him to unbury in minion and throw them into deployment.

His melee also great to push armored model , and his shooting help misaki for bury ototo or help her obey/shoot

hanging out buried generating a pass token and forcing some discards and until you want to pop out and teleport an enemy minion to it's deployment zone sounds generically good unless your opponent has any bury tech (so probably not usable against outcasts or guild since they'll be expecting bury tricks from misaki anyway, a little easy to play in es).

However, what exactly does "in concealment" mean? I thought models had concealment, or were in concealing terrain.

20 hours ago, Da Git said:

Jin seems best in scheme marker heavy pools vs a Master which summons or uses fast flanking Minions. Bopping a Summoned or Hired schemer back to Deployment and possibly ripping the scheme marker the Minion just dropped would be a 1-2 turn setback. Plenty to either completely prevent the reveal or delay it to T5 to stop the end VP.

34 minutes ago, touchdown said:

hanging out buried generating a pass token and forcing some discards and until you want to pop out and teleport an enemy minion to it's deployment zone sounds generically good unless your opponent has any bury tech (so probably not usable against outcasts or guild since they'll be expecting bury tricks from misaki anyway, a little easy to play in es).

However, what exactly does "in concealment" mean? I thought models had concealment, or were in concealing terrain.

"in concealment" is probably a typo of "in concealing terrain" or "has concealment". I would lean towards using "has concealment", it makes more sense to goof up "has" -> "in" than "concealing terrain" -> "concealment". Jin would lose some synergy with both keywords if Skulker was only concealing terrain as well.

22 minutes ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

"in concealment" is probably a typo of "in concealing terrain" or "has concealment". I would lean towards using "has concealment", it makes more sense to goof up "has" -> "in" than "concealing terrain" -> "concealment". Jin would lose some synergy with both keywords if Skulker was only concealing terrain as well.

In concealing terrain is way way way more powerful than has concealment. Standing on a shadow marker is in concealing terrain, but if it's has concealment for an ability, you will only have that from a few specific abilities and actions. I think sputtering exhaust would be the only source that works for a start phase ability.

You don't have concealment while in concealing terrain unless something is drawing sight lines

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 1:38 PM, JArrow said:

When do Misaki actually get shielded +1? Is dropped marker placed within her aura? If not what effects place shadow markers?

when a marked is Placed in 8'' (LOS or not, it's not an aura). For example a drop is a place effet. Or when an action moves a shadow marker with a Place effect, for example bonus action of Crime Boss.

• 5 months later...

So, I have been trying out the new Misaki for the last 4 games, and sort of feels like I could have done better with just the older version.

Admittedly I have been using almost the same old list, + Jin (underwhelming to say the least), but...I don't know, I am probably missing out on something.

It feels very flat and boring just to spam obey. On top of that, it is very card hungry. 

Am I doing something wrong?

On 4/8/2022 at 9:25 AM, Psycho_alchemist said:

So, I have been trying out the new Misaki for the last 4 games, and sort of feels like I could have done better with just the older version.

Admittedly I have been using almost the same old list, + Jin (underwhelming to say the least), but...I don't know, I am probably missing out on something.

It feels very flat and boring just to spam obey. On top of that, it is very card hungry. 

Am I doing something wrong?

I've come to the same conclusion! After a few games with her and some theorycrafting with a few friends we came to the conclusion that she is not that good. Especially compared to her original card! very card hungry as you said for all the obeys. Not enough Shadow Marker generations. She plays way more in a bubble than OG and in current GG it's not that great! 

Jin's bury shenanigans I've found are only impactful in corner deployment. He is a glass cannon that is good to kill armor and not that much else. His gun is one of the rare ways to create shadow marker but it deals pitiful dmg and have no triggers. Pass tokens are really nice and help you with activation control which is strong for sure but I still find he does not bring enough to the table.

Maybe me too I'm not seeing why there was so much hype on her or I'm playing her wrong. In the end I much prefer to play her original version and I'm also way better at it! ahah!

• Agree 1

I think that in last blossom Jin has more use with Misaki 1 because he makes sure that you get last activation with your favourite Lady of shadows regardless of initiative. Apart from that ability and Corner Deployment as mentioned i found him better playing defensively, having him sit on a shadow marker shooting intruders getting rid of scheme Markers.

I feel that Misaki fractured is nice to have as an obey Master, but nothing she does is better than what other obey masters do (in my opinion) I like the automatic Focus you can give your models but thats more useful on Ototo and Minako than anybody else. i think there is some play with shang and the tome trigger on twisting paths to teleport your models god knows where and wreak havoc - but then it feels like that too is Misaki1's domain, and it eats yet another 7 if you have to cheat. I have yet too try more lists, but as Misaki2 is more designed to be played in Keyword, its pretty obvious that the Keyword itself is very squishy. I like playing her in more non-competetive games so far.

Looking a little more at this master, a few questions come up:

• Corrupted Familiar: Friendly Shang Models are treated as Destructible Concealing Shadow Markers. Does this mean that Shang no longer is treated as a model, and that
    • Line of Sight can be drawn through him
    • He grants Concealment
    • Models can end their movement on top of him
  • Twisting Path: Target much have Concealment  vs. Wilting Tsubaki. 
    • I'd have to say it wouldn't make sense that a model can have Concealment for certain abilities and Wilting Tsubaki prevents her from actually using her abilities, but....
    • I want to confirm that the Concealment always comes from the perspective of the attacking model. That is, if a Shadow Marker is right in front of Misaki, then every model she is targeting effectively has Concealment. 

17 minutes ago, regleant said:

Sorry I missed a question on Jin. 

• Ambush: If this model is in Concealing Terrain... Is a Shadow Marker "terrain"? I think no.

Shadow markers are concealing terrain markers because concealing is a terrain trait, and things that have terrain traits are considered terrain.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, regleant said:

Corrupted Familiar: Friendly Shang Models are treated as Destructible Concealing Shadow Markers. Does this mean that Shang no longer is treated as a model, and that

• Line of Sight can be drawn through him
  • He grants Concealment
  • Models can end their movement on top of him

No, it doesn't mean that.  Just the Mindless Zombie's Walking Dead ability causes the Mindless Zombie to be counted as a Corpse Marker instead of being a model.  If you're having trouble getting your head around the idea, remember that the Mindless Zombie's Walking Dead ability says (emphasis added):  "When declaring or resolving friendly Actions or Abilities, this model may count as Corpse Marker.  If the Corpse Marker would be removed, this model is killed and does not Drop a Corpse Marker."  

The Mindless Zombie is the Corpse Marker and a model simultaneously.  So is Shang.

1 hour ago, regleant said:

Twisting Path: Target much have Concealment  vs. Wilting Tsubaki. 

• I'd have to say it wouldn't make sense that a model can have Concealment for certain abilities and Wilting Tsubaki prevents her from actually using her abilities, but....
  • I want to confirm that the Concealment always comes from the perspective of the attacking model. That is, if a Shadow Marker is right in front of Misaki, then every model she is targeting effectively has Concealment. 

Wilting Tsubaki says:

"This model's Actions ignore Concealment."  The rule for Concealment is:

Concealment

When a model with Concealment is targeted by a non-:meleeAttack Action, the Action’s duel gains a :-flip.

The effect of the sentence "This model's Action ignores Concealment" in its variations (the crew builder shows 19 cards with the words "ignores Concealment"...) is negating that specific sentence of the rules.  It doesn't change whether any particular model in the game actually has Concealment, in the same way that ignoring a terrain trait is actually ignoring specific effects of the terrain trait.

Conveniently located Concealing terrain is going to grant Concealment due to line of sight like it always does.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Doomikov said:

Out of curiosity, what lists are you all running with Misaki, Fractured?

I was playing:

Misaki fractured

Shang

Jin

2 x torakage

Katanaka crime boss

minako rei

Ototo

The list is not bad, but I realized playing vs Lucius or Zoraida what a master with Obey is supposed to do...and Misaki has no synergies with the rest of the army.

She just hopes a lot of shadow markers apear on the table to leverage a few abilities, but she is not contributing that much to the game apart from moving things around. Even for charging out of activation, I consider oyabun's command on Misaki1 more efficient (+1 threshold, but I can charge even if engaged)

17 hours ago, Doomikov said:

Out of curiosity, what lists are you all running with Misaki, Fractured?

the base of my lists were often this:

Misaki, fractured

Shang

Ototo

Minako

1 or 2 Torakage

the rest of the ss were used depending of what I needed. (samurai, Effigy with upgrade, Emissary, etc.) I also took Jin in 2-3 games to try him but wasn't impressed that much. The wrapped in Darkness combo with him and Misaki in corner is pretty cool but apart from this specific situation I didn't like him that much.

One cool thing about this title with Minako is that you can use Shang to create Katashiro without using your actual shadow markers. (edit: this does not work! since removing the marker is a cost you need to remove it to summon)

11 minutes ago, Cursed25 said:

One cool thing about this title with Minako is that you can use Shang to create Katashiro without using your actual shadow markers.

I'd say this doesn't work, as corrupted familiar says

'friendly shang models are treated as destructible concealing shadow markers, which cannot be removed by effects which remove markers'

and minako's summon says

restriction - remove a target scrap or friendly shadow marker.  If a shadow marker was removed this way, increase the action's stat by +2.

Since the cost is 'remove a scrap or friendly shadow marker' and shang prevents himself from being removed, I dont think it works out.  If it wasn't an italicized restriction, I'd say you could still use him as part of the summon via 'do as much as you can' rules, but with it being in italics, its different.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2