Lucius, Dishonorable

LightningJuice

Lucius as an assassin, Lucius crossed with Cadmus.

What are you expecting to see from Cavatica? We Are Legion maybe, but that won’t do anything in Lucius crews. 

Figured I’d start up a speculation thread :)

Assassin Lucius, when he kills an enemy model a Mimic or Elite model within X may take an action?  

There would be a lot of thematic overlap between that and Agend 46, which I don't think is a bad thing, but it would be interesting to also see some Staggered stuff (on kill, maybe?) to set up Alan and Investigators, and maybe something that causes fear due to being an unseen killer? Could also be interesting to use a similar concept to Misaki/Ivan's Shadow Marker teleport shenanigans.

Speaking of the 46 overlap I was curious if they’d give Lucius straight up Inhuman Physiology as an ability and not a 0 like Agent. But maybe that’s too much overlap? 

Leap would be amazing, suited pleaseeee lol, but it’s Guild so maybe that’s too much to ask. 

Maybe staggered doesn’t go away when in LoS of Lucius too, could be very nice to have. 

• Like 1

Leap of Faith: If this model would suffer Falling damage, it may take a melee attack. If the attack success, reduce the Falling damage this model would suffer to 0 and the target of attack suffers additional damage equal to the Falling damage reduced this way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angelshard said:

I really hope he gets something to keep staggered up easily and secret passage. Him stepping out of the shadows seems very in character. If his Attack is like his old cane attack with plus damage per scheme marker it could also be interesting. 

Yeah, leap or secret passage would be great.

I think he is gonna be a killing machine who combo with Agent 46, anyway wish he still have issue command or a new tactical to make friendly models take an action.

5 hours ago, belorey said:

Yeah, leap or secret passage would be great.

I think he is gonna be a killing machine who combo with Agent 46, anyway wish he still have issue command or a new tactical to make friendly models take an action.

I want a zoraida style obey with dubble obey trigger ❤️

8 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

I don't think we're getting obey luci again, or maybe a new type of obey, but certainly not double obeys again, that's uh... Hard to balance

Yes. You are probably right. That was simply wishful thinking. But then again I will enjoy a more assassination style of Lucius as well and I think that a wide variety of possible ways to play Lucius makes him better and more fun. 

11 hours ago, Jam Warrior said:

I miss his ability to teleport around the board by swapping places with minions, whilst simultaneously dropping a scheme marker as a bonus.  It was such an action efficient and flexible move.  Bring that back plz.

That's What Lackey's Are For...
I just hope his rules reward running a larger crew. I loved his ability to get value out of damaging friendly models, and win the game by making sure they died in the right places. He got an upgrade late in 2e that gave him the action Backstab - it was a meh attack that became really good if you arranged the board properly. I expect we'll get some variant on that idea.
Regardless, that model is gorgeous.

On another note - baseless speculation as to what Cavatica does? I'm kind of hoping for an AP passing hench - if Lucius2 is the master version of 46 then Cavatica could be the henchman version of Lucius1? That way the card draw in Elite still works. With that skull mask it sure looks like he could do some version of Lucius' 2e Commanding Presence...

可能是顯示的文字是「 MALIFAU THIRD EDITION M Spoiler Guide ?????? ? 」的圖像

Defective Dice is putting out their reveal tomorrow, and this is their hint posted on FB. This seems to me, based on the number of question mark, that they are revealing Nexus (single faction master with 3 sculpts). And since Lucius is pairing with Nexus, you may get to see new Lucius tmr.

10 minutes ago, Rufess said:

可能是顯示的文字是「 MALIFAU THIRD EDITION M Spoiler Guide ?????? ? 」的圖像

Defective Dice is putting out their reveal tomorrow, and this is their hint posted on FB. This seems to me, based on the number of question mark, that they are revealing Nexus (single faction master with 3 sculpts). And since Lucius is pairing with Nexus, you may get to see new Lucius tmr.

Nvmd. Got it.

But there are 6 white ?. Cadmus?

19 minutes ago, trikk said:

Nvmd. Got it.

But there are 6 white ?. Cadmus?

Oh, didn't think of those marks. There should be the master's name based on previous video. Though I cannot figure out how to make 6 characters with Nexus so maybe I guessed wrong.

Though Defective Dice stated that the image itself is the hint (not the random miniature at the background) so I believe the number of question marks does mean something.