Waldo's Weekly - The Evil Has Landed

mattc

• mattc changed the title to Waldo's Weekly - The Evil Has Landed

New rules are great. I love how you did the summary sheet with all the changes!

On another note those of us that have incomplete factions from M2E are likely like me and having a tough time filling in keyword holes. I have noticed the upcoming page on the website has changed removing a lot of the upcoming boxes. It makes it really tough for people to plan if they should get the new boxes with combined models or if they should hunt down M2E boxes so they don't end up with duplicates. If we could get a sort of list of combined boxes that would be great (even if it is just for models that aren't getting new sculpts).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, solkan said:

Best errata/FAQ thread title.  🤯

As primarily an Outcast player I have to completely agree with this statement.

I have to say that I really don't understand how & why Outcasts (especially Tara & Obliteration) have been hit big time with the errata & latest GG1, especially compared with other factions which didn't see as much play testing in beta (i.e. 10T & Bayou) & needed the attention IMO.

Sad to say that this is the first time in 5-6 years that I have been loving playing Faux, that I can say that I am very disappointed with what Wyrd has put out in this latest errata. For me M3e is still in its infancy & a scalpel rather than a sledgehammer was needed to sort out some of the clear broken issues.

Very surprised & disappointed customer here.

• Respectfully Disagree 3

29 minutes ago, Zeus said:

As primarily an Outcast player I have to completely agree with this statement.

I have to say that I really don't understand how & why Outcasts (especially Tara & Obliteration) have been hit big time with the errata & latest GG1, especially compared with other factions which didn't see as much play testing in beta (i.e. 10T & Bayou) & needed the attention IMO.

Sad to say that this is the first time in 5-6 years that I have been loving playing Faux, that I can say that I am very disappointed with what Wyrd has put out in this latest errata. For me M3e is still in its infancy & a scalpel rather than a sledgehammer was needed to sort out some of the clear broken issues.

Very surprised & disappointed customer here.

you're sad that your summoning Master doesn't auto-get 4 pass tokens each turn?

10T got gutted (no easy card draw with Kitty, Yasunori got hit with the nerf bat, and Minako has a harder time summoning). Bayou lost their Mah triple focus bomb, as well as Calculating the Possibilities more than once per turn (and not being able to grab jokers).

Not to mention the other "always complained about" models getting hit (Agent 46, Soulstone Miners, Steam Arachnid Swarms, Stitched Together, Rusty Alyce, Archie and Shenlong). Yes, there were a lot of changes, but it should lead to a healthier game, and more choices and less auto-includes.

My only complaint is that they didn't try and bring some of the less-played models to the table more. But they started, and that's a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Agree 14

The changes to Aionus completely wrecks a balanced & fun to play keyword. Personally I don’t give toss about the pass token trigger not being built in (although it makes the buffering ability even more useless now) but a target number  of 7 on top all the stutter time Tns is completely impractical in this keyword especially on a 10 stone model that does little else. But if you haven’t played a tara crew before you won’t understand how card intensive she was already. With these changes to Aionus there’s little point in summoning or burying your models as the chance your ever get them back out from the void is greatly diminished...trust me I’ve played a lot of Tara & these changes along with some of GG1 strats will make her non-competitive for tournament play which is disappointing.

Re ur point of improving some less played models I can agree...point in case winged plague unchanged & still garbage.

• Respectfully Disagree 2

2 hours ago, farmoar said:

My only complaint is that they didn't try and bring some of the less-played models to the table more. But they started, and that's a good thing.

If Wyrd is still following their old way of errata in M2E, this time is a urgent patch to fix some broken or NPE models only. There would be another errata around July to tune up under-power models, in M3E-era I believe it would be keyword-wise.

59 minutes ago, Rufess said:

If Wyrd is still following their old way of errata in M2E, this time is a urgent patch to fix some broken or NPE models only. There would be another errata around July to tune up under-power models, in M3E-era I believe it would be keyword-wise.

Hmm. Might wait til then to place another order at Wargames Vault, then. It's floppy paper, or liberal use of amendments from my label marker, until then. I'm not being gouged on their shipping to Australia another two times this year.

My main concern is that, apart from the Guard Keyword, which gets a clear buff with the changes to The Dispatcher, the other Guild Keywords are mainly negatively affected (Nefarious Pact on the Enslaved Nephilim is nice though, but the changes to the Frontiersman are very minor -a small heal within 3" instead of Shielded on the active model, and a positive flip on their reaction shot with Deputy) with the nerf to the Rider (which was completely deserved, of course.  I'm not sure if the nerfs to the other factions are enough to improve Guild's viability on the whole as their underlying efficiency issues haven't really been addressed.

Time will tell, of course.

Text of Gamble Your Life changed to: “Enemy only. If this Action fails, this model suffers the effects as though the defending model was taking this Action targeting this model.
Target suffers 3/4/5 damage.”

In the mentioned case of failure, how do we calculate accuracy modifiers? What if the defender's final  duel total is still too low to hit? Can the defending model benefit from the Bloody Fate trigger? 

What happens if the action is failed due to Terrifying?