Anyone Found Beta-to-Release Changes?

Kharnage

Posted on facebook but forgot about on here 😛Changelog for Foundry: Pneumatic Toss' range increase trigger renamed to Give It All You've Got, Survivor's Reverse Pull-arity trigger now moves the target 6" if targeting a scrap, and Sparks' Bombs in Yer Belly upgrade's Unstable Explosives specifies he controls the last blast placed if there are several

4 minutes ago, ebolazaire said:

Not sure if this is what you mean, but there is a mention in the rule book that change in elevation due to going up a slope does not take movement.

Let me see if I can find the reference

yeah I just found it in the examples of certain Terrain pieces like "Hill" and "Staircase"

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Cheros said:

Soulstone preventing is now reducing, not preventing anymore. This makes some masters ridiculous easy to kill and some beater ridiculous OP. 

Thanks wyrd... 

So try it then and play some games - in my experience most masters got harder to kill :)

There`s way more changes in this edition than just that, damage tracks and threat ranges mostly went down, and imo Soulstones got better - play the game a bit before stating what`s OP and what`s dead in one activation ^^

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Cheros said:

Soulstone preventing is now reducing, not preventing anymore. This makes some masters ridiculous easy to kill and some beater ridiculous OP. 

Thanks wyrd... 

I have found using a SS to make the damage flip a :-flipto be more effective than reducing in a lot of cases. Especially with the prevalence of focus making damage flips on a straight. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Da Git said:

I have found using a SS to make the damage flip a :-flipto be more effective than reducing in a lot of cases. Especially with the prevalence of focus making damage flips on a straight. 

What @Da Git said.

Especially given the tendency of some models to have spiking or escalating damage tracks (1/3/4, 2/4/6, etc). A stone IIRC prevents ~1.8 damage. Often a :-flipflip to damage will drop it more than that, and if they can't cheat in a S/RJ because the total is a :-flip, even better. Sure, you're going to hate it if the last card flipped (that wouldn't be if you didn't stone for the :-flip is a Red Joker), but Bad Things Happen, and there's a chance it'll be the Black.

If you're going down to minimum damages, that's a different issue, but outside of Dreamer and the Viks, most Masters should be able to take an activation of this. If you can't protect/heal/remove the Master at that point, assuming you already haven't avoided or otherwise dealt with models with irreducable damage, maybe you're overcommitting your master.

As @Tris said, most Masters are harder to kill now. Because damage profiles have dropped almost completely across the board. Figure out what the threats are, and keep them off your Master if they're gonna kill them.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tris said:

So try it then and play some games - in my experience most masters got harder to kill :)

There`s way more changes in this edition than just that, damage tracks and threat ranges mostly went down, and imo Soulstones got better - play the game a bit before stating what`s OP and what`s dead in one activation ^^

I think threat ranges went up but got flattened in most cases. You can easily engage a lot of ranged models 10".

On 6/29/2019 at 6:44 AM, Cheros said:

Thanks wyrd... 

does that make a difference?

I must be missing something since in my head that's exactly the same since it"s specified that you can reduce to 0 with ss

5 minutes ago, Aegnor said:

I must be missing something since in my head that's exactly the same since it"s specified that you can reduce to 0 with ss

There were models in 2e, and are in 3e, that do "irreducable" damage.

Back in 2e you could still prevent that damage with a soulstone. In 3e you're pretty much taking what they're giving.

tldr: prevention != reduction.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aegnor said:

Last edition damage prevention and soulstone reduction were 2 different things. This mean irreducible damage could still be prevented by soulstone use. Now that it is another form of reduction it has increased the danger to masters of models that do irreducible damage.

But since models were designed and tested with this rule as it is, I don't think its as big an issue as cheros thinks it is.

5 hours ago, Adran said:

Last edition damage prevention and soulstone reduction were 2 different things. This mean irreducible damage could still be prevented by soulstone use. Now that it is another form of reduction it has increased the danger to masters of models that do irreducible damage.

Don't forget the head ache that it caused in M2E when a model's ability or action caused itself to suffer damage that it was going to do something in response to, and the player then proceeded to declare the use of a soulstone to prevent that damage.  🤕

On 7/2/2019 at 11:02 AM, solkan said:

Don't forget the head ache that it caused in M2E when a model's ability or action caused itself to suffer damage that it was going to do something in response to, and the player then proceeded to declare the use of a soulstone to prevent that damage.  🤕

That issue was more to do with the wording of some specific abilities rather than ss users being able to prevent the damage.