Anyone Found Beta-to-Release Changes?

Kharnage

23 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Zoraida cost 15 at the last beta update. That isn’t a change.

Sorry, I missed that. I had thought she was almost too good for a 16 cost as a secondary master which is why her being 15SS was a surprise to me.

I'm trying to get to work on finding changes in the main rulebook.

So far what I've noticed:

1. The "After Step 5" step for Actions now has a name and number, it's the "After Resolving" step.
  2. The steps in Detailed Timing (page 35) match the Actions and Duels subdivisions.
  3. "Actions Generated by Effects" got moved to the "Timing" page.
  4. "This Model" got moved to page 9.
  5. Example on page 11 is now Basse vs. Pandora.
  6. There were some reorganization of the Moving rules on page 14, and a sentence was added:  "At no point can a model end any move with its base overlapping the base of another model, even if the model is able to move through the other model."
  7. The "Incorporeal Climbing during a Walk" paragraph was removed from page 14.
  8.  The columns on page 15 swapped.
  9. The "Bonus Actions" callout moved back a page to page 22.
  10. The General Actions got reordered on page 22
    1. Assist got changed to "Target other friendly model within 2" and LoS ..."
  11. The "Pay any Costs" step on page 23 has some changes in wording to deal with costs that reference the action's target.
  12. Targeting added a paragraph explaining how "choose an object" works.
  13. Two paragraphs of Replace switched places on page 32, but the Replace rules don't appear to have changed.
  14. Minor edit of the Summon rules (deleted the sentence "Summoned models are models added into a Crew from a game effect. ")
  15. Various additions to the Buried rules:
    1. Second paragraph rewritten to "Buried models cannot be the target of any Actions or Abilities that do not specifically target Buried models. These Actions ignore all game effects relating to the position of the Buried model, such as range, LoS, [Aura] ,[pulse], moving the Buried model, etc."  🎉
    2. The sentence "While Buried models still Activate, they cannot take Actions." moved to the first paragraph.
  16. Climbable terrain trait changed so that the sides are treated as impassible.
  17. Walkway example "fixed" to be Blocking and Climbable.

That's all I can pick out scanning for changes in the text shape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Black Blood Shaman now Minion(2).  The rest of the Nephilim Rare numbers appear unchanged.

It looks like some of the name adjustments for named individuals went back to their M2E names.  For instance, Taelor dropped her last name and Von Schill dropped his first name again.

10 minutes ago, Ming said:

What's exactly changed in Yan Lo?

Beta - "Replace the target with the model named in the title of the the chosen Upgrade, then the new model Heals 5. Draw two cards."

Official "Replace the target with the model named in the title of the the chosen Upgrade, then the new model Heals 5 and draws two cards."

The Beta version allowed the drawing of two cards regardless of if the previous effects (replace etc) happened. Now, you're required to do the previous effect or you don't get the card draw.

3 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Beta - "Replace the target with the model named in the title of the the chosen Upgrade, then the new model Heals 5. Draw two cards."

Official "Replace the target with the model named in the title of the the chosen Upgrade, then the new model Heals 5 and draw two cards."

The Beta version allowed the drawing of two cards regardless of if the previous effects (replace etc) happened. Now, you're required to do the previous effect or you don't get the card draw.

I'm not sure that the rules support there being a meaningful difference between those two sentences.  

How are you getting attached reliquary upgrades on models with the original still being in play, anyway?

1 minute ago, solkan said:

I'm not sure that the rules support there being a meaningful difference between those two sentences.  

Sorry, I missed an "s". It's "draws two cards", not "draw two cards". I blame them being images, and me having to type (and suck at typing).

As it's the new model that does the drawing, you can't do it if the model isn't replaced.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, solkan said:

How are you getting attached reliquary upgrades on models with the original still being in play, anyway?

Chiaki has a trigger on her Spirit Flute action which says "Choose a model within range. The chosen model may Attach the Reliquary (X) Upgrade, where X is the name of any other model within range."

• Like 2

Just now, Morgan Vening said:

Sorry, I missed an "s". It's "draws two cards", not "draw two cards". I blame them being images, and me having to type (and suck at typing).

As it's the new model that does the drawing, you can't do it if the model isn't replaced.

Oh, okay.  I'll buy that.

2 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

Chiaki has a trigger on her Spirit Flute action which says "Choose a model within range. The chosen model may Attach the Reliquary (X) Upgrade, where X is the name of any other model within range."

Ah, right.  I forgot about that one.  

51 minutes ago, katadder said:

misaki and inhuman reflexes lost diving charge and had it replaced with mobile warrior (can still charge in ocmbat but dont ignore terrain and models)

Misaki never had Diving Charge :( she forgot how to jump over people a while ago 

• Agree 2