GREMLINS - ALT MODEL

Nathan Caroland

Hmm. For all the model spamming gremmies can do, they're actually pretty well served with enough unique sculpts to be less confusing about it than most other spammed models. Bayou gremlins would be a good choice if they didn't also have metals, but they do...Am I missing any gremmies with more presence on the field than unique sculpts?

There are some fun things you could do with McTavish. I like the idea of a tiger wrangler, or a reverse McTavish where the croc is the one in charge (possibly eating McTavish?). Although I am a big fan of his current model.

War Pig would also be cool, you could bring back Peaches.

• Like 4

Alt. Pigapult - a mekked-up version, built like a rail gun with a huge barrel courtesy of Sparks' Custom Artillery Workshop. Made up from rusting metal plates, oversize rivets, and so many pieces of Bayou scrap that Gracie would linger to look at admiringly.

It could have an auto-loading system at the base - maybe a crane for hauling up the Piglets - and a couple of wicked looking knives for "shaping" the ammunition, because hey - each Bacon Loaded Piglet = 3+ shots, right? :D Could also have old 'shine casks lying around to be used as SABOT husks for Launchin' Ht1 fools.

And the propellant could be cans o' Swamp Gas (TM). Actually, this is already turning into a complete diorama...

• Like 1

Alt. Sow - a three-headed giant Gator!!!

Or, how about a giant, mutant SKEETER?!? With either three heads, or three thoraxes. Because with three thoraxes, that equals three sets of Skeeter legs - and we Gremlinistas need to knock Yan Lo's beard from its throne of Model Most Hellish to Assemble. Imagine hearing cries instead of "By the Alt Sow's eighteen jointed legs!"

Also, a giant Skeeter would be bloated and too heavy to fly, but with eighteen legs it could easily hit that 9" charge. I'm just ... I have to admit - I have no idea what a septi-segmented giant mosquito would look like (nor why it would Farrow out little Piglets...?), but I'm sure the warped minds at Wyrd can come up with something suitably Terrifying (All) 12 :D. Perhaps even including some separate little 30mm-based Cronenbergian skeeter larvae thingies as Alt Piglets to be used for the Farrowing Ability & the Birth Action??

• Like 1

Hillbilly mutant cannibals like from the Hills have eyes as alternate bayou gremlins. Although I'd love to just see that as it's own thing in gremlins .A male version of Trixibelle that's basically a gremlin Burt Reynolds as Gator Mclusky, because Burt + Burt equals amazing. Or an Animal Farm Ulix box.  

• Like 1

Well....continuing the theme of rabbits (from the War Rabbit); how about some Bunnies (alt Piglets).

But for something a little more ubiquitous that would see table time across multiple masters I like the Slop Haulers, Burt and Taxidermists.

Slop Haulers, love the idea already posted about a slop sprayer

What if Burt and Gracie switched places? So the pig was a boar and the gremlin was a female? Same general theme to the models but just do a sex change?

Taxidermists: Edit: After finally looking at Broken Promises, give us the Taxidermist from the Flying Piglet fluff! Think the name was Nadia? Give her a few bird wings and maybe a sewing kit?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Hmm. For all the model spamming gremmies can do, they're actually pretty well served with enough unique sculpts to be less confusing about it than most other spammed models. Bayou gremlins would be a good choice if they didn't also have metals, but they do...Am I missing any gremmies with more presence on the field than unique sculpts?

There's already an Alt Bayou Gremlin tho, and as far as I can tell, the Alts aren't so much about which models need more differentiated sculpts - it seems to be quite a random selection process. Or rather, just whatever cool idea Wyrd have for a different take on an existing model, they fit it in somewhere.

The cases in point that i have in mind:

Alt. Guild Sergeant. Not a high-use model, there are already two old metals that could be used, and two existing plastics. But I love the Alt model, as she's one bad-ass looking Guild thug :D

Alt. Bishop. There's already a metal and a plastic. I'm not aware that anyone hated the existing plastic (unlike with Lazarus, who gets a lot of stick, and is being refurbished).

Alt. Bayou Gator. It's bigger than the regular ones, which is awesome, but is anyone using 4 Gators often? I don't think they see a lot of it as it is, right?

Etc. Some Alts are just tweaks on existing models, or different poses of the same thing (Bayou Gator, Bayou Gremlin, Kaeris, Bishop, Katanaka Sniper, etc), while some are wholly new models, either by being reimagined, or by receiving a gender swap (Dr Dufresne, War Wabbit, Tortoise & Hare, Dr Alexei Sokolov, etc), and need to have "Counts As" on their cards. 

So actually, are we talking "Counts As" models here, or just alternative poses of existing models, or any and all of the above?

13 hours ago, PolishSausage said:

If looking at something unique from starter sets, I would say either Trixie or Mancha would be highly sought after.

I would personally love to see Alt Brew master because of all the new interesting models he is getting, and the current master sculpt is quite generic.

Is this sarcasm? He's getting what? Tanukis? And that's it? I don't get it?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, EnternalVoid said:

I am surprise no one has actually said it... I want Roscoe from Zipp's crew, the one that wanted a flying Pig rather than a skeeter

YES! This!!!! Completely forgot about that line!

An Iron Porker. It's gotta have really comical proportions with the Gremlin barely able to hang onto the the metal pig its riding.