ARCANISTS - ALT MODEL

Nathan Caroland

I think an Alt Miranda would be a good one. Widely used model that you can only get in a master box (granted, that comes with things she can transform into, but still.) Actually, a nightmare Marcus box could be really cool, but we already got colette, so don't expect that.

With the new Raspy upgrade, an alt Ice Golem could be cool too, since they aren't rare.

Also, though she's not arcanist, she is academic, so I'd like to see an alt Freikorps Librarian that you don't have to buy a full box for. I think that's generally the best way to go with things, models that are widely used but can only currently be gotten in master boxes.

• Like 4

Essence of Power as a sinister Tome of Forbidden knowledge, possibly with an equally sinister robed keeper but preferably levitating under its own magic. Something akin to the 'Book of Evil' spell from the King's Bounty games. 

It would also be nice to see a more mystical version of one of the beasts, in particular the Cerberus or Hoarcat pride. They're nice enough models, but they feel lacking a certain arcane aspect to them for a faction of spellcasters. 

• Like 1

Alt cerberus would be useful, speaking as an Arcanist opponent who's actually rather glad the Arcanist is proxying the second one for now, so I can tell them apart.

My opponents would prefer if my spider horde didn't look so homogenous, but tough, standardization is Ramos' mark of quality. And the rest of his box has already been alt-sculpted. :P

• Like 1

Myranda is both an unpopular sculpt, and ubiquitously fielded in Arcanist crews. She is also only available in Marcus's Crew Box, so an alternative sculpt will solve the issue of both the unpopularity of her pose and the cost of acquiring her for non-Marcus players. Note that there will now also be a demand for the Myranda model amongst McMourning players.

Personally, I would love to see an alt-Wendigo. That particular model is my least favourite in the Faction, an opinion that I seem to share with the majority of players. Everyone I know who has a Wendigo has sought a way to re-pose it so that it isn't permanently attached to that Guild Guard.

Arcanist lists containing two Sabertooth Cerberus (Cerberi?) are not uncommon. It would be nice if there were two different models available.

Alternatively, I quite like the idea of a female alt-Captain called Miss Chief, or something similar. He is a lesser-used model compared to Myranda and the Cerberus though.

As far as Masters go, I agree that it would be nice to see Ironsides in a more impressive pose.

• Like 3

Alternates of the beast models would be good to be able to field multiple versions, Id vote for an alternate slate ridge mauler as a circus bear, could be called Boris to go with its upgrade and some more models to fit in with the Dark Carnival. Also a Dark Carnival Angelica or Oiran would be good to.

• Like 2

From a use perspective and availability...

• an alt Sabertooth Cerberus
  • an alt Ice Golem

Both models which only appear in crew boxes and may have multiple units fielded (the tri-cat is plain good and the Ice Golem can be summoned).

From a henchman that has uses with a master not their "own" so would be nice to be accessible without the crew box, Arcanists have many, so in a rough order (for mine)

• Myranda
  • Cassandra (maybe equal top with Myranda)
  • Joss, although there is a alt model for him but it is difficult to get
  • The Captain, expensive seen less frequently

Note the Firestarter has an alt-sculpt which while not super accessible has been sold online and I've seen in secondary market and trade forum.

For a model's I'd love to see done alt-version aesthetically

• The Wendigo, really unlikely as it is a master specific totem and really has narrow appeal and is a small model, but I dislike the current sculpt
  • Myranda, she appears on two lists so would really like to see her done, dislike the current sculpt
  • Ironsides, she is simply meh and does not inspire me as a master with gravitas on current sculpt

Overall I really like or am at least satisfied with the vast majority of the Arcanist range.  Not many models I'd say demand a rescuplt.  So it would more be about adding player convenience (by giving us an alt sculpt of a model which is otherwise only in a full crew box we [a] might not want or might only want to get the one when the model is likely to be fielded in duplicates in some games) or making the slightly sub-par sculpts stellar (which my personal ones are identified above).   

Actually, I'd agree that Angelica would be the top of my list of most probable models.  I've always been very meh on the model, took me ages to work up the desire to get her past half painted.  So I'd say, in order of interest:

1) Wendigo

2) Angelica

3) Ironsides

4) The Captain

5) Ramos

Although the Dark Carnival alt exists, I think an alternate-sculpt of Performers would be great for tournament prizes (if that is a consideration) as they are Mercenaries that have synergies across a few different factions.

Another Totem alt-sculpt that would probably be welcome is the Brass Arachnid, for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, Jinn said:

Although the Dark Carnival alt exists, I think an alternate-sculpt of Performers would be great for tournament prizes (if that is a consideration) as they are Mercenaries that have synergies across a few different factions.

You mean yet another alt performer?

http://gmortschaotica.blogspot.fi/2015/01/unboxing-malifaux-m2e-performer-limited.html

• Like 2

1. Rasputina, the pose of her just standing there holding her collar yuck! it's just SO dull and uninteresting.  I'd be fine it they just wanted to release the old metal ones in plastic

2.Ramos would be cool as long I could get him separately from the rest of his crew since I already own him.

3.I like the Myranda idea since I don't own her it would be a nice way to pick her up with out getting the full Marcus crew

On a side note any chance of changing Miss Step? I when I finely got her I was pretty disappointed, not much of an action pose and she is maybe half the size of Howard if I'm being generous with sizing her.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, frostwolf428 said:

1. Rasputina, the pose of her just standing there holding her collar yuck! it's just SO dull and uninteresting.  I'd be fine it they just wanted to release the old metal ones in plastic

2.Ramos would be cool as long I could get him separately from the rest of his crew since I already own him.

3.I like the Myranda idea since I don't own her it would be a nice way to pick her up with out getting the full Marcus crew

On a side note any chance of changing Miss Step? I when I finely got her I was pretty disappointed, not much of an action pose and she is maybe half the size of Howard if I'm being generous with sizing her.

Alt Rasputina is available in the Guilder Store :)

I would like to have an alt Howard (I know, we have Miss Step, but I really dislike her), as the model right now is just lackluster compared to models like the Emissaries and Yasunori and does not really transport the raw power he represents.