Errata 2022 - Neverborn

50 SS Enforcer

I guess it may be possible that cavaticas „called out“ may be nerfed to: 

take a non ️ Action. Or to non Master only. Havent tried to exploit it but this Action can do A Bit of nasty stuff:

-allowing Lucius 1 to use hidden sniper

- klaus can use his ️Action again 

- Lure the target with Doppelgänger or Lucius 2 into Engagement and kill it next activation. In case of Lucius 2 „down the wrong path“ it is quite possible That Lucius moves the Target into cavaticas Engagement Range so je can Hit it and draw a Card as well  

- use the melee of Lucius or agent 46 

i played cavatica yesterday for the First time and i like him 

2 hours ago, fire5tone said:

They are highly unlikely to change a burns model, and tbh that still doesn't sound that bad

Yea, It’s not that different from an Obey on a friendly model when you look at it, yet the opponent gets to resist it. And You’re very limited in terms of actions to take and the viable models to use, and you need to discard a card - compare that to a Lawyer obeying an Inhuman Mature to charge for 4+ damage.

-

What really needs to get touched is THE CARVER the poor guy is the laughing stock of both Nightmares and Woe (just slightly above Lyssa). The poor guy needs something cool or some speed, or, or… just a reason to field him.

And let’s just dump IGGY and feed him to the Arcanists. He is the only reason Misery got panic-nerfed before release and got the once per activation clause. They nerfed the entire Woe keyword because it made Kaeris too good, while we got stuck with all the bookkeeping for the sake of something we couldn’t even exploit.

And give DREAMER something in return for the toys they stole - I mean, they literally took plushy toys from a kid, who does that? Let the poor boy have his Lucid Dreaming back at least. I mean, Kirai and the Oni girl, even Dashel does something cool, while Dreamer has to make do with summoning a few measly tar pits that doesn’t really stand out against the likes of an Executioner or a Jorugomo.

And while we’re at the nightmares, everyones favourite squid face COPELLIUS needs some love. I mean, he’s been loyal to dream boy since forever, give him Henchman status, give him a good bonus action, give him something so I won’t always put him back on the shelf.

Which brings me to CANDY, she might just be the cutest auto-include in all of neverborn. I don’t see a single crew or game where she wouldn’t make ‘little girl of the match’. She doesn’t need a nerf, but maybe tax her an extra stone for hanging out in other crews - I’d still consider her over Squidface and Carver.

And then there’s BABY KADE, he and Teddy are just a two-part model, theme-wise and gameplaywise. Dump the clunky versatile-thing on I Got My Teddy, and just give him a straight one-stone discount.

And take a look at those UPGRADES and give us something worthwhile, so I’d at least consider looking at them. They don’t need to be Ressur-level good, but Arcanist-level would be nice.

Oh and give TWOCIUS a new model. Lucy is the Queen of style and fashion, he deserves better than being an Assassin’s Creed knock-off. Making a RuPaul homage would be more fitting - and go hand in hand with the rules as Ru really knows how to make an entrance. I’m sure the Widow Weaver would love to spin him a ball gown.

But other than that I’m good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

And take a look at those UPGRADES and give us something worthwhile, so I’d at least consider looking at them. They don’t need to be Ressur-level good, but Arcanist-level would be nice.

What? We have one of the top 5 upgrade in the game (Ancient Pact).  Reflex nerf was fine after all, scamper is no BFJ but still useful. Magic is situational but I'm fine with having one counter pick upgrade. It could be tweak to help our squeeshy minion a little bit. I would like to se counterspell replace by Arcane Shield +2 or an other defensive tech.

Beside that I think NB is in a good spot. I would really like to see a reworked of all the half-blood versatile... having so many versatile being useless in competitive play feel bad. 

Some low cost minion could get some love : especially butlunging and hounds. 

Of all the NB models that exist for more than a year, I think only Candy and BBS could be seen as nerf target. Imo they are still fine, but I must admit that Candy aura can feel oppressive.

• Agree 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Very sad rotting on a shelf and could REALLY use some love:
Corrupted Hounds, Bultungin, Bloodwretch, Razorspine Rattler, Maurice, Tuco, Angel Eyes, THE CARVER

Maybe ok-ish but could probably get a little love:
Lyssa, Lelu, Lilitu, Coppelius, Killjoy, Iggy

Models I hope don't need nerfs:
Black Blood Shaman (Blasphemous ritual could be changed to living only or remove friendly!! or require card discard!), Candy (making her an enforcer maybe?)

@Regelridderen I'd love misery to lose once per activation! - partly becuase it just removes something else to track and process but then a lot of people seem to already hate facing Pandora?

And obviously they should resurrect a balanced Collodi 😂

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, diki said:

Regelridderen I'd love misery to lose once per activation! - partly becuase it just removes something else to track and process but then a lot of people seem to already hate facing Pandora?

I don't see how it can be difficult to track wich model use misery in a single activation!  

Removing once per activation would make opening the box (and other mass condition gain) ridiculous. One of Dora power move is ti open the box when opponent models are surrounded by Woe (getting a misery ping for each failed duel). Now she could do it all by herself...

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, SEV said:

I don't see how it can be difficult to track wich model use misery in a single activation!  

Removing once per activation would make opening the box (and other mass condition gain) ridiculous. One of Dora power move is ti open the box when opponent models are surrounded by Woe (getting a misery ping for each failed duel). Now she could do it all by herself...

It’s annoying because it feels clunky. And it feels clunky, because it was a last-minute-before-printing change, made because they just realized that Iggy had the potential for giving infinite Burning. So rather than fixing the troublesome model, they chose to nerf an entire keyword. Something like the Box Opens is balanced around being a bonus action and only done once per turn - and that you can’t gain Stunned once you have it. I’d much rather see a ‘Dora in synergy with her keyword handing out Stunned, rather than the Self Loathing-slinger she is now. 

And it’s not as if the Woe are bad, I’d just love to see them more streamlined. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've only played Swampfiends and Savage in Neverborn so I can only really give feedback on those keywords.

I know they are bayou models, but I find it very hard to pick Zoraida and not include The First Mate and/or Silurids. They are so versatile and blow so many other units out of the water. Mobile, reasonably hard hitting and with stealth, they can be really hard to stop doing whatever they want. 

On the actual Neverborn side of Swampfiends, Will O' The Wisps feel a little weak, they die to a stiff breeze. I get that they aren't meant to be combat pieces and can stack conditions on a voodoo doll, but it's hard to see them getting a lure off without getting blown up.

Juju could maybe go up to 4 defence. It might be the case that he is more of a tech piece against WP attacking keywords, but 3 def is miserable. I really like his model and he is a great Obey target but sometimes, he feels like a liability. You can put a lot of resources into saving him and he can still bite it.

However, I think Swampfiends are pretty strong so they don't really need much help. Maybe Zoraida herself could do with a bit of toning down? I'm not sure where I'd hit her, Obeying is kind of her schtick and would change her a lot to nerf it.

As for Savage, I'd love to see and extra point of defence on the Cyclops. The feel much squishier than they have a right to be, I constantly find myself leaving them out of line ups. Geryon are much better up close (as they are designed to be) and I would say that Gigants are better from range. Their bonus action is cute for sure and an extra pillar can help, though is costly on resources. They compete with the rest of the keyword for tomes, maybe that could be changed to masks or crows?

I rarely see Lyssa or Bultungin get used, both seem on the weak side.

I don't think Savage is overpowered at the moment, could be some bias, but I don't think they are that weak either. I guess if you wanted to hit them anywhere, Geryon seem strong and I wouldn't be too surprised to see the Damned get knocked back a touch. It would be a shame to see anything gutted though.

Looking forward to the official clarification of how Klaus Norwood's Pocketful of Personalities is supposed to work and if it really skips payment and restrictions.

I've only witnessed the 2021 errata as a player so I don't know what to expect, there are a lot of very strong versatiles and a lot of very weak ones in Neverborn so maybe the gap will get narrowed.

Titania's Fae all (except the Dinosaur of course) seem rather underwhelming so maybe they get some adjustments.

• Like 1

Lucius1 needs a buff
Carver needs a buff
KJ needs a buff
Aeslin needs a buff
Bultungin need a buff
Lelu needs a buff
Razorspine Rattlers need a buff
All the Half Bloods need a buff.

WW needs the stat on her summon lowered, shes too good at 8ss.

Candy needs some sort of change, but I have no idea how they'd do it because I think even a small nerf would result in her not seeing the table. Possibly making Manip into Serene Countenance then nerfing Corrupted Innocence.

Removing the OPA part of Misery would be nuts. If anything needs to be done to buff Dora its take the OPA off her shockwave.

Give Cyclops the Tome on their Ice Pillars action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

The biggest change I would love to see is Fae getting some love. Bultungin is probably the lowest rated model in the faction. There just isn't a good way to justify bringing them in either of their keywords. I'd love to see them lose Pack mentality and give them something like they get a bonus when next to a terrain markers. This would give them some mechanical connection to Fae's underbrush, and Savage's Ice pillars. Doesn't have to be crazy but even a +1 to final duels like what PM does, but it doesn't stack. 

The other thing I would like to see is something to help their role as a schemer/anti-schemer. Might be too much but swapping forage for gnaw would definitely help with their mobility. Again might be too much, but I'd like to see forage swapped for something that helps them fill their role better.

Other people have mentioned giving Killjoy 2" melee which feels like an easy win for me.

Not sure about Autumn Knights. I think they're probably fine, but I wouldn't complain if they got a minor bump.

Rougarou would be nice at def 5.

• Agree 1

I think Far are in a weird spot since Titania is actually a really strong master in a super friend list (a bit like Seamus)... I agree that some of their keyword models are lackluster, but you must be careful when buffing them.

I would definitely boost butlunging speciality as scheme runners. Unimpeded and Stealth would make them awesome. Drop deadly pursuit and pack mentality. Add Ambush as a bonus action (that probably make them 6ss models though). It's a shame if they loose forage since it's probably the only reason to hire them righ now.

Other Fae minion are fine imo. 

I like killjoy having a 2" melee. A crow trigger on either or both of his attack would help as well (and add extra synergy with the Trex). I mean he could have in to torn on his melee and/or maim on his range.

Aeslin I'm not sure if she needs anything. @Roadhousewho have way more game with Titania than I seems to think otherwise. She's quite slow  that's often why I don't take her. Maybe she could be a bit much sturdy too. Finally study is okish, but really situational. Cradle would be awesome on her germinate (but it's probably a master level trigger). Maybe just reposition? Tear off a bite on her bonus could help making it relevant more often.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Agree with kill joy and aeslin buffs, I’m probably in the minority, but I’d rather not hire the Rex, 2 inch on killjoy and ruthless and a rework of his resummoning mechanic. Maybe something along the lines of two friendly models in play take up to 4 wounds each and he is resummoned within 6 inches of both and gains wounds equal to the wounds suffered? 
As for aeslin, I’d like to see a trigger on her decay to take a germinate action, call it life from death or something witty. 

• Agree 1

Before titles, I would've said Autumn Knights need a buff, but now they are so hard to remove in Twotania I don't think you change them without it being too much.

Aeslin's issue is failing to have a role. She doesn't scheme, her mobility limits her target selection and 3/3/4 isn't setting the world on fire(She isn't Bill with Debt of Gratitude), she can't hold a spot with only Df5, HtW, and 9wds. Change her bonus to

Life... finds a way Target a corpse, scrap, or scheme marker. Drop an Underbrush Marker into base contact with the target, then remove the target and draw a card.

:tomeDraw Out Secrets

Study isn't a real bonus the vast majority of the time and it being range 6 on a Mv5 model that wants to be 8" away from the action is bleh. If Leave Your Mark comes back Study isn't bad at all.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

AOE Injured on a min 3 ranged attack always struck me as fairly reasonable for Aeslin, as did her ability to use a low Tome to tap an Autumn Knight for 1 damage to make a scheme marker. Her lack of mobility is fairly noticeable though, and it is weird that she has the Honourable rule when one of her main interactions with Titania that I can recall is Titania berating her for distracting Marcus at a critical juncture in the Marcus vs Titania duel to make sure Titania won. And it is similarly strange that she lacks armour when stood next to the Knights and Titania2. There's room there for a bit of tweaking I would think.

I pretty much feel that Aeslin is extremely lackluster and there is little motivation to take her along.

When i reread the card i think "great" - when someone brings her to the table she creeps along somewhere on the table and doesn't do anything really.

I think cradle of life trigger on Germinate would be neither overpowered nor out of style and that way she could have easier access to more space on the gaming table, which i feel is her main weakness

• Agree 2