Jedza's Core Box: Jedza, Sophie, Mikhail XVI, and 3 Lamplighters

Anya's Core Box: 3 Surveyors

Explorer's Society Starter Box: Tannenbaum

"Austera and Twigge" Box: Austera and Twigge

"The Damned" Box: The Damned

"Here Lies..." Box: Grave Goo and 3 Moorwraiths

???: Jedza (Everlasting) and The Kurgan

• Thanks 1

Firstly, thank you so much for posting all of these. My app is broken so I can't access these myself.

As for the keyword, I'm liking the looks of it, both mechanically and artistically. I'm by no means a good player, but they look like they'll trip up a lot of people, playing both as and against them, just by the sheer volume of rules.

Jedza's ability to just simple duel a 2/3/4 damage track is impressive (with a 4, no less), if 1/activation. I'm not sure if it would actually be efficient, considering Drain Life, but it could certainly be used to force something through. Chronicle (Wanderer) is going to be a nightmare for "one big hit" style crews, though less useful against ping damage.

I do wonder about Sophie's Bell of the Vagrant trigger, though: is it meant to read that 1) enemy models within range cannot ignore terrain, 2) they cannot ignore terrain pieces that are at least partially within range, or 3) any terrain within range cannot be ignored, but only to the extent of the aura, and not the pieces in their entirety. My expectation is 3, as that sounds most reasonable and exact, but it's worded a bit strangely.

2 hours ago, Xekros said:

Firstly, thank you so much for posting all of these. My app is broken so I can't access these myself.

As for the keyword, I'm liking the looks of it, both mechanically and artistically. I'm by no means a good player, but they look like they'll trip up a lot of people, playing both as and against them, just by the sheer volume of rules.

Jedza's ability to just simple duel a 2/3/4 damage track is impressive (with a 4, no less), if 1/activation. I'm not sure if it would actually be efficient, considering Drain Life, but it could certainly be used to force something through. Chronicle (Wanderer) is going to be a nightmare for "one big hit" style crews, though less useful against ping damage.

I do wonder about Sophie's Bell of the Vagrant trigger, though: is it meant to read that 1) enemy models within range cannot ignore terrain, 2) they cannot ignore terrain pieces that are at least partially within range, or 3) any terrain within range cannot be ignored, but only to the extent of the aura, and not the pieces in their entirety. My expectation is 3, as that sounds most reasonable and exact, but it's worded a bit strangely.

Am I misreading something?  Chronicle (Wanderer) says that the Healed model can have the next damage suffered "this activation" reduced to 0.  Unless they're healing during the opponent's activation, I don't think you're stopping one big hit crews at all.  I think it's more meant to cancel stuff like Black Blood or Hazardous Terrain.

EDIT:  OK, this is where Fragility of Life comes in, I think.

11 minutes ago, clockworkspide said:

Am I misreading something?  Chronicle (Wanderer) says that the Healed model can have the next damage suffered "this activation" reduced to 0.  Unless they're healing during the opponent's activation, I don't think you're stopping one big hit crews at all.  I think it's more meant to cancel stuff like Black Blood or Hazardous Terrain.

EDIT:  OK, this is where Fragility of Life comes in, I think.

With Life tokens you can be healed during an opponent’s activation, then Jedza will reduce damage from the next hit. It essentially prevents the killing blow in a single activation unless the opponent can swing/damage 3 or more times in a single activation.

I love both the look and mecanics of this crew (even if I'm very far from wrapping my head around how to use all that)

There's a lot of synergy with the healing & chronicle, fragility of life, etc

Same with the many terrains they can create (or the Moorwraith that can be considerer as terrain) and Jedza "Life of the Earth" action/The surveyor "pythagorean quake" trigger

Quite a few possibilities to put scheme markers, have some nice mobility
But also some damage potential
With the many enforcers & a decent amount of minions, they are quite a lot of ways to build a crew with her

First thoughts, that I'm sure a lot of people had, would be that you need a bubble to use the Chronicle abilities as much as possible.
And then you'd have some models like the damned or the grave goo take off from the group to take care of schemers & stuff like that.

Btw I don't know if any of you saw it, but on the 3rd moorwraith's artwork on the app has a pipe & a bowtie, and I love it :D

@clockworkspide No, I just completely missed the "this Activation" part, though Fragility of Life does make that work.

That said, there is decent amount of Hard to Wound (all the undead in keyword), along with some shielded and armor, so they do still seem to favor fighting higher spike damage to lower ping damage.

Needless to say, I'm excited to get them on the table, whenever that can happen.

Jedza is really Chronicles is really strong in combination with Mikhail... Armour, HtK... need to get him to 1wd, then next activation kill (so heals 2), then the next attack needs to do 4dg to take him to HtK (reduce 3 between Chronicle & armour) and then need another attack to kill him. Good luck!

At least he only has Wp5, so hopefully you can lure him away from Jedza...

Also bring Mv attacks... most of the crew is fairly low and as it's melee based, Staggered does good work too. Mysterious Emissary is a great counter pick with blasts for staggered that targets Mv.

• Like 1

I really like the look of this Keyword.  It's probably too complicated for me to do well with it (but then again, that applies to them all!) but it looks like a lot of fun!

59 minutes ago, MajorUndead said:

Btw I don't know if any of you saw it, but on the 3rd moorwraith's artwork on the app has a pipe & a bowtie, and I love it :D

Not Seeker-related, but the art for the Botanists is worth checking out too...

4 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

This master seems like she is nuts with the emissary? Take the Hit ensures the master will never die, even if lowering health to heal up again. If the Emissary dies, Jedza just brings it back with a life token (and then you have to go through Hard to Kill again).

The emmissary isn't a seeker so i don't think life tokens work on it.

1 hour ago, Nukemouse said:

I prefer the effigy for lead the way. Given how well jedza crew protects allies it might be good to take the effigy grow up upgrade?

I might depend on the game's scenario, ennemy master, or the game plan you have in mind/the crew you'll take to implement it.
The emissary can give shielded to friendlies starting their activation near it, which can be useful for the moorwraiths & the grave goo (who can both reduce their shield to gain damage / final duel total on one action each).

This keyword is awesome!

I think they are the best at using the Treasure Map upgrade. Deadly pursuit give key models (like Mikhail) a great range (especially with unimpeded).

This faction is a bubble crew but also an incredible Scheming machine (as opposed to Pandora that want to lure you in her bubble than kill).

Austera and Twigge and the Candle guy have long Scheming tange while staying in the bubble. Witch can caught opponent of guard (you can Bubble in the center and still score something like spread them out).

Also the ability of Jeza to mess with terrain is really map dependent but can be incredibly strong... She can hit so many models by targeting a huge terrain piece (like a well place forest)...

I think all in all this keyword will have a lot of depth and will be really fun to play with.

The scheming potential in seekers is crazy. Austera and Twigge can drop 3 scheme markers in a turn, Lamplighters can potentially drop scheme markers 12" away thanks to burn the midnight oil and Tannenbaum with Haphazard Topography can drop scheme markers all over the place.

1 hour ago, Arlos896 said:

Does the grave goo turn the area within two of moorwraiths into hazardous as well? If so, does the goo need to be in base contact or just within 2? 

Grave Goo does treat the :aura2" with Moorwraith as terrain. Hence Grave Goo can turn the area into Hazardous terrain as long as it is base to base with the area, namely within 2" of Moorwraith.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rufess said:

Grave Goo does treat the :aura2" with Moorwraith as terrain. Hence Grave Goo can turn the area into Hazardous terrain as long as it is base to base with the area, namely within 2" of Moorwraith.

In that case i think it gets shielded for walking near them too? Moorwraiths sound like they work well in groups if whilst walking together they all end up with shielded.

Been playing the crew exclusively for the past 5 games and my initial thoughts:

1) Surveyors are excellent Minions for 6 SS. Their Price of Progress gives them the ability to very reliably get pushes out on enemy models. Any Hazardous terrain (which they can produce themselves) makes for a lot of "min 3" hits. Extra good if near a Lamplighter whose auras stack pretty well with the pushes to lock down Beaters. Geodes have to be used carefully not to break LoS with Jedza. 

2) Lamplighters are excellent movement support and Lit Lamps offer a lot of versatility for pushing Attacks or defensively. They won't top any damage charts, but they always have something useful to be doing. An extra 1/2/3 healing to two models a turn goes a long way. 

3) Mikhail is #1 bodyguard and can pretty much be wherever he needs to flex in the bubble. Caught in the Ring REALLY inhibits melee crews. If not any other model, Mikhail must stay in LoS for Jedza for Fragility of Life while he tanks the hits. Entomb shockwaves get really big, really fast given the right crew set-up. Staggered and marker gen come in spades in the KW. 

4)The Damned is the Symbol grabber but is valuable enough on his way across the board with his gun. The Old Ways is extremely powerful and something to be mindful of. Failing a Leap action when you flip a blind 5 is a definite feels bad moment. The push on his melee makes him min 3 when around any of the myriad Hazardous terrain producers in the KW. 

5) Austera and Twigge, as mentioned earlier, can drop a TON of schemes over the course of the game if left unattended. The gun action really depends on the Puncture trigger, but the spike damage of 5 can be a great payoff. These guys will score you 4+ points a game by themselves. Their Chronicle is one of the better card cycling abilities, especially mixed with Sophie's. 

That's all I have for now...Will report after the next 5 games :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2