Waldo's Weekly - Pick a Deck, Any Deck

Kyle

17 minutes ago, DamasterZ said:

Any chance to see more cards? I'd like to see the other cards before buying. 

Edit: the decks are plastic or cardboard? 

please show us more of the cards.... mosty so i can figure out which one i want most and so buy it first!

5 hours ago, Da Git said:

Love the decks! But need some more info...

What's the material? If we're overseas, how much is shipping?

You can check shipping from drivethrurpg. Shipping included it's a bit over 24€ for single deck to my location. 54€ for three decks+shipping, or 18 per person if I get a threeway going on. Customs may or may not screw that completely...

Assuming material is the same (or better) as my errata cards from few years ago, I'll seriously consider getting a deck so long as I can split the costs with others.

Damn, it's more expensive for shipping than the deck... Hope there are alternatives for those not in the States... Maybe put them in as part of the Easter/Gencon/Black Friday sales...

DriveThru's good for Pdfs, not great for a physical product if this is what it costs for shipping

sad that this isn't a real release of decks, they look pretty awesome (pixel one i'm looking at you especially) but again with the issues of international shipping it's probably a no go.

on the plus side, its great that you guys are doing this with your community and encouraging artists! big thumbs up. 

now where's the iconic Fate deck?

15 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

I'm going to reach out about the shipping - that just frankly sounds like crap that needs to be fixed. It's not trying to slip in one of those plastic tuck boxes on you, is it?

"Premium US Poker Card(s) in Tuckbox"

I couldn't find an option to opt out of a tuckbox.

Thank you for looking out for us on shipping, but since the prices on USA->international shipping have this year shot up to over $10 on thin flat paper envelopes alone (I have had to mail a sewing pattern and got a shock) I haven’t much hope.

Can’t decide which deck to get—maddening!

2 hours ago, DamasterZ said:

What about the cards themselves? They should be plastic as arcane decks or cardboard as old ones? Now I'm used to play plastic decks whitout sleeves and playing again with an sleeved deck... No thanks, hahaha.

Says it in the description of the website. :) Not plastic unless we're printing these ourselves directly. 

Great decks and good to hear you guys are discussing the shipping with them, I wish you guys would do a small print run as the coated/treated decks are so much better than card (even premium card) - that’s just my personal preference though 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Cleezy said:

Great decks and good to hear you guys are discussing the shipping with them, I wish you guys would do a small print run as the coated/treated decks are so much better than card (even premium card) - that’s just my personal preference though 

This! 

If they are cardboard/paper, I will pass  since I don't  think they will survive...

• Agree 1