Official Malifaux app

3 hours ago, Parker Barrows said:

I love the app.

The only thing I want is a number counter for the model list. Maybe a drop down menu for the other stats (ie, so I can put that I have 4 of X and 2 painted).

If that's the only thing you want then you must have downloaded a different app than I did.

10 hours ago, WWHSD said:

If that's the only thing you want then you must have downloaded a different app than I did.

Agreed, while in general, I like the app, two things I find particularly annoying.

First, is the HTMLiness of the stat cards. By that, I mean having every ability and action text behind a tap. While this makes kind of makes sense on the phone, there's a lot of wasted real-estate on the tablet. It's added to when you look through unattached Upgrades like Ironsides Union President, and all it says is it adds the Slow Burn Ability and the Challenge Tactical, and you need to tap through there to see what they do. I do like that these actions and abilities are added directly to the card, but I wish stat changes followed that pattern as well (Adolescence doesn't add to the stat card's Wd or Cg, and doesn't appear to change them in the Encounter either)

Secondly, while alternate hiring conditions appear to be properly factored (ie, Levi's Pariah or Zoraida's Swampfiend/WP4 thing), the inability to filter based on characteristics is something I miss that most other crewbuilders have. Stuff like showing only those models that have M&SU so you know what will fit with Ironsides abilities, or Swampfiend for McTavish, or the like.

Neither is a huge deal if you're highly informed on anything and everything to do with the crews you're playing, but for less adept players, they'd go a long way to making things better, IMO.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Agreed, while in general, I like the app, two things I find particularly annoying.

First, is the HTMLiness of the stat cards. By that, I mean having every ability and action text behind a tap. While this makes kind of makes sense on the phone, there's a lot of wasted real-estate on the tablet. It's added to when you look through unattached Upgrades like Ironsides Union President, and all it says is it adds the Slow Burn Ability and the Challenge Tactical, and you need to tap through there to see what they do. I do like that these actions and abilities are added directly to the card, but I wish stat changes followed that pattern as well (Adolescence doesn't add to the stat card's Wd or Cg, and doesn't appear to change them in the Encounter either)

Secondly, while alternate hiring conditions appear to be properly factored (ie, Levi's Pariah or Zoraida's Swampfiend/WP4 thing), the inability to filter based on characteristics is something I miss that most other crewbuilders have. Stuff like showing only those models that have M&SU so you know what will fit with Ironsides abilities, or Swampfiend for McTavish, or the like.

Neither is a huge deal if you're highly informed on anything and everything to do with the crews you're playing, but for less adept players, they'd go a long way to making things better, IMO.

Agree with pretty much everything here!

In general, the app is nice, but it seems like they were trying too hard with the links.  I'd so much rather either have a photo of the stat/upgrade card or just scroll up and down on the phone and have the text written there than have all the HTMLs.  They are a huge pain.  Even if you could just add how much AP the action costs in the HTML that would be amazing.  That way we'd know what actions are (0)s, (1)s, (2)s and the odd (3)s without having to push the link.  But yeah, just having all the text there to see would be soo much better!  Or having an option to be able to see the stat card.

Actually, probably the best bet is to make them drop down texts instead of pop-ups. That way you can have everything visible from the card if you want or just the headings. 

I'd love to see the number of models in the crew in the corner with the soulstones used and cache. 

Also, I'd like the upgrade Abilities and Actions to say which upgrade they're from when they're added to the character's card. 

I'd also rather that Mercs appear under the Totem/Henchman/Enforcer/Minion sub groups in the list rather than they're own category down the bottom.  For me, it's much clearer and I'm less likely to forget them if say I'd hired the Malifaux child as a merc.

Filters for sub-groups would also be so awesome!

• Like 2

WHY UNBLOCK THE CARD STAT COST 10$ ON THE APP AND I PAID 10,96€??? What exchange rate do you use in Wyrd? 10$ = 8,63€... do u use the economy of your fantasy world or simply trying to steal easy money?

10$ = 8,63€
10£ = 11,31€
I'm really curious of how you calculate this 10,96€ that i have to pay.. I'm very perplexed O.o

1 hour ago, skoatz said:

I'm really enjoying the app so far.  Some bugs and kinks to work out, but I do enjoy being able to look at cards when I'm making hiring decisions.  I love being able to swipe to the left to add a model to my crew.  I'm excited to see where the app goes!

Wait wait wait, is it Tinder but you date models? Now I'm intrigued :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

I also have no need to steal your money - thanks for the knee jerk reaction and automatic personal insult. 

So instead of stealing our money, you just create something so addictive people are tripping over themselves to give it to you! Genius! 

And people think crack is bad... It's too got nothing on Plastic Crack! 

Oh, my poor bank account! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Da Git said:

So instead of stealing our money, you just create something so addictive people are tripping over themselves to give it to you! Genius! 

And people think crack is bad... It's too got nothing on Plastic Crack! 

Oh, my poor bank account! 

Can confirm

Source: currently addicted Malifaux player

• 3 weeks later...