Wishlist of changes for Guild

Filox

Oh, wow.

I really have a hard time taking this post seriously (and I mean all the posts, not only the initial one). Some points I definetely agree on, as they have overlaps with my almost a year old post (And it was before the current errata!):

But other points? Well....

Peacekeeper buffs? This will make arcanist hoff INSANE. I honestly dont have a clue of a single buff not making him bonkers in blue colors. I agree that he is a bit underwhelming in other crews (read: almost a nevertake). As @Maniacal_cackle already said: just ignore the versatile tag XD.

LJ's rework you suggested I dont really like. Id suggest completely removing Decay and giving her something synergetic with the keyword for once.

Judges Risk of Reason I totally agree on - I passionately hate this crap. Frustrating Gamble.

DMR - consolidate power on him will make him viable.

DM is totally fine. Just the Gaining Grounds 1 is totally not suited for cheap models.

Pinebox changes will require changes for 3 models for consistency: DM, DMR and Brutal Effigy. Those changes are not realistic. Wyrd will not do that. Though I agree this action is 90% waste of card space and 10% once in a blue moon possibility.

Scales buff seems OK. Honestly seeing Cadmus totems you can just slap those wounds to 8. 

TQ - Gunfigher or ,elee attack will do the job. Tactical needs a bit of work.

Purifying Flame - STOP. This is one of the best totems in guild, dont you dare touch it! XD

Pistoleros should be reworked for 4 SS cost, those changes are too much.

Only thing Basse needs is some triggers on Stoic Nod. Reichart can do with some additional buffs as he is now worse then OOK hire.

Paul is fine. Leave him alone - he is a 4 factions model. It is almost impossible to make him right as he is in a too tight of a spot.

Lucius is fine. I expect he will be insane with proposed gun. Id love it ofc XD.

Agent can go with additional DF, that I agree on.

Investigators can do with stat 6 on interrogate and some sort of a movement trick (chain gang maybe?).

Shielded +1 on Bravado seems like a really nice idea, though probability of Wyrd changing the whole keyword ability is close to zero. Sorry, thats how it is.

Nino needs Stealth - @trikk is on point.

"Family just needs a little to be fine talk" - sorry, what? Maybe we live in completely different metas as ours are dominated by Dreamer, Colette, Shenlong, Schtook, Leveticus, YanLo and Ophelia. Perdita as I see it has almost nothing she can do to those crews. And oh boy I tried to make her work. 

@im_open_to_suggestions Do you have any battle reports? That sounds really interesting and I really want to know what makes your successfull games so different from my games.

21 hours ago, Filox said:

Lucius Mattheson possible changes:
- change Under Pressure for Pull Here and There
- add Preparations Trigger to Issue Command
-  increase Hidden Sniper stat to 6 and add Coordinated Attack trigger

Yes the hidden sniper is a bit weak, but coordinated attack would imo be too good. Stat 6 would be fine. 

21 hours ago, Filox said:

Investigator right now:
It's a rarely used model, Garrote and Staggered Tech does not work. Overall it's pretty underwhelming models.

Investigator possible changes:
- sorry folks, no idea

The design is fine. I would rather their cost to 6. 

Pinebox chould be changed with Lady J: instead of swordplay give her an ability that boosts pineboxes :)

Same with Dita and Shielded on Bravado.

I generally like abilities on masters that boost keywords as it encourages you to play more or less in theme.

Investigators could have On Your Heels on Interrogate but I think a lot of issues with Elite is that Intimidating Authority is not enough of a defensive tool looking at their mediocre stats. This works on a lawyer that is 6SS and can stay back as a support piece, but everything that goes in close gets demolished.

15 minutes ago, trikk said:

I generally like abilities on masters that boost keywords as it encourages you to play more or less in theme.

A really nice point actually. Though I think Family needs a bit more than that.

As for LJ a brainstorm is in order!

Plain:

"Friendly Marshal models may treat :melee0'' actions as :melee1''"

Something more complex:

"Friendly Marshal models may treat :melee0'' actions as :melee2'' actions if targeting a models with Staggered; When an enemy model with Staggered is buried it suffers 1 damage"

Something completely fair and balanced:

"When an enemy model is buried by a friendly model this model can make a :meleeaction targeting buried model ignoring targeting restrictions"

2 hours ago, Legislat said:

@im_open_to_suggestions Do you have any battle reports? That sounds really interesting and I really want to know what makes your successfull games so different from my games.

I dont unfortunately. there are some games of mine sitting in our local henchmans hard drive waiting to be uploaded to youtube but thats about it.  i dont have the mental capacity to note down my thoughts while playing a game.  if you have any questions i would be happy to answer them if i can   

2 hours ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

4 hours ago, Legislat said:

Oh, wow.

I really have a hard time taking this post seriously (and I mean all the posts, not only the initial one). Some points I definetely agree on, as they have overlaps with my almost a year old post (And it was before the current errata!):

But other points? Well....

Peacekeeper buffs? This will make arcanist hoff INSANE. I honestly dont have a clue of a single buff not making him bonkers in blue colors. I agree that he is a bit underwhelming in other crews (read: almost a nevertake). As @Maniacal_cackle already said: just ignore the versatile tag XD.

LJ's rework you suggested I dont really like. Id suggest completely removing Decay and giving her something synergetic with the keyword for once.

Judges Risk of Reason I totally agree on - I passionately hate this crap. Frustrating Gamble.

DMR - consolidate power on him will make him viable.

DM is totally fine. Just the Gaining Grounds 1 is totally not suited for cheap models.

Pinebox changes will require changes for 3 models for consistency: DM, DMR and Brutal Effigy. Those changes are not realistic. Wyrd will not do that. Though I agree this action is 90% waste of card space and 10% once in a blue moon possibility.

Scales buff seems OK. Honestly seeing Cadmus totems you can just slap those wounds to 8. 

TQ - Gunfigher or ,elee attack will do the job. Tactical needs a bit of work.

Purifying Flame - STOP. This is one of the best totems in guild, dont you dare touch it! XD

Pistoleros should be reworked for 4 SS cost, those changes are too much.

Only thing Basse needs is some triggers on Stoic Nod. Reichart can do with some additional buffs as he is now worse then OOK hire.

Paul is fine. Leave him alone - he is a 4 factions model. It is almost impossible to make him right as he is in a too tight of a spot.

Lucius is fine. I expect he will be insane with proposed gun. Id love it ofc XD.

Agent can go with additional DF, that I agree on.

Investigators can do with stat 6 on interrogate and some sort of a movement trick (chain gang maybe?).

Shielded +1 on Bravado seems like a really nice idea, though probability of Wyrd changing the whole keyword ability is close to zero. Sorry, thats how it is.

Nino needs Stealth - @trikk is on point.

"Family just needs a little to be fine talk" - sorry, what? Maybe we live in completely different metas as ours are dominated by Dreamer, Colette, Shenlong, Schtook, Leveticus, YanLo and Ophelia. Perdita as I see it has almost nothing she can do to those crews. And oh boy I tried to make her work. 

Actually, Hoffman is much Stronger in guild thanks to LLC on Josh & Howard and Expert Marksman for KORE. There is just no need for PK in this crew. So buffs like +1 to Wk or ability/bonus action for generating pass tokens outside melee trigger would be sufficient. It won't break him in Hoff and give more value (where pass tokens are not cheap) OOK. 

DMR won't be fixed with consolidate power. He needs much more, thought and ability that makes models do an AA against buried models as aura on DMR looks interesting. 

PF outrage really took me by suprise. Will try and test him more as SR and not suicide bomber. 

Reichart needs something that will offer smth different then Phiona while still doing the same Job. Phiona tanking and Jonathan holding enemy for others models. I think my changes are nice about him. 

As  for Hidden sniper, Zoraida has the exact same ability and better (attack at WP, without projectile or Friendly Fire, heal instead of critical and coordinated). Lucius would still need to take up or focus ignore FF. And HS would not be broken bcs. We would just shoot it once per turn, get a trigger, which means 2 more damage per Activision of a master (Zoraida with high mask can do much more) and then just go back to using command. 

As for PDL its hard to balance them as 4SS model, there are no other models with similiar toolset at this cost. Bandito is similiar but at higher cost. 

And about meta, Shenlong and Dreamer as OP? Nah mate, TT has McCabe which much more Busted than Shenlong. In NB only good masters for now is Dreamer & Zoraida, others struggle a lot same as Guild. Those guys also need some love, suprissed there are none similiar posts about NB buffs. In our meta we have Kirai, Von Schtook, McCabe, Colette, Yan Lo, Somer, Zoraida, Levi. Those are masters that you see much much often.

6 hours ago, Legislat said:

Agreed, but i think that would fix a bit the keyword and would be able to face Ophelia.

Nino needs Stealth

I like it. 

As i said above. Or they change It for the :ToS-Fast: Foul-Mouthed Motivation. Or make similar to Soothe Spirit lowering the TN to 10 and giving some triggers.

1 hour ago, Filox said:

Actually, Hoffman is much Stronger in guild thanks to LLC on Josh & Howard and Expert Marksman for KORE. There is just no need for PK in this crew. So buffs like +1 to Wk or ability/bonus action for generating pass tokens outside melee trigger would be sufficient. It won't break him in Hoff and give more value (where pass tokens are not cheap) OOK

Maybe you don't see how strong PK is, i'm agree that you're not going to see out of Hoffy. But if he get +1wk and the ability to autogenerate Power Tokens he would become a very fast model.

He would be able to make two :meleeto a model 14" away. (Or 17" away with trail of gore). And thats an insane damage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, belorey said:

He would be able to make two :meleeto a model 14" away. (Or 17" away with trail of gore). And thats an insane damage.

So just give him a power tokens, would fix him OOK and one power token in Hoffman crew is nothing, especially when you generate like 4+ per turn

I just picked up Frontier (planning to play them in ES though), and without going through this thread there's a 100% chance that I wouldn't have noticed that Paul doesn't have Favorable Terrain until an opponent who's familiar with his card pointed out my mistake during a game (probably at a very inconvenient time for me). 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, NoisyAssassin said:

I just picked up Frontier (planning to play them in ES though), and without going through this thread there's a 100% chance that I wouldn't have noticed that Paul doesn't have Favorable Terrain until an opponent who's familiar with his card pointed out my mistake during a game (probably at a very inconvenient time for me). 

Haha, I'm in the same boat. I had no idea he was affected by severe terrain...

9 hours ago, NoisyAssassin said:

Wat8.thumb.jpg.cbbb8397236b0c7c072f39c94f6e060f.jpg

Just saw takes on If this model is a Leader boost this, I think they are fine for Dita to boost Bravado in keyword, although Pine Boxes should fixed in themselves to consider it a valuable and consistent tech option in and OOK, and then boosted to make a crew around them, like (2x Rectuiter, Jury etc.). 

On 12/30/2020 at 7:02 AM, belorey said:

If you want to Bring it enemies, you have Phiona for same cost. And she has some protect tech to give survavilitie to the rest of your crew.

If they fix Soic Nod lowering it's TN to 10 and adding a trigger or giving an extra condition Reichart should be a good Henchman for Frontiers.

I really like the idea of giving Reichart Field Kit on Stoic Nod. It's an in-Keyword ability.

Just the mental visual of him nodding at two people in rapid succession, one model twice, or having his recipient nod back, and him being so flushed with pride, he heals himself.

Fits with the crew, makes the action much more worthwhile, allows him to heal himself, at the cost of a SS or a 6+ (4+ with the change) of Tomes, and gives something that is kinda unique, for the Keyword, and possibly even OOK (don't know anything that can heal 1/2/3 four times in a single activation).

Maybe that'd be problematic? Who breaks it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can't speak much about most GU models, as I'm not playing the faction at all. However, I have few games as ES Basse and in my opinion there are four things that would require change in some way or another:

• Paul Crockett should have Favorable Terrain on his card - it's weird that he is only human model in keyword that doesn't have it, but what's more important - one of two models in keyword  that are affected by severe terrain. It's not a big deal for Clockwork Traps, as they can be summoned and have from the shadows, but lack of this ability hampers Paul drastically.
  • Reichart needs something. Usually, when you take a 10SS model, it offers either superb utility (like many Emissaries) or have at least 3 actions (like having flurry or attack as bonus action). Reichart has none of those things (though you can argue that he generates more attacks with Hold Down trigger).  Maybe changing sweeping strikes for Field Kit or giving him a bonus action similar to Onward! would fix him - simple duel to make an attack.
  • Stoic nod is bad in current form, and it's almost never a good idea to spend Basse or Reichart AP for it. I think if Stoic Nod had heal 1/2/3 and give shielded +1 to healed model it would become viable option.
  • Sandworm?! trigger is in weird spot currently. Caught in quicksand is utility attack that handles reposition and injured, and Chesterfield Shotgun is prime damage dealing action. Sandworm?! is in the middle between those two attacks. I've seen people saying it's fine attack, and as we want to impose as little changes as possible, I suggest making it a built-in trigger - its Once per activation restriction should keep it from being abused.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I really like the idea of giving Reichart Field Kit on Stoic Nod. It's an in-Keyword ability.

Just the mental visual of him nodding at two people in rapid succession, one model twice, or having his recipient nod back, and him being so flushed with pride, he heals himself.

It is my dream that one day, Reichart and Basse spend the entire turn just nodding at each other to heal up.

Imagine the visuals.

• Like 1