2019 Monthly Painting Challenge - March

Caedrus

Painted up Marcus yesterday, so guess I've already done my pledge for this month (I really should of gone higher than Hench, too late now tho). 

It's time to see how much of his theme I can do before the end of the month.  Already got his box primed + have Vogel/Scorp in the post.  I'm feeling good about my chances of completing another keyword.

• Like 4

For March I am going to finish up my third Silurid for 7 SS.  That green Stuff brain fungus is hiding some magnets---had to improvise to magnetize this one.  I know I haven't been painting much on for the challenge this year, but I am ~1/3 way through my third Necromunda crew (10 models each), and have some Fallout progress, so making good progress when summed across all games.  Cheers all.

large.2019_03_Silurid_2_pledge.jpeg.280ef80139f4cc58da34587da87a6f83.jpeg

• Like 3

To start with for March, I'll finish up these two Silurids, a Will O' the Wisp, the Adze, and Talos-as-Knightly-Killjoy.

If I get those done I think I'll reward myself by starting on painting the Avatar Colettes I was gifted as "basing" for my actual Colette's Doves.

large.20190228_094838.jpg.02bad8e636b2ccb96dadf14763e42103.jpg

• Like 6

I bought a bunch of second-hand built gremlins and I am slowly prepping them for priming. The horror! Just getting rid of mould lines and gaps on the Easter bunny model should be worth 5 SS at least :D 

In other news, my pledged farm house is advancing well. There's a new green spot on the carpet, but you can't really see it thanks to the busy pattern. I chose my hobby room carpet well 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2019 at 9:48 AM, Caedrus said:

@Viruk: Your cat does a pretty good staredown! Mine watches me paint pretty intensely... and drinks my paint water 😹

On 3/1/2019 at 5:14 PM, Franchute said:

@Viruk Please don't paint your cat! 😱

Ohhh, it looks like Viruk's kitty is the most popular cat in Malifaux?

What about pledging cats too this month?

I could add some cats to my annoubced scenics pledge!

Hello there!

Here's my March pledge, after having him built and printed for months, I'll finally go for the Midnight Stalker for 8SS.

I want to try to give him some kind of night lighting, but I'm still not quite sure how to do it, so... wish me luck! :D

6IfD66j.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Caedrus said:

I found about him when i joined the "deck of painting achievements" and is definitely a style that I think fits perfectly for the midnight stalker.

What i had in mind was a pretty dark mini, and a really bright monocle, knife and  blood in the floor

I'll try to go for it, and see what's the outcome

Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caedrus said:

@Diddick: If you can find a cheap scale streetlight, that would make an awesome lighting effect!

(Note to self: try this myself).

This was my first thought when i got the mini, but i’d rather keep him in the dark 😏

i’ve seen one done like that around the web, and it looks very cool

• Like 1

Was finally able to get some priming done the other day. Painting in Maine during the winter is not an easy task...

Started working on one of the warped. Got the skin mostly done, and I've got the base coat on the pants done. 

ZqlJl5Y.jpg

I could you some help on hashing out the scheme though. My idea for these guys is to go for ash-y looking skin and for worn out cloths that are some mixture of red, orange, or yellows (its cult of the burning man, so I figured that would make sense). It doesn't have to be straight for those colors. The paints in this picture are a brown, that I'm going to hit with a wash to add some more color into. The other think I want to do is add some osl "magic" like effects. My plan is to use the complimentary color to whatever colors are used in the cloths. So for example if this guy has orange pants, he would have a blue glow. The problem is I'm not really sure where to add the glow for this guy. For something like the doomseekers its fairly obvious on where to put it. For this guy I'm having some difficulties figuring it out. If anyone has any advice for this guy specifically or the theme as whole I'd love to hear it.

• Like 4