3 Soulstone Stuffed Piglets

GrumpyGrandpa

Stuffed Piggies were used so far for:

1. Cheap activation

2. Tarpit of the enemy models (because they were cheap).

3. Ammo for Pigapult

Now they will be used only for ammo for Pigapult (if anyone will enjoy Concussion on Pigapult) and as Taxidermist's summon models. That's all.

7 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Stuffed Piggies were used so far for:

1. Cheap activation

2. Tarpit of the enemy models (because they were cheap).

3. Ammo for Pigapult

Now they will be used only for ammo for Pigapult (if anyone will enjoy Concussion on Pigapult) and as Taxidermist's summon models. That's all.

I would add to that list

4. As a blast-off point for damage with blast effects

5. As damage dealers against some models with annoying defensive Triggers or abilities (Incorporeal, Yin, Pandora, Collodi, Riders, etc)

But of course uses 2-5 were hurt when they dealt with use 1 in such a ham-fisted way and I tend to agree with your conclusions, unfortunately.

I guess time will tell.

• Like 4

I have to say that I'm a bit surprised and intrigued by this reaction. Have people been using Pigapult with Stuffed ammo? I always found Concussion completely debilitating and have valued throwing the Stuffeds as opposed to using them as Ammo. And naturally throwing everything else as well, be they Piglets or Bayou Gremlins that a Summoning Master is Summoning. 

How have you been using it? Buy three Stuffeds as ammo and then shoot it three times per round for three rounds? Or Focus and hope for the best? And at what sort of targets? Has it been good?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I have to say that I'm a bit surprised and intrigued by this reaction. Have people been using Pigapult with Stuffed ammo? I always found Concussion completely debilitating and have valued throwing the Stuffeds as opposed to using them as Ammo. And naturally throwing everything else as well, be they Piglets or Bayou Gremlins that a Summoning Master is Summoning. 

How have you been using it? Buy three Stuffeds as ammo and then shoot it three times per round for three rounds? Or Focus and hope for the best? And at what sort of targets? Has it been good?

We had our share of agreements and disagreements but from a non-Gremlin player all I can say I prefer the SP to stay near the Pigapult ;)

If people are so concerned about the Pigapult, the way I see a change would be to make it 5SS BUT you have to sacrifice the SP at the start of the turn and not activation. I think it would be a cool idea, wouldn`t increase the Pigapult cost compared to pre-errata but OTOH it would block a portion of the activation spam

Well, the most stuffeds I'd hire in a crew were in pigapults lists. Are they any good as ammo? Not really, but they were cheap. I would still throw some along with other ht1 targets, or use a stuffed for 1 turn to shoot at something with low df and hope to burn a couple good cards from my opponents hand. 

With this change I'll actually start considering  piglets as ammo (or using the pigapult a lot less, which is to say, maybe once or twice a year lol) because i can get 2 turns of goof shooting for 1ss less than 3 turns of crappy shooting

I have absolutely no problem using them with Wong still.  Guaranteeing I hit my explosive pig that's engaged with at least 2 enemies (hopefully) is well worth it for the :blast , :pulse , and pig damage.

I've never been a fan of activation control play style anyways, so I could care less.  Though I do understand the people hurting from it.

It seems like everyone is forgetting the Lenny+'love it and pet it' to summon piglets for pigapult. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? IMO yessir! He goes down easy but that's why I like to keep him in the back with the pigapult, reducing incoming damage and giving plenty of ammo. Pigapult still has uses, they're just not as straight forward as before.

6 minutes ago, Finalscene said:

It seems like everyone is forgetting the Lenny+'love it and pet it' to summon piglets for pigapult. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? IMO yessir! He goes down easy but that's why I like to keep him in the back with the pigapult, reducing incoming damage and giving plenty of ammo. Pigapult still has uses, they're just not as straight forward as before.

As long as you are happy investing 18SS in shooting platform, then yes.  IMO it is  too steep price.

I used to use stuffed pigs as ammo with the pigapult against certain factions, mainly Ressers. This was mainly for the min damage 3, I could cope with only being Sh5 as usually I was attacking DF5 or less models. 

With the change to 3ss I will only take them with Wong as blast off points, but they will only be hired occasionally. I will be trying out different blast off points out and may go back to using the Emissary as a lightning rod again.  

If the problem being addressed was indeed ridiculously cheap activations, rather than change the costs which changes their usefulness in other areas beyond activations, why not just address the activation problem and leave everything else alone?

Amazed Bewilderment: When this model activates, the opposing crew may choose to pass their next activation.

I guess we'll see how the cost change works out going forward.

3 hours ago, Rob Lo said:

If the problem being addressed was indeed ridiculously cheap activations, rather than change the costs which changes their usefulness in other areas beyond activations, why not just address the activation problem and leave everything else alone?

Amazed Bewilderment: When this model activates, the opposing crew may choose to pass their next activation.

I guess we'll see how the cost change works out going forward.

That doesn't really solve the problem though as your now effectively giving them a pseudo companion. 

Personally what I would have liked to see is

1) change it so they have to explode when killed and can choose to explode if sacrificed

2) increase cost by 1

3) New ability the crispiest of bacon: If a friendly model sacrifices this model, until the end of the turn that model gains +:blast on moderate and severe damage

4) remove stuffed with explosives

and rework the pigapult to something like

1) reduce cost to 6SS

2) remove reckless

3) Change Bacon Load to: At the start of this models activation is may sacrifice a friendly pig within 3" to gain 1 additional Sh AP

4) Change Bacon Barrage to SH6 with a 2/3/5 damage spread. 

5) Reduce cost of Ht1 pigs by 1SS if you hire this model.

• Like 1

Honestly I will be using them less, but I will still be using them.  I really liked them when I wanted Peons because of a Strategy or scheme pool so they can still do that.  Just when I was taking 3 before I likely will be taking two.  And you know, taking them a lot less as it will be when they suit rather than as a general rule of thumb.  Suddenly I don't feel so bad though that I only have the three original metal ones, as I don't see needing more.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2017 at 8:15 AM, Math Mathonwy said:

I am as well, Concussion is a pretty steep negative for using Stuffed Piglets as ammo even before you add in the cost of hiring models instead of summoning them. Though the Lenny-Pigapult combination looks expensive, summoning the ammo with Lenny is generally the better method, especially if you are using Pig Ladders to aid in moving Lenny and the Pigapult around the board.

On 8/1/2017 at 3:10 PM, wizuriel said:

1) reduce cost to 6SS

2) remove reckless

Though I agree the Pigapult is an expensive model (particularly when compared to its 1sr edition version) the primary issue with lowering its cost by 4 SS is that terrain density plays a huge role in the effectiveness of the Pigapult. Groups that play at the higher end of terrain density will be affected differently than those who play at the low end. What I would like to see is the cost lowered significantly and Launch'n moved to a general Upgrade card.

Removing Reckless would massively impact the Pigapult and reduce its already tenuous presence in the game. In short, it would become a shelf sitter unless massively reduced in cost.