Malifaux 6 Nations 2022 May 21&22

ScottishMetaLew

A,48 players from 6 of Malifaux's powerhouse European nations are duking it out for the crown in a Round Robin Tournament.

6 Nations, 5 Game Rounds, 1 winner.

The competitors this year are:

Team England, Team Wales, Team Poland, Team Spain, Team Sweden and finally Team Scotland.

While this year's players have been selected by their team captains, we're hopeful that the interest this event can generate can lead to a bigger multinational event next year.

We'll be streaming a minimum of one game per round over on the ScottishMeta twitch channel and will hopefully have more games available after the event on our YouTube. 

I will get the respective team captains to introduce their teams and factions!

The ultimate quastion I have for you though Wyrdos, who is taking the inaugural crown? Answers below! 

We'll run a community competition for a Nightmare Molly Crew Box. Everyone who correctly predicts the Podium positions at the end of the event before May 20th will be entered into a draw to win the Molly box. As before answers below

• Like 8

Team Poland:

Rafał "trikk" Bieliński - Team Captain. Current PL Malifaux Ranking Leader. He plays mostly Guild never admitting it's strong. Two times ITC attendee. If there is someone with more colorful clothes, he will consider himself a loser.

Łukasz "Bober" Bober - Two time ITC attendee. Second at some M2E UK Nationals. Team cheater. One day he might even cheat in his favor :D 

Maciej "Passenty" Pasek - Two time ITC attendee. He has all Malifaux factions and can't play a single one so he plays Ressers.

Paweł "Edek" Korpal - Malifaux newbie but longtime Wh40k and Guild Ball veteran. If he doesn't complain during the game, call the referee. It's a doppelganger.

Krzysztof "Zły" Białek - The only player in the world that scores reveal and end schemes in Turn 2.

Radomir "irenka" Marcisz - Resident Neverborn. Rumours say he hasn't won a game since Collodi became DMH

Leszek "Mr Tutorial" Dziubek - UK Nationals Attendee. Former henchman that will gladly tell you how to beat him in the game.

Radosław Brylowski - Our weakest link. Winner of UK Nationals. Only non drinking Pole in the world.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Team Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 

Arcanists - Adam Wallis

Bayou - Luke Cocksedge (Captain)

Explorers - Dave Brown

Guild - Anthony Dudden 

Neverborn - Emma Newham 

Outcasts - Rich Waters

Ressers- Luke Athiko 

Ten Thunders - Alyx Drake

A team drawn from the rolling hills and deep valleys of Wales, even if only in their hearts. 

Dewch Ymlaen Cymru 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We at Team Spain didn't really want to introduce ourselves because our chief weapon is surprise. Well, surprise and fear. Our two main weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency. Card counting, as one may seem, is also in our favour. Our players are:

Andrés Suárez 'Kobosov', former Outcast-turned Guild because of my love of authoritarianism and red (which I actually can't properly see because of colour blindness). Captain because nobody else wanted to deal with the logistics of organizing a ragtag group of Spaniards travelling abroad.  I snore a lot. 

Roberto Cabañas 'BimVooDoo'. Streamer and co-hoster of the most popular (and only) Spanish Malifaux podcast (El Sótano del Honeypot, Honeypot's Basement). Still defends Ressers are good people. 

Alfonso Villar 'Afo'. He feels naked when he plays with less than seven cards and has cursed a lot since Magical Training wasn't available on Soulstone Miners. 

Felix Porras. Soloed Shenlong to undefeated victory at 2019 UK Nats. Couldn't come in 2021, but will most probably steamroll this years'. If it's not broken, you won't see it in his table. 

Moisés Ronda. I'm sure he can fit a 40K Titan in a 30 mm base, as he's done better conversions before. Host at the Azotea (Rooftop) where we like to dojo the most broken lists available.

Gustavo Castro 'Chou'. Also known as the "Avatar of the Black Joker". We think he's got a deck with 54 of them and likes to bring it to tournaments. Wins the rounds the day before at the pub. 

Gonzalo Ramos. Was happy to see Leveticus not being nerfed thrice in a row. Managed to get Top 10 in 2019 UK Nats and got close to it in last years'. Gets hard countered by gluten. 

Ángel Fernández 'CapnShinChan'. Galician by birth, Canadian by residence, a madman who managed to convince his girlfriend to allow him on a 9-hour plane trip to play with us. 

Victory isn't assured, but beer sure is. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The Black Joker is my shepard... everytime I shower I fear that when i open the curtains it is there... I swear it speaks to me in my dreams, it smells my hair while i sleep, it whispers nobody has to know about it, but then it appears in all its glory... If any of you have ever lost a black joker just contact me as it will be in my deck for sure. 

• Haha 3

Actually, 14h of plane, since I'll have to flight to Amsterdam first. I just had to bribe the missus, so I guess I'll be taking her to DisneyWorld in Orlando for her bday.

I believe this would the 2nd biggest investment of my life (probably the 1st one, depending on how @trikk and me will be doing at the pubs!) after buying a car (specially if we take into account how much I'll be paying for my partner's compensation 😅 No doubt it's gonna be worth it! :P (specially because I'm taking advantage and I'll be visiting the beautiful Scotland drinking whiskey and playing golf I guess...)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...