Kirai new title card

Korrok

She looks great. Seshin got a huge boost, since they can summon Gaki.

The Sundering not having an upper limit seems huge too. Getting to 4/5/6 or better isn't out of the question. With Adversary giving + and Revenge giving- she's going to hit like a truck.

• Agree 1

She relies a lot on healing... 13 wounds is good but she's def 5. Revenge can help if you activate early to put adversary on the most dangerous threat you're facing... 

Ghostly presence is a strong ability. 

Question : if you use my loyal servant on a full health minion and redirect the healing to Kirai with anchor to reality will Kirai heal at all (since the original target can't)?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The Sundering not having an upper limit seems huge too. Getting to 4/5/6 or better isn't out of the question. With Adversary giving + and Revenge giving- she's going to hit like a truck.

Physics-wise you can get 12 30mm models within 1" of a 30mm base.  Just an FYI for anyone who wants to be dumb and go for a min 13 attack :)

It's hard to get that many Urami minions there, but it's worth the once in a while laugh.  Just note that Gaki are melee range 0" so need to be on the inside of the circle of 12...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, SEV said:

: if you use my loyal servant on a full health minion and redirect the healing to Kirai with anchor to reality will Kirai heal at all (since the original target can't)?

My understanding is no. Since the minion at full health wouldn't heal. 

14 minutes ago, SEV said:

She relies a lot on healing... 13 wounds is good but she's def 5.

I think she's going to be fine. It looks like Seshin and Gaki are both on the menu now and they both provide quite a bit of healing for her to redirect. 

8 minutes ago, Cats Laughing said:

Just an FYI for anyone who wants to be dumb and go for a min 13 attack

Min 13 sounds hard, but with Swirling Spirits you only need a 4 to swirl your whole Seshin Swarm around and maybe even get a Gaki in the process. 

7 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Min 13 sounds hard, but with Swirling Spirits you only need a 4 to swirl your whole Seshin Swarm around and maybe even get a Gaki in the process. 

Min 13 also requires a way to see through models.( or a ht 3 target...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

Yeah, I think the standard will be hitting for 3 (one model summons one other), but that is enough to destroy almost anything.

Her Swirling spirits ability has by far THE most turn 1 movement potential.

With a mask or a crow she can move herself and:

Datsu ba, Ikiryo and a Seishin (18)

Ikiryo, Goryo, Seishin (17)

3 Drowned (18)

5 Seishin Ikiryo (18)

Lost Love, Onryo, Shikome, Seishin (19)

many more combos up the board 5 inches, her walk is also 5 inches.....something tells me she will never use a walk action especially turn 1. This in my opinion is her best ability. She's gunna be VERY fast.

Her Into Mist ability on Jaakuna Ubume (or another 50mm Ikiryo, Goryo) could protect the entire crew from pot shots as you overtake the center line first activation into the game on wedge with the sacrificial Onryo to launch into they crew for some "Join Us" fun before he gets splatted for pulsed out adversary. 

THIS my friends is the WP monster crew RedChapel should have been. Also Belles look to be an amazing OOK hire.

• Like 1

Question on "Revenge".

The way I see it, it can be interpreted two ways.

1) A :-flip on Wp duels on any enemy within 8" regardless of source, and a :-flip on any Actions targetting Kirai.
2) A :-flip on (Wp duels or Actions) targetting Kirai.

The latter doesn't make as much sense, but I've been tripped up by Wyrd's wording (see "another" prior to the latest FAQ) and their occasional self-conflicting wordings, to just assume it.

Basically, does Revenge cause a :-flip on Terror tests from Ikiryo, another Urami's Wp attacks, etc.

13 hours ago, SEV said:

Question : if you use my loyal servant on a full health minion and redirect the healing to Kirai with anchor to reality will Kirai heal at all (since the original target can't)?

FAQ fix it for cadmus, kirai won't heal this way.

23 hours ago, SEV said:

I disagree with the people before saying you cannot pish the heal.  And this is because it's worded as 'would' not 'heals.

Sloth + jedza both have 'would heal' effects that proc before healing itself happens (consumed by sloth + inevitably of death).  Hanged also has a would heal and a heals comment on entropic curse.

Cadmus and we are legion is different as the wording there is 'when this model heals' so that is after you check to see if a heal is valid.

Using jedza/sloth as an example she should follow the same rules and be able to push around heals even if the original heal target is at full.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, muraki said:

I disagree with the people before saying you cannot pish the heal.  And this is because it's worded as 'would' not 'heals.

Sloth + jedza both have 'would heal' effects that proc before healing itself happens (consumed by sloth + inevitably of death).  Hanged also has a would heal and a heals comment on entropic curse.

Cadmus and we are legion is different as the wording there is 'when this model heals' so that is after you check to see if a heal is valid.

Using jedza/sloth as an example she should follow the same rules and be able to push around heals even if the original heal target is at full.

My only issue with that is the exact wording of the FAQ, which I'm starting to think is a mistake. The sentence is a bit poorly written as well.

"13. *Chronicle(X) – If a model that has full Health Heals, does it trigger the Chronicle Abilities of models around it?*

1. No. Chronicle Abilities only resolve when a model “would Heal” because the model already has full Health and any additional Healing is ignored (see Healing Pg 25) making the Healing entirely ignored which is not considered Healing as its Health is not increased."

This FAQ refers to Chronicle Abilities only resolving when a model "would Heal" and therefore not working when a full health model gets a heal effect, which would indicate that "would Heal" effects don't work on full health models. The problem is that no Chronicle ability actually uses the "would Heal" wording, they all say "After another model within :aura6 Heals..." which makes me think that is what Wyrd meant the FAQ to call out.

This is a big problem for Jedza as well, because one of her best tactics is using her heal 1/2/3 action to deal unblockable but inefficient damage, which based on the above FAQ would require the target to already be missing enough health for the heal to restore a corresponding amount of health which is turned to damage.

21 hours ago, Jinn said:

This FAQ refers to Chronicle Abilities only resolving when a model "would Heal" and therefore not working when a full health model gets a heal effect, which would indicate that "would Heal" effects don't work on full health models. The problem is that no Chronicle ability actually uses the "would Heal" wording, they all say "After another model within :aura6 Heals..." which makes me think that is what Wyrd meant the FAQ to call out.

Yeah. I don't like the way that faq is written as chronicles says heals not would heal which makes me think the FAQs 'would heal' is more a wording thing in the text than a ruling that all would heal effects should be treated the same as 'heals' .

But then I've wanted a healing timing chart since jedza/cadmus were released to clear up these kind of questions and right now it's pretty murky.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Wow, chain gang on the enslaved spirits can generate join us...  So good!!

Edit: imagine you have a gaki on someone, you chain gang them and get a spirit in there. They fail and you summon another model. Now kirai is a min 4 beater against them xD

Basically pulled off a similar effect to this when I first tried kirai. This version is super fun to play. 

• Like 1

I want to play a maxed out cheap unit list. 3 gaki, 3 enslaved, 5 seshin. 

With Join Us, and Anchor to Reality I think Seshin could be competitive. If two die but get you Gaki in the process you're doing good. 

Hitting 13, if you're on a negative, will be hard. Or if Kirai just forces 15 tests an activation with Swirling Spirits.

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I want to play a maxed out cheap unit list. 3 gaki, 3 enslaved, 5 seshin. 

With Join Us, and Anchor to Reality I think Seshin could be competitive. If two die but get you Gaki in the process you're doing good. 

Hitting 13, if you're on a negative, will be hard. Or if Kirai just forces 15 tests an activation with Swirling Spirits.

I think you want to keep several slots free so you can summon something xD

But yeah, I can imagine hiring like 3 seishin, 2 enslaved spirits, 1 gaki for only 16 stones!

2 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I think you want to keep several slots free so you can summon something xD

I figure there will be significant casualties marching up the board. If they don't kill anything or spend AP killing Seshin so you don't get better summons that seems like a net win to me. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, 50 SS Enforcer said:

Has anyone gotten a game in? Would love to hear about it. 

I did, a month ago.

New Kirai vs New Viks, and it was a slaughter fest for Kirai.
My opponent had Bishop, Taylor, Vanessa, 2 ronin, Student of conflict.

I had Datsue Ba, 2 Goryo (1 of them with GST), 1 Gwisin (not sure that's the name...) and Jaakuna Ubume. 
At the end of Turn 4, beside the Viks, there was nothing left of the Enemy team.
New Kirai is sooooo bloodthirsty, and the crew has so much mobility (compared to the v1) that you can proc the "Join us" at least twice per turn. I summoned so much stuff with this list (2 Onryos, 1 gaki, 2 more seishin) that my opponent only managed to get 1 Strat Marker (we were playing on Symbols of authority) and none of his Schemes. The board was literally flooded with my summons and, of course they die quickly against the Viks, but once you manage to have a couple of your minions engaged on an Adversary enemy, there goes the crazy positive flips.
Kirai's attack is lethal, she dishes so much damage and even if she's fragile, you can easily protect her, and trust me, nobody would want to approach her when she has a Gwisin and a couple of Seishin close to her.

I played this game a month ago, as I said, so I can't remember exactly Schemes and score (Im not even sure about my list, to be honest), but sure as Hell my opponent was very frustrated. 
That being said, it was the first time game for my opponent with the new Viks and I suspect he didn't play as it was supposed to (Taylor was too far away and died too early in the game to use her anti-summon Action).

• Thanks 1

I had a game a couple of weeks ago vs new pandora+zorida. I did play a very big swarm:

Kirai - whisper

Iki

Onryo

Onryo

Gwisin *3

Lost love

Seshin *5

5 stones. 

Ended up loosing Iki turn one and failed to resummon him because of stunned on Kirai but I did not feel I miss him. Started with 13 activations in total. I think in average I lost 4-5 models a turn but it did not matter because I summoned around the same amount back. Won the game and I do not think I ended up under 13 activations until turn 4.  

The strategy was break the line which was handled by the gwinsins. I did not feel there was a lot of damage the crew did. I mainly used kirai to move my models to summon more and more stuff. Most of my oponents pieces were simply overwhelmed by small stuff. 

Seemed like something horribly frustrating to handle without blasts. 

The crew plays very different from Kirai 1 as it mainly uses a different set of models. Normally I always run Kirai 1 with Datsu ba and Jaakuna, but I did not miss neither of them. Nor did I miss the summoned Goryos. The gwinsin seemed to be very nice for running my schemes. They need a lot of effort to handle without sending min3 beaters to them as any attack directly targeting them hurts the attacker more then them unless it does min 3.

• Thanks 1