Monday Preview - Medical Automaton

Nef

Monday's aren't always great, but Malifaux previews make them better!  We are continuing looking at some additional art for models out of Broken Promises!  This week we are taking a look at the Medical Automaton.  Now to find out about the job this little robot does!

Working in the mines is dangerous work, and often times, there simply aren't enough doctors to ensure that every Contract Town has someone capable of treating wounds.

The Medical Automaton arose out of that need.  At first it was seen as a bit of a marvel as it was able to perform a number of complicated tasks just as well as a skilled doctor.  As it tended to more patients, though, its flaws started to become more apparent...

Wyrd_MondayPreview_10.9_2017.thumb.jpg.29dbebc3df19bf34d425df75dc40a441.jpg

• Like 9

I don't like the book one at all.

I love this one!

I think I have got very firm, previously unsuspected opinions about drawers in independent construct units, and how they shouldn't exist. (Been spoiled by mobile toolkits and the mechanical attendant having fully articulated tools.) Drawers are for human use!

10 minutes ago, manc84 said:

Am I the only one that goes against the stream and hate the design of these?

I prefer legged constructs (the previous design spec) to wheeled ones, but this one I'm OK with. Maybe because I have already accepted a bulbous shape with the mechanical attendant, which also has clamp arms, and the mobile toolkit.

42 minutes ago, EnternalVoid said:

... Might have to consider getting two boxes and use one for parts/conversions.  Might be useful making small constructs for TTB *good old tinker can start with one*. 

Wouldn't you get more construct bits out of a Hoffman box parted out? Or a Necrotic Machine that someone has thrown the sprue across the room, shouting 'nope'? These automata don't look like they will have very many pieces.

1 minute ago, Gnomezilla said:

Wouldn't you get more construct bits out of a Hoffman box parted out? Or a Necrotic Machine that someone has thrown the sprue across the room, shouting 'nope'? These automata don't look like they will have very many pieces.

Yes, which is why I have a mechanical attendant sprue about a foot away from my computer at this very second.  The rest of Hoffman's stuff tends to be height 2, not a lot of height 1 parts yet.  As for the necrotic machine, sadly the gentleman actually managed to build it regardless *give him props for his determination*.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2017 at 3:52 AM, Bazlord_Prime said:

Damn. With Joss, the Rail Golem, Soulstone Miners, Howard, the Mobile Toolkit - and now THIS!! - at his disposal, tell me again why Hoffman works for the Guild? ;)

i don't think that Hoffman gets this one. Unless it changed from the beta it's not M&SU.