One model to represent malifaux

Inquisitor Wall

Just out of curiousity, if you had to choose a single model to show someone who knows nothing of Malifaux what malifaux is about, which model would you choose?

My choice would be the new Plastic Sonia model because she shows the magic aspect, some of the western/steam punk feel, and just looks pretty awesome.

This is a cool question that I never considered. Since Malifaux is such a unique blend of various archetypes and genres, I think it's impossible to pick one model that has all of the qualities. That said, for the dark urban feel I would probably go with the desperate merc on the M2E cover too. I like the Death Marshal idea though!

If pictures of fated count, the female inventor on the fatemaster's almanac I think is a good choice as well.

I think it really depends on what aspect of the game  you are trying to sell. Seamus is good for selling the victorian horror aspects. Death Marshals for the "old west".
Lucius has always summed up, for me, the aspects of malifaux I really like.
Hoffman has always portrays the steampunk aspect for me. (Or the steamborg executioner if you like your steampunk less refined.)

No one model really represents malifaux.

• Like 1

Seamus sure is a strong contender but I think there are others that capture the Steampunk element more. Nicodem, Hoffman & Taelor for Example. It's hard to pick just one because Malifaux is comprised of many themes. So I'll break them down and pick models based on them

Horror - Seamus

Steampunk - Taelor

Western - Perdita

Victorian - Rotten Belles (crosses over with Horror but meh!) OR Performers maybe?

As for each faction, a model that represents and captures the essence of each faction is another story all together!

Guild - Lady Justice

Ressers - Nicodem

Arcanists - Ramos

Neverborn - Lilith

Outcasts - Von Schill / Viks (That one's a toughy!)

Ten Thunders - Misaki / Shenlong (Another toughy and as 10T are a mixture of themes I went with the most prevalent one which is the asian / oriental side of them)

Gremlins - Som'er

Finally the game as a whole would have to be - Male Desperate Merc. (Face it people, there's a reason he's the front cover of the M2E rulebook!  :D)