Lucius Box Mix Up

Saracenar

And? The sergeant may look totally different.

I like Dashel. May be weird that he doesn't use his axe in battle, but it's still not as weird as Seamus turning Killjoy into a Rotten Belle.

Ugh, my mind popped up an image for that - Killjoy in a dress, with a dainty hat on top.

For the "If I win the lottery" list - create a bunch of Rotten-Belle-ified conversions and start running a Seamus crew, just so I can make other players groan in dismay when their my new Belle is "accurately" represented.

• Like 1

Ugh, my mind popped up an image for that - Killjoy in a dress, with a dainty hat on top.

For the "If I win the lottery" list - create a bunch of Rotten-Belle-ified conversions and start running a Seamus crew, just so I can make other players groan in dismay when their my new Belle is "accurately" represented.

The only problem (well ok one of the problems) I can see with that is that you would have to carry around at least one of every model in the game. 

I suppose you could just have your butlers carry it for you.

• Like 1

Sorry, but it's pretty clear to me. The stats for the Guard Sergeant reflect the old Guild Guard Captain model (he has an axe, his charge is lower than average because he is fat). The stats for Dashel reflect the old Drill Sergeant model (he has a baton, he has the On Yer Feet ability, among others which the old Drill Sergeant used to have).

Not trying to sound rude, just stating it how I see it, and that personally I'm a bit put-off by it. I guess the only thing that's going to bother me is the stat cards, since I've got the whole metal crew painted and based so I'm not going to get the plastics anyway.

I'll be curious to see how the "actual" Guard Sergeants look.

• Like 1

I dunno...Dashel doesn't even strike me as fat - just "thick".  He's very solidly built and he's got a bit of a gut, but I'm guessing there'd be no jiggle to it.  Same as Mr. Graves, really.  The Executioners are definitely fat - Wyrd's gone through the trouble of rendering/sculpting the obvious fat and sway of such in the motion.  Dashel looks like a bruiser - someone who's going to be absurdly difficult to take down in a fight on his own merits.  The Executioners look like they may be difficult to take down as well, but it's more due to their equipment than their actual prowess.

I don't really like him - he doesn't feel like a Malifaux model necessarily, more of a tavern owner/brawler from an RPG.  It'll be interesting to see what people do with him.

I really don't like the direction they took with the Guild Guard. They look too rag-tag to me now, not like a police force at all. I guess the Arcanists are hitting soulstone shipments hard and the Guild can't afford to issue uniforms anymore. I also agree that Dashel looks way more like a reinterpretation of the old Guard Captain (now sergeant) than the Drill Sergeant that he was seemingly meant to be. Lucius and the Scribe look great, it's just too bad you can't get them separately. I have the old metal ones but I would like to have a Scribe and replace my Lucius with this cool new one. Oh well. And not to harp on about it, but the pose on the lady Guild Guard is just the worst.

• Like 2

I really don't like the direction they took with the Guild Guard. They look too rag-tag to me now, not like a police force at all. I guess the Arcanists are hitting soulstone shipments hard and the Guild can't afford to issue uniforms anymore. I also agree that Dashel looks way more like a reinterpretation of the old Guard Captain (now sergeant) than the Drill Sergeant that he was seemingly meant to be. Lucius and the Scribe look great, it's just too bad you can't get them separately. I have the old metal ones but I would like to have a Scribe and replace my Lucius with this cool new one. Oh well. And not to harp on about it, but the pose on the lady Guild Guard is just the worst.

Try to find a McM player who wants the Guild Guard and Lawyers for his Ressers. Share the Box. Profit.

• 3 weeks later...

In a related note, I've just opened the new Guild Arsenal pack, and the 2 cards for the Guild Sergent have different art, 1 that is the old captain, and one that is pretty close to the old Sergent, so Thank you Wyrd for a nice solution to the old scultps. (Granted I will use 1 as Dashel until I get the plastic box, but after that I can use them both as Sergents).  

• 2 weeks later...

I have a metal lucius box and i'm facing the same problem.

So if the old drill sergeant and the old fat capitain became 2 new guild sergeants, i have to find a mini for dashel (since i used the drill sergeant has dashel)!

Do you have some idea of proxy ? Or maybe it's very rare to use 2 guild sergeants as the same time and i can keep using the drill sergeant as dashel ?

I have a metal lucius box and i'm facing the same problem.

So if the old drill sergeant and the old fat capitain became 2 new guild sergeants, i have to find a mini for dashel (since i used the drill sergeant has dashel)!

Do you have some idea of proxy ? Or maybe it's very rare to use 2 guild sergeants as the same time and i can keep using the drill sergeant as dashel ?

This is pretty amazing, I think:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/274/196/dfd2ea98068823f467d9425bf4663910_large.jpg?1405276768

It's a KS exclusive but they haven't released the pledge manager yet, so just get in touch with someone who took part and order one.

I love the Dashell model.  I like his backstory and his rules.  I could see a simple upgrade card to give him his breaching axe back.  Then I would be a happy gamer!  Honestly, I still am.  Lucius' crew box is amazing and I am excited to learn how to use him!

Cheers,

KT

This is pretty amazing, I think:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/002/274/196/dfd2ea98068823f467d9425bf4663910_large.jpg?1405276768

It's a KS exclusive but they haven't released the pledge manager yet, so just get in touch with someone who took part and order one.

As a side note- Infamy has announced that they'll be allowing new pledges soon.  We don't know exactly when or exactly the venue (presumably via their website).  But keep an eye on that if you're looking to grab that mini.