M2E Vassal Module

Thrawnic

How did your game go? :)

See this post!

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to expand my Jakob Lynch' crew, my purchase so far:

starter box (of course)

Beckoner (2)

Mr. Graves

Doppleganger

After some games under my belt with these guys I will have a better understand how this crew works, next models:

Depleted (1)

Stitched Together

Mr. Tannen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is definitely a fantastic module - well done!

But, on behalf of my inner copy-editor, can we get "Scintillating" spelled correctly in the next release? ;)

Don't use the Scintillating marker. It's not the correct size (too small). The marker should be 1" diameter from a 30mm marker. I typically go to the Story Encounter markers and scroll down to the Gem marker and use that with a 1" Aura, just relabel it, but any 30mm marker you like will do.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any chance of updates to the Vassal module? (Option for one of us to help update it?) It would be nice for some more terrain types (for example snow) to be added and the pogs to be sorted out a bit.

Also my friend and I quite commonly encounter a bug in which dragging a model somewhere rather than using the arrow keys to move it causes the other person to de-sync.

A less common issue is that sometimes one of the decks will bug out and will refuse to reshuffle or behave properly.

Edited by Astrella

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2015/11/29 at 3:57 PM, Astrella said:

Is there any chance of updates to the Vassal module? (Option for one of us to help update it?) It would be nice for some more terrain types (for example snow) to be added and the pogs to be sorted out a bit.

I've looked into the Vassal stuff recently, and there's two different realms of things.

The Vassal module itself is editable by the Vassal client, so it seems that anyone can edit a Vassal module to add new images or fix missing elements themselves.  Then it's just a matter of figuring out who to give the updated file to.

If there's a bug in the Vassal client (or a mild annoyance like the Spacer class warning), that looks like it's a little bit more involved.

If, like me, you're trying to follow through on a joke threat to add a non-Euclidean map option to the client, that probably falls under the "Grok the Vassal Java code, and figure out where to add the new functions" side of things.  :tome

• 3 months later...

With somme buddies, we want to try a 4 players game by Vassal. So I edited the module.

I have successefully add the possibility for a player 3 and a 4th to connect as well as having a private sideboard. However, when I tried to add their decks by the copy/paste method plus changing everything refering to player number by another, it doesn't work. The wyrdest thing being that no deck appear in the window dedicated to it. When I tried to go a new, it seems that I can't make appear any deck anywhere in the module.

I have created a new module to test my method, and in it, it works.

Does anyone tried this before or have an idea ? Thanks in advance. 

• 1 month later...

Not sure. I sent a couple people a message about it, but if need be you can download it from my google drive folder for now. Go to the link below, then click the download button (downward pointing arrow in the top middle of the screen). It's a 92 MB file, so you'll get a warning saying it's too big to scan. Still, it's there if you need it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9CZoQjh58SicUpaVEtuby1DOWM

• Like 2

The other poster sent me a message saying he was able to download it. Did you go to the page and then click the download arrow at the top center of the page? I tested it out on a friend's pc before I linked it to ensure that it worked properly (as I rarely, if ever, use google downloads)?

If you still can't get it to work, send me a message on Skype and I can upload the file to you from there. My Skype name is: asrian42

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 14/06/2016 at 7:57 AM, asrian said:

The other poster sent me a message saying he was able to download it. Did you go to the page and then click the download arrow at the top center of the page? I tested it out on a friend's pc before I linked it to ensure that it worked properly (as I rarely, if ever, use google downloads)?

If you still can't get it to work, send me a message on Skype and I can upload the file to you from there. My Skype name is: asrian42

Just want to say a big thank you for this.