New perdita

Korrok

3 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I don't think so. Normally you lose an Upgrade when you replace, unless it explicitly says otherwise. 

The criteria for keeping this Upgrade is very specific.

Its an summon uograde so you keep it and give It when it's replace.

So if Pistolero die you replace with Death Marshal and he get +1 and trigger on his attacks (plus the abilitie of the card) for 3/4/6 damage and if he kills a model heals 2 + 2 for the upgrade when replace with Monster Hunter.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'm going to come out and say it.

I'm disappointed she doesn't have her flying kittycat mount.

Found her Avatar a couple weeks back, and was hoping to get it on the table. 

I know how you feel.  I saw the words "Neverborn Hunter", thought about her M2E scene with the settlers and just hoped that it was meant the other way.  😈

• Like 1

A scenario to keep an eye out for with Intuition:

Top 3 cards: 6:mask, 1, 11

Trick Shot friendly model, don’t relent. Flip 6 on attack, flip 1 for defense (on Mv). 12-6 results in straight flip. Declare Ricochet trigger. 

Move your model 3”, flip the 11 for 4 unresisted damage to an enemy model within 3” of your model. 

Taking into account control hand/stones this is a pretty easy trick to pull off… seem alright…

Less common, but if you see the RJ in top 3… Relent that duel and flip RJ for Ricochet’s damage. Ouch! 5 unresisted damage. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Even just messing around solo in Vassal seeing how Turn 1s work with new Dita are convincing me this title is far different than her original. More so than at first glance. I think we tend to compare the damage output from her Gun and say “it’s worse” because of Stat 6, but in practice (albeit not game practice) she seems far far different. 

I had setup a BtL game. Typically one of her AP will be to Summon. In BtL she can activate after one of your models has thrown the strat, then Trick Shot that model to push into base and A Por El to throw it again. 

With the Mark the Target trigger and Abuela the Pistoleros you summon can take a Stat 6 shot at a + with a crow to put adversary out super easy. So already that’s her 3 AP. Then pulse shielded. So while she very well can shoot on her own I think this version of Perdita’s gun will more so be used only when needed - especially with its triggers. This Perdita I plan on playing more as a support master and really taking advantage of Hand Sculpting. 

Also neat that with her shield pulse you can more often use her totem’s charge/obey if you have a low mask. Ping the 1 damage to the Shielded then obey that target for an 8 of any suit - not bad!! 

• Like 1

looking at crew composition, it looks like it'll be quite a different crew from Perdita1.

Papa is a lot more viable, between LLC and Hag hunter his lacking willpower will be a lot less detrimental.

Guild mage is probably going to be a stable in this crew.

Between Dita giving out shielded and the heals of the guild mage Santiago seems like he might survive (a bit longer). Also I'd say he's preferable to a guild steward now due to keyword synergies. 

I played against her with McMourning 2, and the things that stood out the most were the summons, the card draw, and the extra action shenanigans (since it got so efficient to do so much).

I haven't played against Perdita 1, but this one seemed very impressive.

It was hard to get a proper gauge though because I got lucky and landed 6 pouncing strikes in a turn, so that was like 18-36 damage...

Size: 50 - Pool: 6 (or 5 with Papa)
Leader:
  Perdita Ortega
    Lead-Lined Coat
Totem(s):
  Enslaved Nephilim
Hires:
  Francisco Ortega
  Santiago Ortega
  Nino Ortega
  Sly "Six-Shots" (or Papa Loco)
  Abuela Ortega
  Guild Mage

I wanna try this (maybe Sly for Papa Loco). Looks funny and better than the original Perdita.

Pewpewdita Owtega (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 4/5
Leader:
  Perdita Ortega - Neverborn Hunter
Totem(s):
  Enslaved Nephilim
Hires:
  Santiago Ortega
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Abuela Ortega
  Francisco Ortega
    Lead-Lined Coat
  Guild Steward
  Guild Lawyer/Sly
  Guild Mage

@trikk do you still see the lawyer as a good support piece for the new perdita? Seems to me this is one of the few crews where I wouldn't bring him, most of what he does is already being done by perdita. I also think 4 stones is very light for a master that wants to summon at least twice, but I don't know, her card draw plus intuition might mean she doesn't need to stone for summon. 

Nephilim hunter is always worth summoning, as its essentially a bonus action thanks to the free attack and I can't see why I wouldn't summon turn 1.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

@trikk do you still see the lawyer as a good support piece for the new perdita? Seems to me this is one of the few crews where I wouldn't bring him, most of what he does is already being done by perdita. I also think 4 stones is very light for a master that wants to summon at least twice, but I don't know, her card draw plus intuition might mean she doesn't need to stone for summon. 

Nephilim hunter is always worth summoning, as its essentially a bonus action thanks to the free attack and I can't see why I wouldn't summon turn 1.

Lawyer lets you get another Stat 8 attack from Francisco and Tools lets you fish for that ram (since its an 8+) to skip stones. 

1 hour ago, trikk said:

Lawyer lets you get another Stat 8 attack from Francisco and Tools lets you fish for that ram (since its an 8+) to skip stones. 

I was thinking at something similar but with Nino + Loco-LLC instead of Santiago-LLC + lawyer. I have always been disapointed by Santiago in my familiy games while the duo Loco and Nino is ok. They are both cost 7 and can A Por El one another 

11 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

I was thinking at something similar but with Nino + Loco-LLC instead of Santiago-LLC + lawyer. I have always been disapointed by Santiago in my familiy games while the duo Loco and Nino is ok. They are both cost 7 and can A Por El one another 

My issue with Nino is that he dies the moment someone looks at him. I got him killed multiple times after 1 activation. Santiago OTOH has some utility (I've got your back, Sober Up) and with ignoring concealment from Bestial Hunter he should dish out significant damage. And LLC + Shielded should keep him alive to maybe have a grit activation.

I never used Loco, but mostly because he doesn't fit in my crews. 

Might just be me, but I find 7 stones for an extra attack is expensive, now that perdita pulses out shielded and card draw and a por el! is less of an issue. 

Loco is a model I had a hard time fitting in (outside of a loco, doppel and agent shockwave spam, lucius list). He seems a lot more viable now that you can prevent your opponent from using him to go ham on your crew. With LLC he's quite survivable and can actually get to where he needs to dish out the hurt. 

32 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

Might just be me, but I find 7 stones for an extra attack is expensive, now that perdita pulses out shielded and card draw and a por el! is less of an issue. 

Loco is a model I had a hard time fitting in (outside of a loco, doppel and agent shockwave spam, lucius list). He seems a lot more viable now that you can prevent your opponent from using him to go ham on your crew. With LLC he's quite survivable and can actually get to where he needs to dish out the hurt. 

In my recent memory I lost 2 Dita games. In both of them Dita did not have LLC and that's why I lost them so I dunno if I want to invest 2SS into an unreliable model.

I do think they lawyer is definitely skippable in Dita2. But with Lawyer, Dita and Abuela you can really get a ton of unexpected Francisco attacks