New perdita

Korrok

The combination of Family Values and Bravado through the crew, Head of the Ortegas and A Por El, is some massive action economy.

Take an action, have a friendly model concentrate, move them 4", draw a card, and if it's mediocre, take an action at end of activation.

That's not even taking into account the Pistolero/Monster Hunter/upgrade stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

The combination of Family Values and Bravado through the crew, Head of the Ortegas and A Por El, is some massive action economy

Agreed. A Por El is now card cycling if they Concentrate near Perdita. 

The summon is pretty great too. Pistileros with +1 and a built in :ramokay  offensive models. If they make it to Monster Hunter they're sitting in stat 6 built in Family Values attacks.

And the upgrades absolutely devastate some crews. Big No Obey Aura. Ignore Incorporeal, Ignore Blasts or Black Blood. Ignoring Terrain shenanigans is going to be rough on a lot of crews. The summons may become a priority target. Which is pretty ideal for a summoned model with Shielded 2. 

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

And the upgrades absolutely devastate some crews. Big No Obey Aura. Ignore Incorporeal, Ignore Blasts or Black Blood. Ignoring Terrain shenanigans is going to be rough on a lot of crews. The summons may become a priority target. Which is pretty ideal for a summoned model with Shielded 2.

Not to mention that an opponent shooting at easily replaced 4pt models means the more individually impactful family models are not being picked on as much.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

Not to mention that an opponent shooting at easily replaced 4pt models means the more individually impactful family models are not being picked on as much.

Yeah it pee your opponent in a really bad position. They either ignore the model as it shuts down a lot of thier crew's power, or they burn AP killing it knowing it's coming back next turn. 

It's a bit strange too since, while it makes Pistileros and Monster Hunters more important to the crew, there's even less of a reason to ever hire them.

34 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

The upgrade not vanishing means that once you have a monster hunter you can keep getting 2 health back on a kill as nothing in the rule stops a monster hunter replacing itself with a monster hunter right?

Two caveats:

1.  Taking the replace as the new model may be difficult in use.  Replace isn't allowed to go over the model limit, even if it's only temporary, so you'd only be able to do that if it was the only Monster Hunter on the table.  And you'll set off the 'when this upgrade is attached' effect.

2.  Probably you don't have to replace to get the Heal 2.  Because it's "When... this model may X.  Then Y." instead of "... this model may X.  If it does so, Y."

So...  

35 minutes ago, belorey said:

Oooo someone say, if you play with Death Marshal Recruiter when pistolero die you can replace with a Death Marshal and keep the upgrade. So if the new Death Marshal kill's somebody can replace with Monster Hunter.

I don't think so. Normally you lose an Upgrade when you replace, unless it explicitly says otherwise. 

The criteria for keeping this Upgrade is very specific.

23 minutes ago, belorey said:

Oooo someone say, if you play with Death Marshal Recruiter when pistolero die you can replace with a Death Marshal and keep the upgrade. So if the new Death Marshal kill's somebody can replace with Monster Hunter.

Because it's a Summoning upgrade, the Specialty upgrade gets attached at the end of step 3, yeah.  

Note that these upgrades, unlike most Summoning upgrades, are NOT plentiful, so are by default unique.

38 minutes ago, belorey said:

That's an interesting idea. But the "don't discard this upgrade" is only in the Expert Hunter rule, not on the upgrade generally or on the DMR

I'm pretty stoked for Thick Padding. You could play hyper aggressive with Papa Loco chucking dynamite right next to your own crew and not having to worry about his explosive demise. 

5 minutes ago, solkan said:

Because it's a Summoning upgrade, the Specialty upgrade gets attached at the end of step 3, yeah.  

Nice. I missed that. 

Interesting. Idk about paying 9 for OoK DMR, but it's neat for a minion with a stat 6 and built in 3/4/6. Also it would make it even harder for the opponent to get rid of the Aura.

Really happy, first Guild master I'm genuinely excited about. Which is a bit weird, but I think it's because I was already playing Hoffman, Sonnia and Justice. So I was happy with those, but this one has me excited to get Perdita on the table where I wasn't that interested before. Perdita looks fun and I really like that it makes (some) of her keyword models really useful as well. This is what I had hoped for out of these releases. Winter themed model is nice too (well the art is anyway).

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, solkan said:

. . . 

2.  Probably you don't have to replace to get the Heal 2.  Because it's "When... this model may X.  Then Y." instead of "... this model may X.  If it does so, Y."

So...  

Seems right, you get to choose to replace. Then heal 2 ("This model") regardless of choice (or lack of choice if two monster hunters are already out). Maybe you might choose to stay a Pistolero if you needed a third AP in the last turn? Kill a model (unlikely) get a scheme marker, move, drop/pick up second marker.

I feel like Abuela gets better with this version of Perdita. Those Pistoleros really become potent particularly out of activation. Stat 5 gun in activation, Shielded to ping the Reckless to. Stat 6 OOA if within Abuela’s LoS. Oh and let’s not forget about adding a Crow and giving out Adversary (Family). That should be able to kill something. If it does, the Monster Hunter shooting a Sz 3+ model OOA can be Stat 8 with Abuela and within 2” of a friendly Family model.

Also Abuela will see more OOA shooting with Six Shot’s trigger on False Claim, as well as Perdita’s trigger on Trick Shot. 

The first list I’m going to try is every family Enforcer and higher, and an upgrade on a model depending on pool. Leaves you with 6 stones. 

I want to use Santiago with shielded to take an A Por El shot from Perdita or whatever, then cheat a high mask and ping that trigger damage on the shielded for Frantic Attack and get two stat 7 shots out of it. Santiago may be viable with the added survivability from Perdita’s shielding and other threats. 

This Perdita looks like so much fun and I love her already 😍😍😍 The upgrades are sooooo good. I feel like she really could fall into a Generalist category here. So much action economy it’s crazy and the upgrades prepare you for whatever is thrown at you!! 

48 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

So other than having a slightly better attack stat why would you want to take the original Perdita over this new version?

Analyze Weakness seems pretty good depending on matchup. But yeah, mostly this new title I think. Not that it’s fantastic on a Master, but she could remove scheme markers at range???

OG Perdita has more straight up raw power too. New one will require more finesse I think. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

So other than having a slightly better attack stat why would you want to take the original Perdita over this new version?

You take OG Perdita when you need Analyze Weakness and/or having summons is a liability.

Also, OG Perdita is pretty good at obliterating models in a way this one isn't.

There's a couple fringe cases (mass low quality shooting crews, the need for ranged Schemeremoval) where it might be better.

But this one is definitely the one you take if you're needing to be adaptable.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Morgan Vening said:

You take OG Perdita when you need Analyze Weakness and/or having summons is a liability.

Also, OG Perdita is pretty good at obliterating models in a way this one isn't.

There's a couple fringe cases (mass low quality shooting crews, the need for ranged Schemeremoval) where it might be better.

But this one is definitely the one you take if you're needing to be adaptable.

Glad to see we’re on the same page 😂