Tara and 33

Pallas4

I feel the main use of rewind is to yoyo beaters in and out of the opponents crew. You can hit TNB with rewind, then bury him. When he activates, unbury him do in the enemy crew, have him take his swings, then at the end of the activation, he pops back to the marker so he can't get hit.

I'm really excited for both these models. They seem like low floor, high ceiling types

Can we also talk about Stutter Time for a moment? This seems like the easiest access to pass tokens within the faction. For just a 3:crow targeting a friendly model, you get two pass tokens. This feels every bit as potent as anything else on her card.

I'm wondering how much this can be abused? Obviously you'll be taking Aionus. However you can also look at Bishop and Hans who can also generate multiple pass tokens.

Taking them does cut into Obliteration synergy so maybe your loosing out on efficiencies elsewhere. I am curious, though. 

Some wise man talked us about Hans. 

Not the best plot in the world, but there is it. 

Hans discards a :crowand puts Staggered+Stunned+Distracted on a model. 

Talos puts Burning on the same model (and buries it) 

Then the Scion puts fast on the same model, and makes 10 damage with a single attack. 

The fact is that Hans sinergizes with the crew. Maybe not outstandingly, but there is the shenanigan. 

1 hour ago, Zebo said:

The fact is that Hans sinergizes with the crew. Maybe not outstandingly, but there is the shenanigan. 

I think ranged staggered is going to be great with Rewind.
They go back to where they started, at the beginning of their activation, and -2mv and no friendly help means there's a good chance they didn't get anywhere useful in an a single activation.

1 hour ago, Jordon said:

Can we also talk about Stutter Time for a moment? This seems like the easiest access to pass tokens within the faction. For just a 3:crow targeting a friendly model, you get two pass tokens. This feels every bit as potent as anything else on her card.

I was wondering about that too. It seems to me that Tara wants to go first and use Lost in the Moment to activate a lot of her crew while forcing the opponent to pass, hopefully burying a bunch and getting them out of position. The pass tokens doesn't seem to help too much with that.
But they can always be held on to to get better initiative next turn.

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I think ranged staggered is going to be great with Rewind.
They go back to where they started, at the beginning of their activation, and -2mv and no friendly help means there's a good chance they didn't get anywhere useful in an a single activation.

That's a pretty good point. I've been toying with ideas around locking an enemy beater in their deployment zone Turn 1. If you tag them (ideally with a Mask trigger) Turn 1 before they activate, then wait until Hans activates and tags them with Staggered before rewinding them, they're probably not going to contribute to the game until Turn 3 or even 4.

Something I like about Tara 2 is that she makes aonius much less necessary. She has both the ability to unbury friendly models and generate pass tokens. I noticed a similar thing with Yan Lo2 and chiaki. I think they're trying to make specific utility pieces not feel like they're mandatory to play the crew.

• Agree 2

Anyone play some games with Timeless and 33 here? Any general ideas for directions of list building? One thing I realized you could do is use Karina to Time Warp turn 1 and 33 after that to perpetually fish out the black joker and another useful card, a crow of some sort for more pass tokens, for the rest of the game. You can pitch the joker safely at the start of every turn to keep drawing up your full hand size. 

I've tried them twice. They work well together with Tara using rewind on 33, burying him and then using expedite to unbury him and make him charge, burying and enemy and then pulling 33 back to the rewind marker. Then use Talos/Scion/Nothing Beast/all three to beat up whatever thing you buried.

Generally speaking you'll want incorporeal models since they synergize very well with rewind, being able t reduce the damage to keep the echo marker to 0 and the damage from burnout to 1. If you intend to bury enemies you'll pretty much need 33 since you lost the ability to spam glimpse the void. Talos is often too slow to bury stuff but he's still great if you brought 33.

Though as I said, I've only tried them twice.

• Like 1

Emissary for deployment to deployment, even in corner (measured in Vassal) attack with 33, bury someone, then go back to your echo marker, close to your deployment zone. It seems brutal.

Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Tara
Totem(s):
  Karina
Hires:
  Hodgepodge Emissary
  The Nothing Beast
  Talos
  Scion of the Void
  Prospector

I guess is:

Tara activates first. Targets 33 with Rewind and burn Out, giving him fast. Then targets 33 with Expedite and makes him walk (6"). 

Then 33 can walk twice (18") And charge (24") 

EDIT: In fact, if 33 activates near Emissary, that turns into 27".

EDIT 2: Fuck, I forgot about A Wery Road. That would turn into 30"

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Axelst said:

In standard deployment, if Tara starts within 3" of the emissary she can make 33 charge something in the enemy deployment zone in the first activation of turn 1 and then pull him back into her own deployment zone.

The best part is that the enemy can't even save their model by activating it as since it's been pine boxed and not Glimpsed, it pops back up next to 33 who's now back in your DZ. If it's a rg1 melee model, use 2 places at one to put it 2" from the Nothing Beast so it's essentially slow and then it's solitary attack has distracted!

Then kill at your leisure since it's in the middle of your crew!

Sounds fun (for the Tara player, at least)!

Hmm... starting to really come around to this Tara. She still has a huge skill cap, but she has so many tricks!

Also, unless the art's been mirrored (as Wyrd has a habit of doing), did anyone else notice that the claw has swapped hands (at least from the nightmare sculpt)?

54 minutes ago, Da Git said:

The best part is that the enemy can't even save their model by activating it as since it's been pine boxed and not Glimpsed, it pops back up next to 33 who's now back in your DZ. If it's a rg1 melee model, use 2 places at one to put it 2" from the Nothing Beast so it's essentially slow and then it's solitary attack has distracted!

Then kill at your leisure since it's in the middle of your crew!

Sounds fun (for the Tara player, at least)!

Hmm... starting to really come around to this Tara. She still has a huge skill cap, but she has so many tricks!

...and Tara can keep the victim buried for an activation for Scion to beat it with min3 attacks, too. I am not sure it this requires much skill and don't think it is really funny even for Tara player to delete a key model (even master if needed) the very first turn with no real way to stop it. Especially with only a combo of two models (and 13, 2x6+ card).

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, malyzubor said:

...and Tara can keep the victim buried for an activation for Scion to beat it with min3 attacks, too. I am not sure it this requires much skill and don't think it is really funny even for Tara player to delete a key model (even master if needed) the very first turn with no real way to stop it. Especially with only a combo of two models (and 13, 2x6+ card).

But to do that you have to end the Distracted. You also have to somehow bury the Scion to get that minimum 3. And, whilst you have a crew that can all attack the model, they do have to still attack it. 

6 minutes ago, Adran said:

But to do that you have to end the Distracted. You also have to somehow bury the Scion to get that minimum 3. And, whilst you have a crew that can all attack the model, they do have to still attack it. 

I am not quite sure which Distracted has to be removed (I am probably missing someting). Scion can easily be buried with Stutter Time during Tara's activation (or NB's, while Tara holds the victim buried for another actiovation).

8 minutes ago, malyzubor said:

I am not quite sure which Distracted has to be removed (I am probably missing someting). Scion can easily be buried with Stutter Time during Tara's activation (or NB's, while Tara holds the victim buried for another actiovation).

For Tara to delay an activation she has to end a condition on the model. The pine box gives distracted +1, so the model does have a conditon to end, but it generally means she can only delay it 1 activation

To get 33 to charge a model in the deployment in the first activation Tara has to bury 33, so she can't bury the Scion.

These are all issues that you can work around, but every time you add in a work around, you also give the opponent  more time to counter.  So if you bury the Scion before the 33 run, then you allow the enemy to activate something which may block the charge you want.