Nexus: An NPE like no other

Kharnage

4 hours ago, Drfaust176 said:

I think the relenting discussion is vague enough to warrant an FAQ- I see FWJ’s point, and I would prefer it function in that vein, but I think it the wording on it all could lead the to Plaag’s reading. It seems like relenting a duel that your opponent is flipping for shouldn’t be a thing, honestly.

2 hours ago, SEV said:

They should just do a FAQ after each major release and take the time to address all corner cases they know of (see what WotC do after the release of each set)... Having so many corner cases and no official answer from the actual company that make the game is ridiculous and can be infuriating for tournament players.

This is even more needed because wyrd is not particularly tight in his wordings and templating...

After a year of playing this (amazing) game this is by far my biggest complaint.

yup. too bad we have to wait until GG2 for that to be updated...

11 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

On the flip side, FAQs have a lot of unintended consequences. See ruling on 'another', which may have broken more things than it resolved.

Nah, you were supposed to be able to ricochet back into the model you just shot for a +4 damage boost.  It was the only way to nerf the incomprehensible power of Nekima, don't you know?  By the way, we're not touching Dreamer. 

Wyrd's approach to FAQs was dated 10 years ago, but at this point it's carbon dated.  I understand why they don't want to have their rulings on the forums in forum threads because I've seen that and boy it makes the game require a goddamn bible to know what the actual rules are (and points where two answers are contradictory because they're not properly thought through) but at this point the FAQ contains nerfs, and it's almost ridiculous the stupid Ricochet issue STILL hasn't been resolved in 2021. 

How can we be stuck waiting a year for a rules issue their own FAQ created?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, RisingPhoenix said:

Nah, you were supposed to be able to ricochet back into the model you just shot for a +4 damage boost.  It was the only way to nerf the incomprehensible power of Nekima, don't you know?  By the way, we're not touching Dreamer. 

Wyrd's approach to FAQs was dated 10 years ago, but at this point it's carbon dated.  I understand why they don't want to have their rulings on the forums in forum threads because I've seen that and boy it makes the game require a goddamn bible to know what the actual rules are (and points where two answers are contradictory because they're not properly thought through) but at this point the FAQ contains nerfs, and it's almost ridiculous the stupid Ricochet issue STILL hasn't been resolved in 2021. 

How can we be stuck waiting a year for a rules issue their own FAQ created?

dont forget to add modifier flip for healing and def triggers)

So, I'm slowly working through this thread (page 14 at the moment) so if this has already been brought up forgive me, but I had two thoughts at the moment. 

1. Not that Cadmus needs any help, but has anyone tried hiring in a lamplighter OOK for plus flips every activation? (multiple if you have stacking lamp auras) Could be that it might not be worth the stones as the engine being run seems quite efficient already.

2. I'm of the general opinion that it would be far better to have keywords in general be tuned down at release rather than tuned up and brought down later. Players will usually struggle with new things anyway, even a crew that will be proven fine in the course of time, but that doesn't seem to be the case here so I see no harm moving on the side of caution. That being said, there are plenty of minor tweaks that could be made without cuddling Cadmus into the ground. For instance, Meredith's "Fungus among us" ability could be changed to be at the end of her activation. Now you don't double dip from the cryptologist and it means she's going to have to stick around in one spot if you want your previous activations set ups to work. 
I recognize this particular example wasn't the main problem and there isn't a simple solution to everything, but surely minor changes could make this a better play experience, right? 

1 hour ago, AverageGatsby said:

2. I'm of the general opinion that it would be far better to have keywords in general be tuned down at release rather than tuned up and brought down later. Players will usually struggle with new things anyway, even a crew that will be proven fine in the course of time, but that doesn't seem to be the case here so I see no harm moving on the side of caution. That being said, there are plenty of minor tweaks that could be made without cuddling Cadmus into the ground. For instance, Meredith's "Fungus among us" ability could be changed to be at the end of her activation. Now you don't double dip from the cryptologist and it means she's going to have to stick around in one spot if you want your previous activations set ups to work. 
I recognize this particular example wasn't the main problem and there isn't a simple solution to everything, but surely minor changes could make this a better play experience, right? 

Guild and Neverborn are tuned down :P 

• Respectfully Disagree 2

2 hours ago, AverageGatsby said:

1. Not that Cadmus needs any help, but has anyone tried hiring in a lamplighter OOK for plus flips every activation? (multiple if you have stacking lamp auras) Could be that it might not be worth the stones as the engine being run seems quite efficient already.

I tried it, it's nice, though I prefer them in dua/apex :) 

35 minutes ago, Assdex said:

Fuhatsu and shenlong , can't beat cadmus. I pick good crew drain his hand and it still not enough. 

If husk got summon upgrage and legion will 1 per activation i think it can be beatble. 

And nerf damn archivist.

That sounds rough, and yeah Archivist is bonkers.

One question though - why take Fuhatsu into the matchup? He is basically guaranteed to get a parasite token (being a low df, low wp, gun turret type model). And a lot of the models you want to be mowing down are tricky to kill with Fuhatsu (nests are hard to wound for example).

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

One question though - why take Fuhatsu into the matchup? He is basically guaranteed to get a parasite token (being a low df, low wp, gun turret type model). And a lot of the models you want to be mowing down are tricky to kill with Fuhatsu (nests are hard to wound for example).

fuhatsu need to be taken almost in every tt crew

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 3

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Cause he got minigun. 4/6/8 shoot . 4 shots . It can kill stuff no matter with htw. 

Yes he foto parassite bit most of time he in backline and shoot.

Charms Easy drain hand. 

If i get enough luck i can win . But too many free resources in cadmus

8 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I understand it is a fantastic model, but is it good against Cadmus?

Same way people keep taking Serena Bowman into Cadmus. She is a great model, but becomes a lot worse when it is trivial to ignore her demise.

If not damn archivist and ill omen fufu can kill nexux on start of second round.

26 minutes ago, Assdex said:

Cause he got minigun. 4/6/8 shoot . 4 shots . It can kill stuff no matter with htw. 

So you're spending stones for crit strike and having the rams for it(granted not hard against df 4)?

And yeah you'll deal good damage to a model, but that's still 3 actions to kill a berserker husk. Or what if all you have to attack is a spell eater behind cover? Now you can't even get min 4.

28 minutes ago, Assdex said:

Charms Easy drain hand. 

Suit dependent on a non-soulstone user. Even when not agaimst cadmus it's an unreliable plan.

32 minutes ago, Assdex said:

If i get enough luck i can win .

This is already the sign of a bad plan, regardless of what you're playing against.

So yes, Fuhatsu is good into most stuff(too good if we're being honest), but most of his bonuses are negated by Cadmus.

31 minutes ago, Assdex said:

If not damn archivist and ill omen fufu can kill nexux on start of second round.

Even with the Archivist you should be getting first activation of turn 2 because of pass tokens. As for Fuhatsu killing Nexus start of turn 2, that's only going to happen of Fuhatsu isn't in your backline, meaning he has a parasite token on him and probably a husk in his face.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, santaclaws01 said:

So you're spending stones for crit strike and having the rams for it(granted not hard against df 4)?

And yeah you'll deal good damage to a model, but that's still 3 actions to kill a berserker husk. Or what if all you have to attack is a spell eater behind cover? Now you can't even get min 4.

Suit dependent on a non-soulstone user. Even when not agaimst cadmus it's an unreliable plan.

This is already the sign of a bad plan, regardless of what you're playing against.

So yes, Fuhatsu is good into most stuff(too good if we're being honest), but most of his bonuses are negated by Cadmus.

Even with the Archivist you should be getting first activation of turn 2 because of pass tokens. As for Fuhatsu killing Nexus start of turn 2, that's only going to happen of Fuhatsu isn't in your backline, meaning he has a parasite token on him and probably a husk in his face.

warders have any suit they want, and husk replaces with 6 health, sometimes u will have moderate or rj with negatives, so this is a good plan

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

Suit from chi . And still think Better shoot cadmus , not figth

Man , i can't topdeck 4+ to heal Yulia. And black against creeper. I think It kind of bad luck .

1 hour ago, katadder said:

He can't, so someone's playing wrong as he's not a Monk.

I don't think he's as good as people assume, make use of cover and keep him low damage 

maybe u will read previous posts-warders can use chi and have any suit and fuhatsu is one of the best henchmans in the game, cannt find reason not to take him in every crew