After a couple of games, I think I am tentatively going to call it a buff.
+++ Soulstone usage. Absolutely a game changer, Sparks has now seen Turn 5 in every game I have used him. It also makes Sparks very good at certain Schemes, like Hidden Martyrs. In fact, I have had opponent say they don't even want to bother attacking Sparks now, since he can Stone away the first attack and Scamper away from the second.
++Synergy with the Porkchop. Previously, Sparks and the Porkchop had dis-synergy which was unfortunate and sad. Since the Porkshop can't benefit from Fast twice, there was no reason to use Now Yer A Robot on it. Now however, Sparks can give the Porkchop a Fourth Action which is very powerful. Being able to set up Vent Steam early, or even just taking an extra Walk Action is very strong. Plus, Reckless damage is both prevented by Shielded, AND procs Packed With Explosives.
++Increased Versatility. The advantage that Command Construct has over Burn Out is that it is more versatile. Being able to get an extra Action on another model during Sparks' Activation can be a game changer. For example, using Command Construct to have another model Ride the Rails so that both Sparks and that model can evacuate the area before the opponent has a chance to attack either of them. It can also be used on Enemy Constructs, which is useful because previous enemy Constructs where difficult for the Foundry to handle, as they ignore Vent Steam. Plus, it is an Attack Action, so now Sparks has a use for Focus!
++Sparks no longer needs to consume Scrap for his Tactical, which means your Turn 1 has a decreased resource cost.
+ Sparks can turn your Living models into Constructs, so when they die you get an extra Scrap!
-Increased resource cost. Command Construct require a NINE, in a crew with ZERO card draw and lots of discards. It is definitely not going to go off every Turn, maybe once or twice a game. At least it can be mitigated a little bit by spending Focus? Oh, also it has no Triggers...
- Sparks can no longer give himself an extra Action. Previously, you could Burn Out Sparks for a 3rd Action, but you can't Attack yourself so you cant Command Construct on yourself.
- The range of Scrapyard Mines got reduced and it is now an Aura. Most of the time, I'm throwing the enemy into the Scarp so the range reduction isn't seriously impactful. The fact that it is now an Aura is mitigated by Stone usage, as it is now acceptable for Sparks to be on or near the front lines.
- - With the Focus Changes, Galvanize is not a great Trigger, particularly if you want to bring Kang.
- - Command Construct is affected by Concealment, so you still have the issue where your Turn 1 can be messed up by Diesel Engine, except now you don't get your extra Action if the model you want to target is in Vent Steam.
- - - The Maximum amount of health Sparks can save you in a Turn has been reduced. Previously you could Heal twice and give Shielded, for a total swing of six Health. Now that his Tactical is no longer a Bonus Action, the most HP you can swing is four, or if you Ride the Rails, only TWO.
Analyze Weakness is still a dead Action. Sparks has even more Action AND resource pressure than he did before. In my 60+ games of Foundry, I have attempted Analyze Weakness twice and succeeded zero times.