Wyrd Stock in Europe

trikk

Dear Wyrd, 
It saddens me to see the state of Malifaux stocks in Europe. I can totally understand COVID/Shipping but it's worth noting that since Brexit happens, 95% of stores will not buy Malifaux from a UK distributor since the import costs kill any sense of having it. Most of the non-UK stores didn't get Malifaux Burns book and ANY title box (November releases). There are several keywords that you can't complete. A lot of them you have to scrap through 2-3-4 stores. I know Europe might not be your primary market but it's really hard to get new players in when they literally can't buy anything ;( 

Total Wyrd Fanboy

• Agree 7

The situation is kinda frustrating, to be honest. I work at a LGS in Germany and as someone who loves the game myself, I got several poeple interested in Malifaux (even my boss who is usually very reluctant to try out new games). The hype is slowly starting to die down however, because not only can I not order anything to get them started, but even other stores or online sites have almost no products at all.
I don't want this game to die around here before it even had a chance to live. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Hey, look.  If an American company tried to force a European distributor to carry a product, you'd call that "unchecked American Imperialism".

So it sounds to me like the claim is that all of these stores in Europe are poking around at their distributors to see if there's any Malifaux stock without ever stopping to write out a message "Hey, we're looking for Malifaux stuff.  Why don't you stock it so I can buy it from you?"  Situations like that are why I'm glad I don't work in supply chains.  😕

• Respectfully Disagree 3

EU distributors are not interested. Wyrd is a too small fry for them. Not worth the effort.
And, outside UK, I think there is only 2 EU distributors for Wyrd: one italian, can't remember who the 2nd one is. But they are not restocking frequently, despite being called on a weekly basis by some stores.
There used to be the company that is owning Wayland games, but since Brexit, ordering from UK is not only very complicated but also very expensive.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Antinea said:

EU distributors are not interested. Wyrd is a too small fry for them. Not worth the effort.
And, outside UK, I think there is only 2 EU distributors for Wyrd: one italian, can't remember who the 2nd one is. But they are not restocking frequently, despite being called on a weekly basis by some stores.
There used to be the company that is owning Wayland games, but since Brexit, ordering from UK is not only very complicated but also very expensive.

I have no idea how this works from a market perspective. There's a bunch of stores that would like to order from distributors but the distributors don't want to make easy money :o?

• Like 1

The shop we've been buying to is levisuel.com (little advertising inside !). It has access to a spanish and a german distributor that have some stuff but are clearly not up to date and otherwise, It seems he is avoiding distributors and ordering directly from wyrd.

• Agree 1

I don't know about other countries, but since Brexit I've bought several times from Wayland and no problem, no customs, nothing at all. Before Brexit in orders over 60 euros they wouldn't charge anything, now they charge always 5 euros but they take care of everything custom-related so from my point of view there is no difference to how I bought from them before.

What's more, in Spain we have Quinto-Elemento (just type it like that on Google) and they get all the new releases with a two week margin compared to Wayland, they are slightly more expensive but deliver very fast. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chou said:

I don't know about other countries, but since Brexit I've bought several times from Wayland and no problem, no customs, nothing at all. Before Brexit in orders over 60 euros they wouldn't charge anything, now they charge always 5 euros but they take care of everything custom-related so from my point of view there is no difference to how I bought from them before.

When you pay in euros, Wayland includes the VAT into their prices automatically so their "conversion rate" is "bad" in a sense but that means that there's no extra hassle from the customers' point of view (and the end result for the amount of money paid is naturally the same). But it only works realistically for individual customers and doesn't solve the problems of distribution.

We also struggle with the availability of goods (especially the new ones but even restocking of some older ones often takes more than half a year even if they are available on Wyrd store for long time). Honestly I have enough miniatures to play with, but it seriously hampers the growth of our small community. We celebrate every single new player that occasionally shows their interest in Malifaux, but we are ofter not able to keep it as soon as they find out, that it is nearly impossible to get all the boxes for the keyword they like anywhere in the EU.

• Agree 4

My LGS orders from Wyrd directly and pretty regularily and has the stock pretty fast.
They also are out of certain boxes once in a while since Malifaux is burning hot in our LGS but that is a topic to itself because ordering from the us more frequently isn't that viable.

Unfortunately they don't have a webstore but can be reached via email. German based. Don't know if they do international shipping.
Anyone interested can shoot me a pm.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the necro, but I'd love to include Siren Games for Austrian players and Fantasiewelt in Germany. They have a pretty decent Malifaux stock, Siren Games is also a walk-in shop. They do miss a few things every now and then, but have a pretty stable distribution line and they ship to Hungary. :DBut yes, a "homeland" distributor would be welcome for most European players I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I'm in Ireland and there's literally zero. I only have minis since I used to live in the UK. Some people have asked my FLGS and they're thinking about it, I'd like to try and kickstart the community here as I think Malifaux is unique and well placed within the market in terms of complexity, aesthetics and game mechanics as well as price point and as a result accessibility for people new to wargaming.

• 2 months later...

i wanted to buy the iconic a wild ride and it's not available, release date was december and lgs say it's not released. i'm trying to get Twisted Alternative: To Grandmother's House We Go and it's not available...i'm in France. shipping to France from wayland is 25€

19 hours ago, R R said:

i wanted to buy the iconic a wild ride and it's not available, release date was december and lgs say it's not released. i'm trying to get Twisted Alternative: To Grandmother's House We Go and it's not available...i'm in France. shipping to France from wayland is 25€

For France, try this shop: https://levisuel.com/en/4-malifaux-m3e. I looked briefly and it seems the Iconic is available, but the Twisted alternative is out of stock.

They are based in Belgium (just at the border with France), and they ship within Europe. You can also find the guy behind the shop if you go to the french speaking Discord server for Malifaux. You can ask him when (more than if) he will reassort the Twisted alternative box.

• Agree 1

i bought the twisted at Philibert. i wanted to buy everything in the same store because of shpping cost (it's a lot when you buy from many store). it's a shame because i have 3 lgs near me so i will try to ask distributor myself.

edit: i ordered from levisuel.