Pandora, Tyrant-Torn

HomelessOne

Well I was asking for a summoner Dora, now I have it! Base on the art, the sculpt has a lot of potential.

I'm quite happy to get Dorian in NB. He brings much needed markers removal and a second don't mind me model. Boring conversation is also a great tool to have access to.

I think he'll fit well in a Mama Z crew. His attack on the doll is good, and Z can move him around for easy Scheming + boring conversation.

There is a lot of nice things on Dorian, from the free 2" move that lets him disengage if you want, as well as moving friendlies about, to the marker removal, and the ease at which he can gain shielded +3 to pair with his incorporeal. Oppotunist Distracted is probably more use in the performers than woes in general, but its nice to finally have it. 

Don't mind me is always nice to have. 

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

Oppotunist Distracted is probably more use in the performers than woes in general, but its nice to finally have it.

Well opportunist always work with stunned, so it's always good in Woe and since his own attack give distracted he'll have plenty of use for the distracted part as well.

Not sure how potent it would be, but 2nd Mastering this Pandy into a OG Zoraida crew looks like fun.

Throw First Mate into a cluster of the enemy. Stun three big dudes with Pandy. Stench forces three Discards. Beat snot.

Reading the Cards + Aspect of Fortune seems fun too.

Dunno if there's a competitiveness there (I am the worst f'n judge on that), but I can see hijinks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Not sure how potent it would be, but 2nd Mastering this Pandy into a OG Zoraida crew looks like fun.

Throw First Mate into a cluster of the enemy. Stun three big dudes with Pandy. Stench forces three Discards. Beat snot.

Reading the Cards + Aspect of Fortune seems fun too.

Dunno if there's a competitiveness there (I am the worst f'n judge on that), but I can see hijinks!

Creating overlapping Hazardous Auras with No Shelter Here and something like the Emissary and then double Obeying enemy models to charge around in the hazardous with a summoned Poltergeist putting resist flips on a negative seems ok too. Up to six single damage pops.

6 minutes ago, ThreeBatts said:

I like the new Pandora, but I just wish she still had Misery.
I feel weird that she is missing one of the main mechanics of her keyword.

The whole point is that she buffs other models misery a *lot* (now a single one can cause 3 pings via hazard) she has summons for more misery besides

5 hours ago, Korrok said:

So wicked dolls can give her adversary (enemy keyword) and force most of the other crew to always be at a - when targeting her. Lol

Why most? All the enemy models will be on a neg, there'sno way around it that I can think of... They probably didn't think about that when they created the adversary enemy condition. 

I can see my opening turn involving using Sorrows to Glimpse Kade and Teddy for Stunned and have him move up twice, calling Teddy up 5". Activate Teddy and double move. Move Pandora into position, use Compounded Emotions to give Kade Focused+1 and make Teddy Fast for next turn.

Edit - I made a dumb

Edited by DevilCat
Haven't played this crew in a while
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, fire5tone said:

Because the doll can only give *keywords* and enemy is not a keyword!

This is a reasonable arguement. I went back to the adversary description and it says that X can be a keyword, a characteristic or a name, but doll specifically said adversary keyword. So I can buy your argument here. I still think that wyrd will need to clarify this quickly.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SEV said:

This is a reasonable arguement. I went back to the adversary description and it says that X can be a keyword, a characteristic or a name, but doll specifically said adversary keyword. So I can buy your argument here. I still think that wyrd will need to clarify this quickly.

Adversary (Enemy) is possible, Nellie gives it out. Threaten, however, has "choose a keyword" in its cost, so Wicked Dolls can't give Pandora Adversary (Enemy) only Adversary (Keyword).

• Like 2

Played against this Pandora once so far. She seems very powerful.

Sorrow are an example of a relatively cost-effective model that can be removed with a moderate amount of effort. When you can summon them for 1.5 AP, they get pretty good! Although my opponent only summoned one, the threat of summoning more was rough.

Also her tricks are quite good - condition swapping without resistance is extremely good. It wasn't uncommon for me to have a model both stunned and slowed (although I was playing McMourning).

No Shelter Here is a real hassle, repositioning key models and making activations awkward.

Her main attack didn't come up much, but I think it looks pretty good as a fallback option. Effectively a 2/4/5 damage track (or 1/3/4+1) is pretty sweet.