New reva title

Korrok

Plink damage potential of this crew is godly, makes revenant an attrition crew as well. Suddenly Vincent’s trigger to move a pyre is now amazing. Blasts on the new model + lampads/wanyuto are now better too. Loss of plus flips is justified. You take this reva into armor, or bubble crews. I think you announce reva and pick title based on the opponents master. Same strats and schemes can be achieved by both titles, this master leans harder into counter play I think, rather than an expansion of strats and schemes it can see play for (nekima is now more scheme marker friendly with new title for example).

• Like 3

Overall I like the concept. Similar to Nekima, Reva gave up some of her independence for greater synergy with her crew and being able to summon Lampads gives them a lot more value since they've always felt overcosted to me. The one qualm I have is that of the 3 Burning ladies Reva's keyword puts out the least amount of direct Burning so it might be difficult to get the most out of the Lantern's Light and Immolate combo, but that's probably why we've got stat 7 and the built in Tome. Deacon's Flare Up will help stop enemies from removing it, but I'll need to put this version on the table to see if it all works out.

• Like 1

Very interested in trying her out. I'm afraid the pushes from Tear Back the Veil could get a bit fiddly once there is a scrum, but very useful. Definitely makes her the Burning focused Reva, which I always had trouble with in the old Reva. Maybe now I should go back to the old one and try and focus more on Corpses.

Deacon seems a bit suit hungry to get the most out of him. Blaze of Glory might help with that a little. Still, another way to ping 1dmg and Burning +2 on friendlies as well as possibly dropping a Pyre is always helpful. 

Enkindle the Cult plus Funeral Pyre plus Tear Back the Veil is interesting. Get hit. Pop a Mindless Zombie. Drop a Pyre Marker. Push enemy into the marker. Push Reva out of melee range. And of course if you do it on a candle you get two markers just to make things obnoxious. 

Every pyre drop is 1 damage, 1 burning, and 2" of move when in her LOS. That's crazy strong.

Her Fan The Flames to teleport people seems super strong as well.

Summoning lampads is probably neat.

But... We know from many others that sometimes making a master super keyword dependent just results in a bad crew when the keyword is weak... So will be interesting to see if the lampad buff + this new title is enough to make a playable crew.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Every pyre drop is 1 damage, 1 burning, and 2" of move when in her LOS. That's crazy strong.

Her Fan The Flames to teleport people seems super strong as well.

Summoning lampads is probably neat.

But... We know from many others that sometimes making a master super keyword dependent just results in a bad crew when the keyword is weak... So will be interesting to see if the lampad buff + this new title is enough to make a playable crew.

Pyro not only 1 burn ? 

1 hour ago, LinenMusician said:

New Reva looks great (like her scultp either) but i have doubts about her survivability - def 5 and enkindle the cult as only defehsive ability, yep it will save you from 2 big hits but still it may not be enough, especialy because she wants to be within 8 of enemy models jr pyre markers

so enkindle is actually suprisingly good defense against melee, if you get charged, and sack a model, you drop a pyre marker to put yourself potentially 4" away from the model that damaged you while doing 1 damage and sticking them in a pyre

• Like 1

Just now, fire5tone said:

so enkindle is actually suprisingly good defense against melee, if you get charged, and sack a model, you drop a pyre marker to put yourself potentially 4" away from the model that damaged you while doing 1 damage and sticking them in a pyre

Oh, that sounds great, didnt think about it ¯ \ _ (ツ) _ / ¯

• Haha 1

Free Lampads? Looks like Toshiro has some good synergy with this Reva. Ample opportunity for Ashigaru summons, and can help a hired/summoned Lampad push through burning to summon more. Sloth and/or Deacon can join the fun to make the Toshiro -> Reva activation order close to a guaranteed kill/summon, or Toshiro -> Lampad so the Lampad's target is legal for the Flame Wall trigger from the start of the Lampad's activation. I've run dual master Yan/Asami for Toshiro + Jorogumo/Akaname shenanigans, and it was quite fun in a casual setting. This looks to be about the same with much less hoops to jump through, a higher floor, and a higher ceiling.

Am I right in assuming that Reva still drops the Pyre marker when killing/summoning a Lampad? So the Lampad starts with Burning +2 (drop + push), and the Demise ability ready to go to in-case Reva needs to blank some damage?

13 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

When you drop a pyre, you get to push nearby models once per activation (Tear Back The Veil). When you do, they take hazardous (burning 1). When they take burning the first time, Visions of Fire lets you do one damage to them.

Ok get it. I miss understood u. So she look cool mb practice her 

• Like 1

Her Enkindle the Cult ability combined with Visions of Fire and being in a Pyre Marker means if she is ever controlled by an enemy they can instantly kill her. As far as I know the only way to do this is with the Misdirected Rage trigger on Lyssas and on Big Brain Brin, but it means that if you face them they can instantly kill you if they land a hit in melee while you are in a Pyre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jinn said:

Her Enkindle the Cult ability combined with Visions of Fire and being in a Pyre Marker means if she is ever controlled by an enemy they can instantly kill her. As far as I know the only way to do this is with the Misdirected Rage trigger on Lyssas and on Big Brain Brin, but it means that if you face them they can instantly kill you if they land a hit in melee while you are in a Pyre.

The burning would be gained after the controlled action is resolved. Would they still be able to control resolving effects at that point? I could see if Reva gave herself burning through an action, but no one controls the marker during the hazardous resolution.

1 minute ago, PiersonsMuppeteer said:

The burning would be gained after the controlled action is resolved. Would they still be able to control resolving effects at that point? I could see if Reva gave herself burning through an action, but no one controls the marker during the hazardous resolution.

Hazardous should be in step 6 of resolving an action (aka, still part of the action). Same as you control a model during its triggers.

• Thanks 1

So wouldent enkindle the cult basically make it so anytime an enemy would hit her and she would die anyway she can just enkindle on herself so the enemy doesent count as killing her? Basically making it so turf markers can't be flipped to neutral on her death? Also makes it so death beds can't be scored on her. If it said "chose ANOTHER Friendly model in range" instead it would get rid of all this but I can't comment on if this was the intended use lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Korrok said:

So wouldent enkindle the cult basically make it so anytime an enemy would hit her and she would die anyway she can just enkindle on herself so the enemy doesent count as killing her? Basically making it so turf markers can't be flipped to neutral on her death? Also makes it so death beds can't be scored on her. If it said "chose ANOTHER Friendly model in range" instead it would get rid of all this but I can't comment on if this was the intended use lol

Yup, and also that models that can control her (like the journalist keyword) can kill her instantly if she stands in a pyre.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

Can someone break down the sequence of events that would result in this happening? I don't quite get it

Basically, if you can obey Reva, you control her abilities during the course of the action, so if you take damage, you can sack Reva to reduce it to 0, the reason for the pyre is you can use visions of fire to make her take 1 damage

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

Basically, if you can obey Reva, you control her abilities during the course of the action, so if you take damage, you can sack Reva to reduce it to 0, the reason for the pyre is you can use visions of fire to make her take 1 damage

Ahh, got it. So you make Reva move or do something in a Pyre, give herself 1 damage for getting Burning, then kill herself as a friendly model within 2 to nullify the damage.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

Can someone break down the sequence of events that would result in this happening? I don't quite get it

Reva standing in a pyre. 

Journalist attacks her and get the trigger to make her take an interact action which they control. 

Reva takes action in hazardous terrain, at the end of the action she gains burning from the pyre. 

The journalist still controls reva so decides she takes a point of damage when she gains burning. 

The journalist then decides that as reva is going to take damage she can kill a friendly model within2 to reduce the damage to 0. 

Reva is a friendly model within 2 so is the model picked to be killed. 

• Thanks 1