Can we get a rider please?

That Tome

Pessimistically, if Outcasts got a Rider it would probably be a year to two years until you saw the stats for it.

That's just going off of the fact that it'll probably take them until the middle of the year or later to finish releasing (or re-releasing) all of the currently published models (including the various new models in the faction books).  And Explorer's Society is presumably getting ready for a GenCon release.

51 minutes ago, Qawwali said:

I get frustrated that playing certain factions/scheme pools that the riders seem to be an auto include in our local meta. Can we have one please?

There are only 4 horsemen of apocalypse, so I don't think (or want) so. 

Riders just need a small adjustment, specially the pale rider. The others are easily countered. Stunned is your way to go. 

Once The Society drops, there will be 4 factions with a rider and 4 factions without (doubt they'll get rider on the drop).

The 4 with are the original factions where Outsiders were the 5th that could hire them all together (thanks Leveticus!).

Gremlins/Bayou spawned out of Outcasts and so did Ten Thunders in a way ish....

I doubt when they originally created the riders they envisioned they would expand so much.

Pale, Hooded, Mechanical, & Dead already exist.... but they are not exactly the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, they are just adjectives.  We just need 4 more adjectives to describe the 4 other factions that don't sound like the Effigy/Emissary adjectives.

So, what should our adjectives be?

BAYOU -

EXPLORER'S SOCIETY -

OUTCAST -

TEN THUNDERS -

I'm still holding out for Explorer's society having a Horsemen henchmen so he can lead the four Horsemen.

For Outcasts, the real thing that riders bring to the table is Ride With Me. That is why they are so popular - they are solid mobility models that have another useful role (beater). So if trying to replace them with current models, I suggest looking for models that can move other models around. Or highly mobile models like First Mate also semi-fill the same role of course.

Or take Zipp and hire Iron Skeeters for Fly With Me xD

9 hours ago, ShinChan said:

There are only 4 horsemen of apocalypse, so I don't think (or want) so. 

Riders just need a small adjustment, specially the pale rider. The others are easily countered. Stunned is your way to go. 

Sorry.  Is there anything versatile that hands out Stunned?  I've only played thematic Freikorps.

But if Outcasts did get a rider/Horsemen...

It'd be a rat riding a cat. Keywords horsemen and plague. Whiskers, Lord of the Apocalypse.

Size 1, has Ride with Me.

True Lord Of The Apocalypse: when Whiskers is your leader, you may only hire horsemen. All horsemen you control treat other horsemen as size 0 for 'Ride With Me' (so they can ride with each other).

Fate tokens: gains them. Has a bonus action to redistribute them. Can discard 3 blight tokens to gain a fate token.

Attack action: inevitable doom. Discard up to two fate tokens from any friendly models within 3". Do 1 irreducible damage for every fate token removed this way.

10 hours ago, clockworkspide said:

Sorry.  Is there anything versatile that hands out Stunned?  I've only played thematic Freikorps.

Hans. Its on a trigger, but he has reference the field guide so its not that hard to reach.

On topic  - I don't really see the need to give all factions the same models. I imagine that the only cycle that will be carried  across into the Explorers guild is the effigy/emissary. (And I still grumbled when TT and Bayou gained them last edition for no reason other than to re-complete the cycle)

The only other cycle that I can see as in all 7 factions is Crossroads Seven, and I would be surprised to see an 8th one of them.

I suppose a new type of "rider" is now possible that we have 4 factions without them, because, to me, the Horsemen (this edition and last anyway) are strongly connected to the 4 suits rather than the factions, it just so happens that the 4 "original" factions were each also tied to a suit (Outcasts originally were a place for models that didn't really work with anyone else, rather than a proper faction).  Bayou, Ten thunders and Outcast don't seem to have the same connection to a suit that it would make sense to give them a model that really uses that suit. (to me at least).

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, clockworkspide said:

Hans is your guy. Discard the card to get the crows and shoot once with each attack. I would assure the stunned first and then go for the slow. I bring him many times with Tara if I suspect that my enemy will bring the horse.

I struggle to find him some place in Parker crews, but they have enough mobility to avoid a massive Revel in Secrets and enough fire power to kill him turn 3 if he exposes himself. 

On the other topics, I really agree with @Adran

14 hours ago, Adran said:

Hans. Its on a trigger, but he has reference the field guide so its not that hard to reach.

On topic  - I don't really see the need to give all factions the same models. I imagine that the only cycle that will be carried  across into the Explorers guild is the effigy/emissary. (And I still grumbled when TT and Bayou gained them last edition for no reason other than to re-complete the cycle)

The only other cycle that I can see as in all 7 factions is Crossroads Seven, and I would be surprised to see an 8th one of them.

I suppose a new type of "rider" is now possible that we have 4 factions without them, because, to me, the Horsemen (this edition and last anyway) are strongly connected to the 4 suits rather than the factions, it just so happens that the 4 "original" factions were each also tied to a suit (Outcasts originally were a place for models that didn't really work with anyone else, rather than a proper faction).  Bayou, Ten thunders and Outcast don't seem to have the same connection to a suit that it would make sense to give them a model that really uses that suit. (to me at least).

12 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Hans is your guy. Discard the card to get the crows and shoot once with each attack. I would assure the stunned first and then go for the slow. I bring him many times with Tara if I suspect that my enemy will bring the horse.

I struggle to find him some place in Parker crews, but they have enough mobility to avoid a massive Revel in Secrets and enough fire power to kill him turn 3 if he exposes himself. 

On the other topics, I really agree with @Adran

Neat.  Thanks!

16 hours ago, ShinChan said:

I've tried the same, but the player just AFKs the rider out of sight, and then double walks into position for the bonus action 😐

The DF 6 and WP 7 stats don't help either, to be honest.

Also doesn't help that the models are so gorgeous, and my opponents are really good painters. I'm so jealous!