Weirdness with Keywords and Dual Factions.

Was just thinking, it's weird that because of the removal/non-inclusion of duality from non-Master/Totems, and the reliance on Keywords, that the only time you'll see Pathfinders in an Explorer Crew, is in a Basse led one. You'ld think they'd be a recruitable, if not a Versatile model for the Faction, and yet, nope, Hoffman and Sonnia can get them, but McCabe can't.

Am going to be very curious what Explorer's Guild adds specifically to Basse's Keyword. He's already got more hiring options than Nellie and Sonnia, and the third largest pool in Guild (85SS worth of options) behind only Hoffman and Dashel, though admittedly, two of his hires are Traps and Raptors.

At least McCabe is only "half done", with the lowest number of options, and the smallest pool (50SS, with Ophelia the next closest at 58SS). So I expect him to see quite a few Wastrel models in Explorers.

Basse may end up like Zipp in Outcasts, who has a huge pool of models in his first faction and only one Infamous hire in his second faction.

Even so, there are a number of differences between Bayou Zipp and Outcast Zipp, due to the availability of versatile and ook hires, along with a different set of upgrades. 

I would be surprised if we saw more than a handful of new Frontier models. 

20 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

He's already got more hiring options than Nellie and Sonnia, and the third largest pool in Guild (85SS worth of options) behind only Hoffman and Dashel, though admittedly, two of his hires are Traps and Raptors.

Dont forget poor Paul Crockett!

Similarly, McCabe has 50 Soul Stones worth of hire, making him lowest in Ten Thunders. Based on the themes of The Society, I bet were gonna get a good bit of hot Wastral action coming up!

42 minutes ago, belorey said:

I'm sure Basse will get at least one henchman + 3 Minion in the Explorer's Society. All Masters have 2 henchmen and dual máster would have one for each faction.

I don't think that's true for all masters. I think rasputina only has one. Zipp certainly doesn't have one in outcast, I can't think of a neverborn one for Marcus, and I think Mei has a Tt and a bayou one, but not an arcanist henchmen. 

Just now, Adran said:

I don't think that's true for all masters. I think rasputina only has one. Zipp certainly doesn't have one in outcast, I can't think of a neverborn one for Marcus, and I think Mei has a Tt and a bayou one, but not an arcanist henchmen.

Maybe it's not 100% but probably Rasputina will get one in future. Its a theory i have and i hope i'm right. Hehe

1 hour ago, belorey said:

Maybe it's not 100% but probably Rasputina will get one in future. Its a theory i have and i hope i'm right. Hehe

People often described the M2e boxes as master, totem, henchmen and 3 minions. It was true for about 60%, and there wasn't a common pattern for the other 40%.

There is a degree of each keyword having similar stuff, but I doubt it will ever reach the stage they have the same number of options. People like looking for patterns, even when they don't exist. The fire gamin existed for almost 10 years before we got a fire golem, but but people will look every year for the poison or wind golems. 

But the explorers guild may well have a frontier henchmen anyway. 

14 minutes ago, the tick said:

What if they made Collodi an Explorer's Society Master? Isn't he supposed be "searching" for his creator? Pretty far-fetched I'm sure, but then again...that'd be one less master they needed to create.

Collodi is DMH, and thus already has rules for M3E

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

Considering every other faction is getting a full faction book, I'd expect the same for Explorers.

I wouldn't mind betting the first "annual" will be the Explorer's Society book, but several models in it will share Keywords with existing factions.  For example, 10T may just get new Explorer's Society Wastrel models, Arcanist  could get a new Academic, Ressers a new Experimental, etc.

20 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

So a long closed beta for all the six remaining masters at once you think?

Obviously they can't just reveal the book like a surprise

Well it has probably already started with Ideas, and then alpha testing. I would be slightly surprised in there was public beta testing, but its certainly not impossible.

They could reveal the book like a surprise, its what they do with most books they release. I mean its presence isn't going to be a huge surprise, but its contents could be.

Given the faction book approach, its likely they won't release any more of the faction in Dribs and drabs, but rather 1 fell swoop.

14 hours ago, hippopacalypse said:

Didn't they say in the Daschel description on the main site that he had a hand in killing Collodi?

😱

Looking on Dashel's page...

What is known is Barker’s very public role in defeating the crazed puppeteer Collodi, saving countless lives in the process, inadvertently or otherwise.

That's a new development, since I think the last published occurrence for Collodi was wandering off in search of the song, its makers, or something.  Unless there's a Barker story that I'm forgetting about...

3 hours ago, solkan said:

That's a new development, since I think the last published occurrence for Collodi was wandering off in search of the song, its makers, or something.  

I'm almost positive the last mention of him was Hinamatsu description in Broken Promises. So probably his big death scene will be in Guild or Neverborn book.

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, hippopacalypse said:

Didn't they say in the Daschel description on the main site that he had a hand in killing Collodi?

I believe this was part of Lucius' orchestration to get Dashel promoted to Guild Guard Captain.
Collodi goes off everyone's radar, Lucius stages a scene where Dashel "saves" a bunch of people from the terrifying puppet (mimics can imitate puppets right?) and Dashel gets promoted to a position he neither wants nor cares about, but sits firmly under Lucius' thumb.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2019 at 7:56 PM, the tick said:

What if they made Collodi an Explorer's Society Master? Isn't he supposed be "searching" for his creator? Pretty far-fetched I'm sure, but then again...that'd be one less master they needed to create.

Spoilers for the Guild book

Collodi is currently a head on a desk in Lucius'  study. 

• Thanks 1