The Lucius box the best single purchase value in preparation for M3E

melkore

I guess we will have the Dashel box for the totem anyway. Wonder if there will be new models except for the totem? Or maybe the governors proxy will be Dashels totem? But this time it is really good. Or the new Proxy will be better than the Dashel totem? 

3 minutes ago, Dirach said:

I guess we will have the Dashel box for the totem anyway. Wonder if there will be new models except for the totem? Or maybe the governors proxy will be Dashels totem? But this time it is really good. Or the new Proxy will be better than the Dashel totem? 

In the livestream on AWP, you can see what looks like a new Daschel model.

1 minute ago, Gnomezilla said:

The masters in the case were Basse (and we have word of Wyrd now it is spoken with the short ‘a’ sound, one syllable), Lucius, and Lady J alone. I am looking again to see anything Dashel-shaped.

They can't put an "e" on the end and expect me to give it a short "a".  Also, it messes with my planned Meghan Trainor based theme music for when I put him on the board.

• Like 1

I think the big guy with Basse is Dashel. The details is not easy to see. I think the thing that looks like a round ball is his his outstretched hand with his finger pointing. But I might be seeing things I want to see. I cannot see who those behind Basse is. I think the guys around Lucius is lawyers and the scribe. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

They can't put an "e" on the end and expect me to give it a short "a".  Also, it messes with my planned Meghan Trainor based theme music for when I put him on the board.

I agree with you on the spelling and implied pronunciation, but here we are. 😕

• Like 1

Basse with a short a seems perfectly logical to me. What is less logical is that he is supposed to be a high ranking officer since "basse" is a slang word for a private in swedish. I guess it's just like master Queeg being a henchman. ;) Come to think of it I guess you are also dropping the e at the end so he's named after a fish?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Because the English language is weird and stupid: someone mentioned that the inspiration for Basse might be someone with that as a first name, and by the alchemy of English pronunciation rules a first name would use the short ‘a’, single syllable pronunciation and no question about it. Only when it becomes a surname is there room for argument.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on how much do you want it now or just want it for ME3?

He's going to have at least a new Henchman (and probably something else besides Guild Guard). Dashel will likely have a new Totem and Henchman at least.

So, their ME3 boxes will likely have stuff you want regardless. That said, Lucius is a fun Master and depending on how long we have, it's not a bad investment even if the box itself has an expiration date. You'll also have extra sculpts of Lucius and Dashel at least since we've seen new Dashel art and there was a new Lucius sculpt someone took video of during Gen Con.A little harder to tell, but it looks like there will be new sculpts of lawyers and the Scribe. We don't know if Guild Guard will have new sculpts. At the very least, you'll have extra Guild Guard for summons. So, it won't be an entire loss if you wind up rebuying the ME3 boxes. But it is also something you can probably wait on if you're good only basic sculpts (which is what the ME3 boxes will be in time as the ME2 boxes get phased out).

8 hours ago, Monster said:

So do you think I'm safe to buy the Lucius box now or should I wait?! That's what I clicked on this thread for!! :)

If you buy the box now, you will have 2 masters in a box. You will not have most of the theme models of each master. I think you should wait.

On 8/3/2018 at 3:24 AM, 4thstringer said:

The problem is, from the feed I just watched from Gen-Con, there will be new Lucius and Daschel models incoming, and they are really really ridiculously good looking.

But maybe there's more to life than just being really, really ridiculously good looking?

That Lucius... So hot right now! I actually prefer the old model though... That one just oozes class!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Buy Now, Buy Now, Buy Now........even if you end up wanting to get the new ones down the road you still get the Guild Guard and Lawyers and you can use the current Dashel and Lucius for the next year (speculation) till the other stuff is out. 

Even if the new rules drop sooner what is the likely hood that the models will actually be released any sooner that a year. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, thewrathchilde said:

Buy Now, Buy Now, Buy Now........even if you end up wanting to get the new ones down the road you still get the Guild Guard and Lawyers and you can use the current Dashel and Lucius for the next year (speculation) till the other stuff is out. 

Even if the new rules drop sooner what is the likely hood that the models will actually be released any sooner that a year. 

Yeah I think that is where I'm at on it. I'll probably get the new box when it comes out cause who doesn't like shiny new toys but it will be awhile before its available and just having more access to other models I don't currently own for the next will be nice.