The Lucius box the best single purchase value in preparation for M3E

melkore

You get Lucius, the future master Dashel, Lawyers and Guild Guards which both will be making great use of in M3E.

I'm a Neverborn/Arcanist player but picking this box and C.Hoffman will give me 3 Guild masters to play with if I wanted to make the jump.  That's a pretty low barrier of entry into Guild!

• Like 2

You don't know which models they will want after the switch, Dashel should be getting a totem of his own which will not be available as a single purchase so you are setting yourself up for duplicates and potentially wanting to rebuy because the new sculpt looks amazing. Guild guard might be like they were early m2e and Dashel might get mounted guardsmen in his box etc.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

Suddenly the recent Monday previews make more sense.  Maybe the False Witnesses will be Lucius’ default minion?

Sounds very Lucius.

17 hours ago, Ludvig said:

You don't know which models they will want after the switch, Dashel should be getting a totem of his own which will not be available as a single purchase so you are setting yourself up for duplicates and potentially wanting to rebuy because the new sculpt looks amazing. Guild guard might be like they were early m2e and Dashel might get mounted guardsmen in his box etc.

Given the speed that Wyrd release models it maybe a good idea to get them now so you only have the totem to proxy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McSkip said:

I personaly will Not purchase any models untill I have an idea what keywords they get

From a gaming point of view I am with you 100%, however I sort of run on the rule of cool and will be adding to my collection regardless of the rules they may have.

• Like 1

I'm concerned that with my current list being lucius and minions that the hire by type will shaft me. At the moment I run...

Monster Hunter...family

Investigator....guardsmen

The jury.... marshal

Witchling thralls....witch hunters

I anticipate these loosing synergy or being unplayable together due to increased cost ( depending on what the slight penalty is exactly) 

6 hours ago, Kevinsmith101 said:

I'm concerned that with my current list being lucius and minions that the hire by type will shaft me. At the moment I run...

Monster Hunter...family

Investigator....guardsmen

The jury.... marshal

Witchling thralls....witch hunters

I anticipate these loosing synergy or being unplayable together due to increased cost ( depending on what the slight penalty is exactly) 

we dont know how Lucius' playstyle will evolve. He may not care about minions anymore. The description Wyrd put on their webpage does not include the word "minion".

• Like 3

I already like Dashel in M2E. I may be in the minority who actually assembled, painted, and uses him but contrary to the popular view I find him to be a bargain 8SS for Armor, HtK, 9 WD....let's your other Guardsmen w/n 6" focus as a (0), gives (+) flips to Sh attack actions w/n 6", built in MI trigger that hands out slow or built in Critical Strike, CA vs WK to summon a Guild Guard, and a Reactivate (and Sacrifice at the end of turn) action for that critical turn where you need that minion to double activate to drop that scheme marker, finish off a key target, etc.

It certainly sounds like he will keep his support master theme which is great because people always compared him to nellie and it appears hers is changing too according to the brief ramble for each master. I think we have another solid year of 2nd yet as with wyrds current ability to keep to a release shedual my wave 5 models i wanted to play games with in 2nd ed could still not arrive before 3rd starts if they do an early 2019 release lol 

21 hours ago, Ludvig said:

@thewrathchilde

I hated Dashel when he was 9ss and didn't have a 0 upgrade. Would have preferred to have a usable buff totem at about 3 or 4 ss like the drill sergeant that he used to be. These days he is very nice  and I don't see people haring on him but that is after two rounds of errata to him. ;)

I think a lot of people are just missing out and got so used to disregarding him they don't see how much value he has. I am not going to rehash everyone I already said but talk aboutt value- 8SS, 9 WD, HtK, Armour +1, MI that hands out slow or is Min 3 damage...... that without even getting into summoning or buffing other guardsmen. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Dashel has been good since Arrest Him came out, but at 8ss he's a steal. I haven't run much with him lately as I've rediscovered how much fun Graves and Tannen are together, but I'll miss having Dashel in my Lucius crews come M3E.

I agree completely. However, I don't just run him with Lucius....I have several builds where I use him with Nellie and have some templated ideas I want to try out using him with Sonnia and Perdita. 

2 hours ago, admiralvorkraft said:

Dashel has been good since Arrest Him came out, but at 8ss he's a steal. I haven't run much with him lately as I've rediscovered how much fun Graves and Tannen are together, but I'll miss having Dashel in my Lucius crews come M3E.

Luckily, with being able to hire multiple masters in M3E, you can probably still run them together.

I got good mileage out of Dashel when using Riflemen (because (0) with those boys is nasty) but even after the price drop and Arrest Him! he still seems to be of limited use if you're not leaning into the Guardsman synergy. Two Riflemen and him make a scary firebase, but you need a good shooting gallery, and that costs a third of your crew, and is easily shut down.

I played him a lot, mainly because I like thematic crews and I like Lucius, but even with the upgrade I felt like I was wasting AP with him a lot - sending him forward means he doesn't cover your Riflemen, holding him back means pot shots with his underwhelming pistol, if there's a target close enough to Arrest then your Riflemen are probably about to get eaten.

He's decent as a brawler, but we have better, and the old complaint that he buffs bad models up to mediocre is valid in my eyes.

Having done all that whingeing, I will be  playing the hell out of him in M3E.

• Like 1