Monday Preview - August 14th

Nef

Ok, I love this thing, but cards on the table, I kinda wish it had the crazy elephant/snake face that you see Grootslang have sometimes. This is fantastic, but it's not quite what I pictured. Ah well, if nothing else, the head will make for a great base to sculpt something onto so I can realize my nightmare-elephant-snake-thing dreams.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J4bberw0ck said:

Ok, I love this thing, but cards on the table, I kinda wish it had the crazy elephant/snake face that you see Grootslang have sometimes. This is fantastic, but it's not quite what I pictured. Ah well, if nothing else, the head will make for a great base to sculpt something onto so I can realize my nightmare-elephant-snake-thing dreams.

To be fair it looks exactly like the art in Into the Bayou. This is what it was always going to look like.

2 hours ago, J4bberw0ck said:

yeah, the lack of elephantyness is something that disappoints me as well tbh

9 hours ago, Mason said:

No eyes!

40mm_googly_eyes.jpg

1 hour ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

Really wish I was better at painting black, because I know exactly what I want to do with this guy; terrorize Sigourney Weaver :P

Non-black black gives you the ability to tint your 'black' as well as give it some depth that straight black doesn't have. You start with the color you want to tint, and use black wash (thinned out black paint if you don't have a designated wash) to create shadows, then follow up with the base tint color to do highlighting. If you want more layers and depth, you can mix a little of the base color into the black wash to create intermediate bands between the shadows and highlights.

On 8/14/2017 at 7:49 AM, Boomstick said:

Somebody, somewhere is going to convert this guy into Xenomorph (might even be me!). Not that he needs it, looks great as is.

there IS an AvP game out, not sure how expensive it is or how big the models are. but it's worth checking out.