Who is your favorite Master?

Merellin

I got asked this once by Brian, it was a hard choice especially if you leave what we are judging it one up to us. So my answere was Pandora, because she makes me smile when I read about her in the fluff. Yes she is in my current favorite faction. Yes I liked her the most when I was play a different faction.

Runner up: Colette

In fact looking at the list of my top 10 masters most of them are women.

11 minutes ago, Dirial said:

Mei Feng.

70b80560485d1b877b215e0a1efcb2cd.gif

Kind of surprised by that, I thought you were a hard Guildie.

As for mine, ironically, it's probably McMourning.  Although I don't really play him, Ressers or Guild ever, he is simply the funnest character, I love his concept.  Although Yan Lo is fun to play, and quite fun conceptually.  But McMourning is.. well he's sort of Joker-esque, that crazed, but right on the fringes of sanity deal.

29 minutes ago, Tawg said:

Kind of surprised by that, I thought you were a hard Guildie.

I am.

Mei Feng is one of two Masters outside the Guild who tempt me a lot. Temptation, however, is not enough reason to buy something. I have borrowed her from time to time, and she is amazing on the table as she is in theme.

Fluff-design: the Dreamer. A little boy that dreams he's playing with giant man-eating Teddy bears and doesn't realize the horrors he's inflicting are real... doesn't get more Malifaux-y than that.

Mechanical-design: Lilith. When you play Lilith, you really feel like a spider in the center of your web, flying around and disabling key targets. Her mobility, Wicked Vines and Master of Malifaux all just come together to form a nice little package.

Aesthetically, Lucius or Nicodem. So much class, these two.

Story: Zoraida. She hit Somer with a big spoon.

• Like 2

Collodi.

"I've got no strings
To hold me down
To make me fret, or make me frown
I had strings
But now I'm free
There are no strings on me..."

I've chosen to start with Outcasts, and my favorite faction is Arcanists. Collodi, though, is just the right mix for me. Deeply menacing, tragically malign, and silly-but-scary. So nice.

• Like 1

Kaeris. I like her having wings (Titania intrigues me as well...) and the part about the model I didn't like (stupid boobplate) was within my modelling skill to convert in a satisfactory manner. I also find Grab and Drop rather humorous.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2016 at 9:49 PM, chryspainthemum said:

Fluff-design: the Dreamer. A little boy that dreams he's playing with giant man-eating Teddy bears and doesn't realize the horrors he's inflicting are real... doesn't get more Malifaux-y than that.

Mechanical-design: Lilith. When you play Lilith, you really feel like a spider in the center of your web, flying around and disabling key targets. Her mobility, Wicked Vines and Master of Malifaux all just come together to form a nice little package.

Aesthetically, Lucius or Nicodem. So much class, these two.

Story: Zoraida. She hit Somer with a big spoon.

I really like this type of breakdown, I will borrow it ;)

Fluff-design: Perdita, crazy mexican family that shoots every enemy. Even grandma has shotgun

Mechanical-design: Jack Daw, because why kill enenmy, when you can punish him

Aesthetically: Kaeris, because of wings and "fire" them

Story: Sommer, he is so funny, looks like perfect redneck to me

Fluff: Against all odds, it's Hamelin. I initially thought his backstory was a bit pants, but in a werid way it's really grown on me over time. He started life as a scientist, but trust me when I say that his temper and impatience should make him spectacularly ill-suited to such a job. Yet in spite of his temperament (or perhaps because of it) an experiment gone wrong resulted in his ascendance to Tyrant-hood. Of course as a Tyrant he's barely grown any wiser, having been foiled in his initial bid for power by a self-pitying girl who'd make any emo proud. ;)

To me then, Hamelin is the archeotypical bad guy - undoubtably evil yet fundamentally incompetent thanks to his character flaws, that make him his own worst enemy. He's the kind of bad guy you expect to see facing off against the heroes in your standard Saturday morning cartoons ("I'll get you next time, Gadget!") and that, for some inexplicable reason, really appeals to me. :D

Mechanics: Jack Daw! He pushes things, he hires some of the coolest models around and he utterly cripples models with his curses. I honestly don't think there's a model with a deeper and more interesting playstyle than Mr Daw. 

Aesthetics: Shenlong. I just love the idea of a guy who faces down everyone, from gun-toting cowboys to horrific monstrous killing machines, with nothing more than his bare hands. You just can't argue with how bad-ass that is. 

Fluff and mechanics - Lynch and Lucius. They both got the style and the moves. Though I have to say that the Brewmaster is Boss B) 
Mechanics and aesthetics -  Hungering Darkness (You didn't know he was a Masters? Hur-hur!) as  well as Shenlong. Can't argue with bare fists smashing monsters and gunlines apart.

my single favorite master, in the fluff, mechanics, aesthetic, everything. Has got to be The Dreamer/Lord Chompy Bits. and neverborn do tend to be my favorite.

Of course, Jack Daw is a close second. I'm generally not a fan of Outcasts but Jack Daw is one of my favorite masters.

On 30/06/2016 at 10:30 PM, Mutter said:

I like them all the most. Does that count? :D

Basically this for me too.  It really depends on what month it is!  At the moment Lilith is my favourite, but next month it will probably be someone else!

That said, the master I always come back to is Kirai, she got me into the game and remains my favourite (even if I do wish they would drop her power-level a little!).  Second are probably all of the 10T masters.

Special mention goes to Chiaki, if she were a Merc, I'd probably field her in every crew I made!

• Like 1