Who's the toughest model you have assembled ?

So I'm currently assembling Lady Justice and I must say she is pretty tough to put together (haven't even done up her arms yet and not even sure I put sheath on right looks right in the picture lol).

Having done Games Workshop minis before this the plastic models never really gave me any trouble but this one has been really trying for me.

Have you guys have had any of the 2e models that have been trying for you ? If so which ones ?

The metal Necrotic Machine, the WORST model ever to assemble. Killjoy's face chains were no picnic either, as most were not hard to insert, but figuring out which was which was super annoying, and getting the one under his arm inserted even once I discovered which it was was not fun.

Yan Lo's beard and Chiaki's box were also not fun assemblies.

• Like 1

Before I started malifaux, I used to play ogres in WHFB - not good ogres, but old bad book ogres.

The scraplauncher.

Terrible, terrible model in metal. Only one I've ever given up on. Still have scars and nightmares.

By comparison, everything in malifaux seems easy (peacekeeper aside) - and I've had no problems with the plastics at all.

The 10T Archers were a total pain, especially the "drapes" around their heads that were not marked which went to whom or which even paired.

Peacekeeper for me was not so much "difficult', as laborious and annoying ,since it required so much pinning, but at least I knew what went where.

• Like 1

Before I started malifaux, I used to play ogres in WHFB - not good ogres, but old bad book ogres.

The scraplauncher.

Terrible, terrible model in metal. Only one I've ever given up on. Still have scars and nightmares.

By comparison, everything in malifaux seems easy (peacekeeper aside) - and I've had no problems with the plastics at all.

This but Warriors of Chaos and my Hellcannon...the two barrel halves were miscast, bending them so they met up hurt...a lot!

Trickiest Malifaux model so far has been aRamos

Out of the 2e models, Kade and his damn arm.  Out of Malifaux in general...female Tokarage and floaty Illuminated are both ridiculous to attach to their bases.  Female Illuminated also had some facial issues in getting it to line up properly - a fair bit of scraping on the tentacle face bits *shrugs*  None of them were really bad, but they weren't necessarily as easy as most plastics.

I want some 10T Archers, but I can't help but wonder if I'm up for the challenge XD  Luckily I'm not at the point that I feel I need them in-game as of yet.

Worst thing I've ever assembled is probably the Wracks from Privateer Press.  Those damn chains.  Metal Cyclops Savages are no picnic either - why in the bloody hell are their arms in so many pieces that have to be angled just perfectly? Ugh.

Illuminated were a bitch for me. My fingers are the size of bratwursts so I have a helluva time with any small bits.  To be honest though, they were a walk in the park compare to Privateer Press's Nyss Hunters. I had to go to therapy after putting them together.  :mellow:

In currently in the process of putting together a Guild Guardian that is proving to be a bit of a pain, I've had to drill out the sockets for the arm and legs because they didn't fit properly and the small joints are proving a challenge for my super glue. 

Other than that most of the plastics I've built seem fine. I've not yet attempted my Zombie Chihuahua yet as I cherry picked the parts from McM's box that I wanted for Nico but I'm not looking forward to him!

Most of my friends has said the plastic Brass Arachnid was a pain as well but he doesn't look to bad to me. 

Worst models of all time have to be the GW Tomb King Tomb Scorpion in metal. Those legs were a royal pain and to this day they will not stay on. The Catapults were also a royal pain in the backside!

My collection is almost entirely the old metal miniatures, so I haven't had the pleasure of putting together the more troublesome M2E plastic miniatures; only the Guild Pathfinder, Iron Zombies and Lazarus. I ditched Lazarus for a conversion, but that was not because he was hard to put together, but because the sculpt was so awful :P

I also skipped the annoying metal minis, so my experiences with Wyrds miniatures areis almost completely positive.

Privateer Press on the other hand *shudder* Cryx crab-'jacks and the like, The Harbinger and most of the Legion of Everblight models were terrible. All the blisters and cuts I got from pinning and preparing all those models can't be counted on my remaining fingers...

I had massive issues with the tubes on the Strongarm suit. I've assembled hundred of models without issue but managed to snap every single tube in that kit.

I am tubeman, breaker of tubes

Sir, you are preaching to the choir. I snapped 2/5 of them... damn SAS had to be the awkward one!

The old LSPA was a pain, yes. but there will always be a special spot of hate in my heart for the original metal steampunk arachnids. Those things were so tiny, and yet they had two legs that came seperate, too small for any kind of pinning. In comparison, I found the Steamborg Executioner Howard Langston to be quite easy.

they were also among the first 5 models I ever tried to put together, previously only having done models which were mostly one piece humans for tabletop gaming purposes. I may still have marks on my fingers from the superglue.

To me using plastic glue is so much easier than super glue. I had no problems assembling the Hired Swords while I find models like the Infinity Hellcat HMG where you have to basically make a triangle of metal bits (torso, weapon-arm, other arm) frustrating. I always use liquid plastic glue with a metal pipe spout, like Revell Contacta Professional. I haven't used the paste kind for like 25 years but I remember it being kind of messy so it would probably suck for Malifaux tiny bit kits.

My entry for bad minis would be the really old GW hybrid plastic metal vehicles. Not that they were all that hard to assemble in some form, but fits were really bad so it took a lot of work to make them look nice. It seemed like they had basically made some greens of the metal parts that fit onto the pre-existing plastic vehicle, then through the process of making molds etc, the parts shrunk.

So far no real trouble with any of the 2e plastics. The worst thing might be that some of the areas where pieces line up have tiny gaps that needed to be filled in with green stuff.

Metal, on the other hand is a different thing altogether. The guild hounds were a pain in the ass, and so was the Blessed of December. I can't say which was worse.