Friday Preview - Egg Clutch

Nef

Happy Friday Wyrdos!  This Sunday many young children will be hunting for eggs, but in the Other Side the egg will be hunting for you!  That is because we are previewing the Egg Clutch of the Gibbering Hordes!

Wyrd_FridayPreview_3_29_2018.thumb.jpg.c5dd125ebebb69a6d89835ed92a1cded.jpg

What can be said about a pile of eggs? The Gibbering Hordes reproduce almost exclusively through the laying of eggs, and since their appearance on Earth, more and more of these Egg Clutches are being discovered in the dark and damp places of the world. Which species an egg will hatch into is a mystery that humans have yet to unravel, though the odds tend to favor Karkinoi or Crawlers, as the former lay a high number of eggs and the later are simply very numerous. The fact that many eggs end up as food for other species is one of the few things that have kept the numbers of the Hordes at least somewhat in check back on Malifaux.

On the table, Egg Clutches don’t do much. Despite this, they are still quite useful. They are able to come back into play when killed via Endless Numbers, and they make an excellent target for Survival of the Fittest. When they are no longer needed for support, they can hatch and become another hungry creature in the Hordes’ forces.

2 hours ago, Kimberly said:

What an Egg-citing Easter Egg-travaganza! This model is no yolk, so you better be walking on eggshells around them!

Ok, I'm done... I think this week has just made me... crack.

(seriously, I'm done before someone takes my keyboard away.)

Egg Jolks! You "Beat" me to the punch! That's Eggs-actly what I was thinking! I guess I have to Hatch something more original... maybe I'll go read the flavor text again, to try and Spawn something witty...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kimberly said:

I try to make it for every preview, but TOS is the most reliable. I'm seeing how long I can go before someone breaks...

#prayforme.

I thought she was clutching at straws, but instead it seems she is hatching something.