Aaron

August 15th - App

Just saw this thread and so happy. I play multiple different wargames and having a convinient app is the best.

I have found crewfaux to be amazing but downside is it doesnt have the cards stats  and i doubt I'm going to memorize everything.  Having played alot of warmachine i found that i greatly enjoyed warroom. I realize the danger of my phone dying during a tourney, but to date has never occured. I also have never had any hard feelings of me playing against a person who does have cards and needs to see my phone for questions on stats.

The ability to think about warmachine any place and answer any question i may have was aweaome.

I know this is threadmancy, but did this thing get canned? I did a search and didn't see anything else with a Nathan or Aaron response in it saying it had. Been away from Malifaux for just over a year and super excited to come back!!

Rumors are they where demoing it at Gencon. For now you have CrewFaux and Malifaux Companion to play with. Hopefully they are taking notes of Warmachines app and taking the extra time to make it that awesome too.

1 minute ago, PirateCaptain said:

I love the idea of sharing crews through QR codes, this looks great!

Oh yeah. That would make some battle reports a whole lot easier to record and analyze after the fact. ^_^

...Wait. That's the potential for BACK OF CARD INFO in the overlay. Not just front. Whoa. :huh:

I like the general direction it is taking. Regarding the layout, if you need to tap each ability to display its description, I hope the app will be really well-optimized. Also, the order of factions seems to be odd, I'd expect either the same order as in books or alphabetical one, but maybe that is due to it still being in the works. I LOVE the idea of having separate lists of owned, painted and favorite models, I assume you can use those as filters during selection. Will we be able to save not just crews, but also encounters? I would love the possibility to have the encounter prepared for each game before a tournament.

I guess the general layout could still use improvement. Certain elements feel way too large (e.g. headings like "Deployment", "Strategy" and such), and I counted at least 4 different fonts used in those screenshots - but I guess this will all be polished at a later stage of development.

3 minutes ago, Lakshman said:

I like the general direction it is taking. Regarding the layout, if you need to tap each ability to display its description, I hope the app will be really well-optimized. Also, the order of factions seems to be odd, I'd expect either the same order as in books or alphabetical one, but maybe that is due to it still being in the works. 

It's sorted from best on the left to worst on the right, except that Outcasts had to stand at the front to get shot, and Gremlins are just tagging after Neverborn because they're annoying.

A checklist for owned and painted? Your devious sales and marketing knows no bounds!! I can't resist a checklist. Gotta catch 'em all!

Not sure if you can answer this now, but will the app have in-app support for condition tracking, or due to the wide variety of conditions in-game will it necessitate continuing tracking conditions with tokens?

17 minutes ago, Lakshman said:

I like the general direction it is taking. Regarding the layout, if you need to tap each ability to display its description, I hope the app will be really well-optimized. Also, the order of factions seems to be odd, I'd expect either the same order as in books or alphabetical one, but maybe that is due to it still being in the works. I LOVE the idea of having separate lists of owned, painted and favorite models, I assume you can use those as filters during selection. Will we be able to save not just crews, but also encounters? I would love the possibility to have the encounter prepared for each game before a tournament.

I guess the general layout could still use improvement. Certain elements feel way too large (e.g. headings like "Deployment", "Strategy" and such), and I counted at least 4 different fonts used in those screenshots - but I guess this will all be polished at a later stage of development.

The factions are sorted by color values, oddly enough. There's only so much you can do with gremlin brown, and it's separated from outcast yellow and thunders orange. Makes me wonder if there's a color-blind tester who said 'separate these or I'll never tell them apart'.

Besides, I'm sure the other factions will be happier Guild isn't at the head of the line for once. :P

Speaking of usability, everything that was necessary was large enough font size to be read. I do agree that having the heading 'strategy' larger than the actual strategy is odd, but I could read them both on a screen.

24 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

Not sure if you can answer this now, but will the app have in-app support for condition tracking, or due to the wide variety of conditions in-game will it necessitate continuing tracking conditions with tokens?

What would be really cool is if they could somehow connect the condition tracking and a turn counter to then have the condition impact the model that has the condition.  Have a "next turn" button on the encounter page (or wherever) that you can hit which then would cause the burning or poison to tick down or blight to increase.   I realize there are a lot of variables that would have to be taken in to account such as McMourning's and Sebastian's interaction with poison but I think it would add a little bit of interactivity with the game on the board and the app. 

Personally, I would use this app more for theory-fauxing as I like the feel of the cards and markers but I know a lot of people don't like hauling the cards and markers around. I am still super excited to see this!!

4 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Just because ...

Screenshot_20170912-133926.pngScreenshot_20170912-134028.pngScreenshot_20170912-134036.pngScreenshot_20170912-134046.pngScreenshot_20170912-134101.pngScreenshot_20170912-135232.pngScreenshot_20170912-135249.pngScreenshot_20170912-135400.png

Screenshot_20170912-135232.png

I love the idea of what appear to be QR code loads, would make tournament rounds simple to get started building lists.

Wound icons on Lady J look clickable (otherwise there's not a reason to actually have them there either). That would be fantastic.