Frustrations of a Gremlin Player

Brewmaster

An important disclaimer: I will be as respectful as I am able to in this post, and I request that any other one who wants to post here do the same.

For the past 7 months that minis have been releasing, we've gotten a full set of Guild, Arcanist, Rezzers, and (technically) Ten Thunders. We've also got 2/3 Neverborn, and (technically) 2/3 Outcasts. The March schedule is starting to show support pieces, and 7 months later, there's still no Gremlin love.

I will be the first person to be "Alright, cool" if there's that explanation that I'm just not seeing, and I'm definitely not going for a "emo arm flailing about rant" cause you guys deliver a solid product that I want to give you money for. But ultimately I got into this game because of the Gremlin faction, and I have 120$ + shipping sitting in the bank right now. This is guarenteed money that's waiting for a friendly looking store button I can click on. I'm getting frustrated by the fact that my "tourney legal" options are much smaller, and require me double dipping to get the metals, then get the plastics with (based on the artwork) the MUCH more appealing sculpt.

Ultimately you need to do what makes the business run, I acknowledge that. I'm just expressing that as a person who enjoys playing a particular faction, I'm getting frustrated by current options.

• Like 1

I'm not as frustrated as you are, I only play friendly games down at the club. 2-3 Games per week, love the game. And to be honest, ME2 surprised me on how god game it is. Never mind that, let's stay on trak.

If I understand it correctly, according to issue#10 thier will be two gremlin crew boxes in the next release. Som'er and Ophillia. After 7 month I was kind of hoping for something new and not on the tow masters we already got... But hey, I do have a week spot for Som'er!

I'd expect to see a lot more Gremlin love in the 3rd Quarter. By then we will have a fairly small number of Masters still awaiting release from Wave 1. Namely Zoraida, Von Schil, Brewmaster and maybe a normal edition Tara. Throw into the mix the remaining henchmen, enforcers, generic totems and minions and I'd imagine we wont be far off of a complete wave 1 release by the end of this year. This of course is just my best guess and speculation based on the speed at which releases have been coming out. 

It might also have been a matter of not really knowing what was going to be in the starter boxes going into M2E.  

For instance, with Seamus, you can just toss him, his totem, Sybelle, and three Belles into a box and call it good, and that'll be about 25-29 points or so.  Even if belles went up a point, or Sybelle went up a point or two and the belles stayed the same, you could eyeball the set and say "yeah, that'll probably work for a starter."

With Ophelia, though, it would have been much harder to look at all her unique kin and try to eyeball what their final soulstone prices were going to be, because they're all unique models doing unique things.  They might have waited with Ophelia until they had a sense of what all the Kin were looking line points-wise and then decided what they wanted in her box and shipped it off to production. 

Of course, this is just speculation on my part.  I'm glad that the Gremlins are on the horizon.  :)

I had fun painting Burt and Gracie, but like you said, I want some more plastics, I am trying to avoid buying any metals because I know that they will all just be coming in plastic anyways, also I hate it when my metal models that I spent hours painting and doing base work for chipping, its not fun, but alas, it sounds like we are getting things very soon so our patience will pay off, assuming the new bayou Gremlins are the same as the artwork, we are in for a treat.

That was the problem - we signed off on the artwork, signed off on the digital sculpts (which honestly, very, very cool) ... it was and is the next step in the process that has been a royal pain and thus has caused all sorts of delays. Hopefully sorted as of this morning (at least verbally), now time to see the fixes and forward movement on it.

Believe me, I would rather see these out sooner than later. Gremlins are by far my favorite. 

• Like 5

That was the problem - we signed off on the artwork, signed off on the digital sculpts (which honestly, very, very cool) ... it was and is the next step in the process that has been a royal pain and thus has caused all sorts of delays. Hopefully sorted as of this morning (at least verbally), now time to see the fixes and forward movement on it.

I think we all figured it was something like this...would love to have heard it from you a bit sooner though in honesty (but understand you've been pretty busy)

Believe me, I would rather see these out sooner than later. Gremlins are by far my favorite. 

That's because you're obviously a man of impeccable taste

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Nathan, after previous issues with the new plastics manufacturing model it wasn't too difficult to assume something like this was going on in the background.  I'm eager to see what crews those boxes will carry and now that wave 2 is out eager to see any sort of art or fluff for the new gremlins.  But I can wait...like a gator in the bayou waiting for dinner to walk by  I can wait

Dave

My girl will be so psyched. She always gets the giggles just thinking about the gremlins. She denies it at the moment, but I'm sure she will get all gremlin box sets in one go.

I'm psyched about playing against them, as well, as you may be able to tell....